Today's Press Conference. 1pm

Patterson was destroyed by Gerrard, although I do wish he had highlighted the fouls against us that have put our players out, yet gone unpunished. By stonewalling the question it will come across as inconsistent when we next have a grievance about referees that needs aired.
The narrative is we will talk about it on our terms. Not the mhedia’s!

The narrative is we will talk about it on our terms. Not the mhedia’s!
Nah, not having that. By saying ‘I’m here to talk about Dundee, not referees,’ you lack credibility when your players face lengthy injuries through assaults like May’s on Jack and you need to highlight it.

It’s important we go on the front foot over this latest pathetic furore by the likes of the sheep and the poets, to insinuate that we are somehow getting preferential treatment, when the truth is that we were cheated at Aberdeen and lost two points as a result. Gerrard missed a real opportunity there, despite destroying Patterson.

I don’t usually get all that bothered about journos up here, like some of you do, but that really was pathetic from CP. SG gave him as much time and respect that he deserved. Twat.

Nah, not having that. By saying ‘I’m here to talk about Dundee, not referees,’ you lack credibility when your players face lengthy injuries through assaults like May’s on Jack and you need to highlight it.

It’s important we go on the front foot over this latest pathetic furore by the likes of the sheep and the poets, to insinuate that we are somehow getting preferential treatment, when the truth is that we were cheated at Aberdeen and lost two points as a result. Gerrard missed a real opportunity there, despite destroying Patterson.

You make a fair point, but I disagree. We know he was trying to lead Gerrard down a road where he would be exposed as exactly what you’re saying. Rightly or wrongly it would be reported in a negative light and it would give them something to rub their hands over. We’ve been accused of a bias for as long as I can remember, it’s not new. %^*& the Dhims and the Sheep. Gerrard should not be making their job easier!

Saw the SSN report with subtitles in the HS there, Mr Gerrard effortlessly saw off the media muppets and their attempts to ambush him. Another victory over them to chalk up.

You make a fair point, but I disagree. We know he was trying to lead Gerrard down a road where he would be exposed as exactly what you’re saying. Rightly or wrongly it would be reported in a negative light and it would give them something to rub their hands over. We’ve been accused of a bias for as long as I can remember, it’s not new. %^*& the Dhims and the Sheep. Gerrard should not be making their job easier!
The issue is that by not speaking out, we are allowing them to control the narrative. The sheep, the mentally challengeds and the Scottish press are leading the onslaught that we are benefitting from favourable refereeing/treatment on appeals, when the opposite is true.

I know where you are coming from but dignified silence gets you nowhere in Scottish football. We have seen this over the last 2 decades. All Gerrard has to do was say something along the lines of ‘we are aware of the disingenuous and inaccurate quotes and reporting this week. May I remind you of the fact we had a player wrongly sent off at Pittodrie, which cost us 2 points and were denied a foul that led to Celtc’s winner, meaning a 3 point swing on a key rival. We are certainly not favourably treated by the referees and footballing authorities.’

By doing that, we are highlighting irrefutable evidence that we do not benefit from favourable treatment. By not doing it, we are allowing the others to dictate the narrative and inferring that we might have something to hide by not discussing it.

Looks like they are going to be giving the Gaffer a hard time.

Charles Patterson has just been on Sky Sports stating that they will be bringing up McGregor not being sent off (and no doubt Morelos red card being rescinded), Stevie Clark being cited for comments about ref's (and the Gaffer not being cited) and our poor start to the league campaign (5 points out of 12).

Hopefully he will be ready for them and ask how many people were injured when McGregor and Morelos kicked-out, compared to how many people were injured when Bowman done Cardoso, Kipre done Jack, Allan done Rossiter, May done Jack and McGinn done Coulibaly….. 5 incidents where our players were unable to finish a game and missed further matches due to tackles that never received a red card.

Don't miss them Gaffer.

Very good point sir.?

I thought Jack's form had dipped in the last 2 or 3 games.
Possibly from so many back-to-back games or maybe he was already carrying a slight knock.
Eh?

Poor against them like all of us, but v UFA outstanding and looked as fit as a fiddle belting up the park in the final minutes

The issue is that by not speaking out, we are allowing them to control the narrative. The sheep, the mentally challengeds and the Scottish press are leading the onslaught that we are benefitting from favourable refereeing/treatment on appeals, when the opposite is true.

I know where you are coming from but dignified silence gets you nowhere in Scottish football. We have seen this over the last 2 decades. All Gerrard has to do was say something along the lines of ‘we are aware of the disingenuous and inaccurate quotes and reporting this week. May I remind you of the fact we had a player wrongly sent off at Pittodrie, which cost us 2 points and were denied a foul that led to Celtc’s winner, meaning a 3 point swing on a key rival. We are certainly not favourably treated by the referees and footballing authorities.’

By doing that, we are highlighting irrefutable evidence that we do not benefit from favourable treatment. By not doing it, we are allowing the others to dictate the narrative and inferring that we might have something to hide by not discussing it.
I see what you’re saying. I don’t support a dignified silence either. We need to keep our powder dry on some things and while other clubs play that line they are only pissing the SFA off, so let them dig their hole. Clarke has already been pulled up for it. For me we need to take back control of the press conference. Warburton walked into it too easy and Pedro got the piss taken right out of him. They would never dream of asking such questions or treating Walter Smith in such a manner. Gerrard is taking back that control and letting them know you will respect this club! By shutting down Patterson he let them all know not to come into the press conference and try and take the piss, when we’ve something to say you will know! I don’t see it being the dignified silence. Some of King’s statements have hopefully put that to bed!

Gerrard will bring this issue up, but in his own time and on his terms. He and the team need to focus 100% on tomorrow’s game. If we are screwed by an official again then he can make his thoughts clear post match. They can have their sound bites then.

I see what you’re saying. I don’t support a dignified silence either. We need to keep our powder dry on some things and while other clubs play that line they are only pissing the SFA off, so let them dig their hole. Clarke has already been pulled up for it. For me we need to take back control of the press conference. Warburton walked into it too easy and Pedro got the piss taken right out of him. They would never dream of asking such questions or treating Walter Smith in such a manner. Gerrard is taking back that control and letting them know you will respect this club! By shutting down Patterson he let them all know not to come into the press conference and try and take the piss, when we’ve something to say you will know! I don’t see it being the dignified silence. Some of King’s statements have hopefully put that to bed!
He is taking back control of the press but we only need to look at the details seeming coming out today about the Morelos red card. Neither the ref nor the linesman saw the offence properly and so they have either guessed or cheated. We have lost two points as a result, yet we still as a club sit back and let scumbag clubs come out and say that we receive preferential treatment. Fans of all clubs will now go with this being the case because this is what the mhedia and our opponents are putting forward as fact. It puts even more pressure on officials to be more ‘even-handed,’ which means our treatment at the hands of officials gets worse still. It’s time Rangers draw a line under this and go in the front foot. If Gerrard isn’t doing it pre-match, it’s imperative the club or our Directors get the actual truth out there, otherwise the situation just gets even worse, which is unbelievable.

Charles Patterson has just been on Sky Sports stating that they will be bringing up McGregor not being sent off (and no doubt Morelos red card being rescinded), Stevie Clark being cited for comments about ref's (and the Gaffer not being cited) and our poor start to the league campaign (5 points out of 12).

Hopefully he will be ready for them and ask how many people were injured when McGregor and Morelos kicked-out, compared to how many people were injured when Bowman done Cardoso, Kipre done Jack, Allan done Rossiter, May done Jack and McGinn done Coulibaly….. 5 incidents where our players were unable to finish a game and missed further matches due to tackles that never received a red card.

Don't miss them Gaffer.

The gaffer showed that yahoo Patterson exactly the right amount of complete disdain.

Gerrard will bring this issue up, but in his own time and on his terms. He and the team need to focus 100% on tomorrow’s game. If we are screwed by an official again then he can make his thoughts clear post match. They can have their sound bites then.
We’ll see mate, maybe he will, maybe he won’t but timing is critical with these things. The last couple of days has been on onslaught and once again our enemies have taken control of the narrative, even though their thoughts and quotes are utter bullshit but it’s what’s out there in the public domain and is not being challenged, ergo it becomes fact. Waiting til it’s too late and speaking out is futile.

He is taking back control of the press but we only need to look at the details seeming coming out today about the Morelos red card. Neither the ref nor the linesman saw the offence properly and so they have either guessed or cheated. We have lost two points as a result, yet we still as a club sit back and let scumbag clubs come out and say that we receive preferential treatment. Fans of all clubs will now go with this being the case because this is what the mhedia and our opponents are putting forward as fact. It puts even more pressure on officials to be more ‘even-handed,’ which means our treatment at the hands of officials gets worse still. It’s time Rangers draw a line under this and go in the front foot. If Gerrard isn’t doing it pre-match, it’s imperative the club or our Directors get the actual truth out there, otherwise the situation just gets even worse, which is unbelievable.
I read about that. To think we’re getting preferential treatment when the linesman wants to send our players off when he’s barely seen anything goes to show the stupidity in Scottish football! This issue is one for the club, King has before stated we are refereed to a different standard, I hope they’re on this too.

I read about that. To think we’re getting preferential treatment when the linesman wants to send our players off when he’s barely seen anything goes to show the stupidity in Scottish football! This issue is one for the club, King has before stated we are refereed to a different standard, I hope they’re on this too.
Yep. If we do not speak out strongly about this today and follow it up with direct action, contacting the SFA and SPFL, we are allowing it to slip by and ensure similar happens again in the future.

It’s incredible.

I wouldn’t be taking any chances. I would give him another 1-2 weeks of conditioning/training. The last thing we need would be a further 3 months out.

Completely, and I trust the management 100% whatever they choose. Dundee aren't hammer throwers, though, so it's probably one of the best chances we have of getting him a little bit of game time over the next few weeks. Not sure I'd want his first game time to be vs St Johnstone or on Livi's horrible pitch.

Completely, and I trust the management 100% whatever they choose. Dundee aren't hammer throwers, though, so it's probably one of the best chances we have of getting him a little bit of game time over the next few weeks. Not sure I'd want his first game time to be vs St Johnstone or on Livi's horrible pitch.
These pitches need outlawed. That’s 3 now between Livingston, Kilmarnock and Hamilton. It’s just not acceptable. They always contribute to injuries, just look at Murphy.

I ageee mate IF there is a dodgy incident tomorrow then I’m 100% confident Gerrard will come out after the game and let everyone know exactly his thoughts like he did after Aberdeen and against them , today is about tomorrow’s game and the preparation for it you won’t see a dignified silence

These pitches need outlawed. That’s 3 now between Livingston, Kilmarnock and Hamilton. It’s just not acceptable. They always contribute to injuries, just look at Murphy.

I largely agree but if it's absolutely necessary, there are ways to make them work in the professional game. UFA's pitch was artificial but played reasonably well because it was properly maintained and watered ahead of time (it didn't play like grass but was miles better than any synthetic pitch in Scotland). I'd much prefer that the top division in every league played on grass, though, and the financial excuse shouldn't be used by any club in a top division.

He's not been silent on refs though, he's been the opposite, I'm prettt sure he's not as naive as you think and he'll choose his battles carefully.

He's not been silent on refs though, he's been the opposite, I'm prettt sure he's not as naive as you think and he'll choose his battles carefully.
He hasn’t been but importantly he was today, right after we have come under collective fire, accusing us of being favoured by the refs/appeal should process.

It smacks of not wanting to talk about it when you have had the benefit of one or two decisions (McGregor and Morelos), despite the Morelos one actually costing us, which is exactly what we are being accused of. Gerrard should have highlighted where we have actually lost out due to poor officiating. Fight fire with fire. No point waiting til everyone has made their mind up that we somehow are favourably treated to come out with too little too late.

Patterson tries to ask about the Celtic game, gets shut down by the Gaffer and told it was 2 weeks ago. Someone else asks about the Celtic game and he answers the question perfectly fine. Gerrard 100% hates Patterson and will give him nothing, long may it continue. The more SG answers other people with the same question, the more Patterson will look like a fanny in front of all his peers.

Don't miss them Gaffer.
Loved it when he stopped them in their tracks and kicked ass,now the rest will know not to push him too far when he said you know what your job is and I know mine,oof.,belter.

He hasn’t been but importantly he was today, right after we have come under collective fire, accusing us of being favoured by the refs/appeal should process.

It smacks of not wanting to talk about it when you have had the benefit of one or two decisions (McGregor and Morelos), despite the Morelos one actually costing us, which is exactly what we are being accused of. Gerrard should have highlighted where we have actually lost out due to poor officiating. Fight fire with fire. No point waiting til everyone has made their mind up that we somehow are favourably treated to come out with too little too late.

Fair point. A response to the McGregor questions along the lines of "why are you asking about McGregor - why not about the Morelos decision where the officials admitted they didn't have a clear view yet sent him off?" would have been much stronger. I have the feeling that Gerrard is going to choose his battles, though, and didn't think that was worth fighting at this stage.

Going by the gaffer's mannerisms it looks like he's itching to get started on Saturday.. And he ain't the only one.. c'mon Rangers WATP

It's a crazy day when oor boss looks happy to take a question from poet Sheeeeeeelah after that prick Paterson:D

Patterson tries to ask about the Celtic game, gets shut down by the Gaffer and told it was 2 weeks ago. Someone else asks about the Celtic game and he answers the question perfectly fine. Gerrard 100% hates Patterson and will give him nothing, long may it continue. The more SG answers other people with the same question, the more Patterson will look like a fanny in front of all his peers.

To be fair it was the nature of the question that got a different response. The second question was more how will you respond...Paterson was just looking for controversy.

Well Queersie - does our Gaffer look terrified to you? Does he? Ya wanton throbber:

ddkjfb.gif

I could honestly listen to our Gaffers press conferences all night long.

I can't remember ever feeling so interested and engaged with a Rangers Managers interviews in 50 years following our team.

Honestly. I could listen to him all night.

I feels good just to have some Rangers related football news again.

So glad the international break is done.
Agreed but it kind of helped us little as well.We have played a lot of football in a very short space of time.Hopefully it’s done us some good.

Back