Today's press conference - Charles Peterson

It's no wonder many people just get f.ucked off with Scotland and Scottish football.

Pro-rata, Scotland must have the highest percentage of bitter, nasally whining, victim driven, parochial arseholes on the planet.

Last edited:
It's no wonder many people just get f.ucked off with Scotland and Scottish football.

Pro-rata, Scotland must have the highest percentage of bitter, nasally whining, victim driven, parochial aresholes on the planet.

Or inthe Universe, the Fat-Japanese liked a universe dig.

Charles Patterson is a prick

Not one bastard in the mhedia asked TTS or Clarke about the sectarian abuse directed to Boyd

Why not?

Go ahead Charles as we know you’ll be reading this when you log onto FF

As Brenda does he condone the sectarian abuse dished out to Boyd?

One brave journo did ask Clarke about Boyd's abuse but he refused to comment on it. Obviously that wasn't stuff from the dark ages.

One brave journo did ask Clarke about Boyd's abuse but he refused to comment on it. Obviously that wasn't stuff from the dark ages.
clarkes answer was the "clubs statement pretty much covers it"
He mentions the coin throwing but not the singing

Patterson is a 1 sided biased dick, nothing more, nothing less.

Said already Clarke has an absolute cheek to call it out when he said he didn't want to talk about the fans of his favoured team, it can't be 1 rule for 1 and another for everyone else, so fuc* off Clarke ya jakey bastard. The fact he never even had the baws to say anything to Stevie G post match tells you all you need to know.

The mhedia in this country get more embarrassing on a daily basis.

A total embarrassment to the profession they supposedly represent.

NS.

Patterson is a 1 sided biased dick, nothing more, nothing less.

Said already Clarke has an absolute cheek to call it out when he said he didn't want to talk about the fans of his favoured team, it can't be 1 rule for 1 and another for everyone else, so fuc* off Clarke ya jakey bastard. The fact he never even had the baws to say anything to Stevie G post match tells you all you need to know.
If Boyd had any self respect he'd be banging Clarke's door down today and asking where was the support for him on Sunday.

Pro-rata, Scotland must have the highest percentage of bitter, nasally whining, victim driven, parochial arseholes on the planet.

I've said it for years, no one does petty jealousy, anger and parochial bitterness quite like the Scots. This idea that the Scots are the friendliest people in the world is total nonsense.

I've said it for years, no one does petty jealousy, anger and parochial bitterness quite like the Scots. This idea that the Scots are the friendliest people in the world is total nonsense.
I hate that bullshit that "the Scots are pure the friendliest" pish. Grates the f.uck out of me. Same with the Oirish.

In saying that, Oirish immigration into Scotland has been the original cause of the problem.

The gaffer is far to clever to falll into that trap and swated those questions away easily and with the contempt it deserved.we have had one rc manager and nobody batted at eye lid in the rangers support and the question was irrelevant.
On a wider note is it little wonder rangers supportes are turning to heart and hand and other rangers sites for their news with agenda driven pish being being served up by the Scottish media

I hate that bullshit that "the Scots are pure the friendliest" pish. Grates the f.uck out of me. Same with the Oirish.

In saying that, Oirish immigration into Scotland has been the original cause of the problem.
You just need to look at Scottish comedy. From Chewin the fat, Still Game, Billy Connolly etc. What always gets the biggest laughs is aggressive behaviour, swearing, acting like weans.

It just mirrors real life.

I knew that there would be a lot made of the chant last night. I knew no one would ask Clark why he was so upset about last night but when asked about the abuse Boyd received he ‘only wanted to talk about football’.

Wee agenda there eh?

Interesting to note the gaffer saying that he spoke to Clarke after the game, they shared a beer and he seemed fine, eh? Yet in his post match press conference he's bubbling about bigotry and thankful for Chelsea taking him away from Scotland. You'd think someone so obviously scarred by the abuse he received wouldn't seem 'fine' immediately after the match.

This is a deflection tactic, plain and simple and one used by O'Wibble many years ago after we beat them 2-0 in an Old Firm game where he took TLB up to the Broomloan in a show of support for the sectarian abuse he'd received.

Yes hypocrisy rules the Scottish press waves and the double standard reigns once more supreme.

However, we can control the narrative in this matter, we have the power to do so, and we do need to clean up our act.
Yes, we know it is as clean if not already cleaner than most other clubs and I recognise that we have made huge progress in this regard and more importantly our actual behaviour is, given the size of our support, often exemplary.
However, we know the songs that do the damage, and we simply have to eradicate them.

I am not taking a moral tone here, I have probably belted out in my time everything in our huge songbook, however, the world moves on and we cannot ignore this.

This isn't a collective responsibility, this is an individual one, this rests with each single Rangers supporter and it is for the individual to take responsibility.
Are you as an individual so selfish that you don't care for the reputation of the club you love, are you so selfish that you don't care for Steven Gerrard our manager or for our players or for your fellow supporters?

If each of us on our own can take this responsibility and address it properly, then the club won't have to answer these questions to these hypocritical scum reporters, and wankers like Jim White won't be given a platform to polish his own personally tarred image at our expense.

We can take control of this issue, it is down to us.

One thing for sure they won’t ever get the better of stevie g......you would think they would get the message by now.....they really are so thick.....

Yes hypocrisy rules the Scottish press waves and the double standard reigns once more supreme.

However, we can control the narrative in this matter, we have the power to do so, and we do need to clean up our act.
Yes, we know it is as clean if not already cleaner than most other clubs and I recognise that we have made huge progress in this regard and more importantly our actual behaviour is, given the size of our support, often exemplary.
However, we know the songs that do the damage, and we simply have to eradicate them.

I am not taking a moral tone here, I have probably belted out in my time everything in our huge songbook, however, the world moves on and we cannot ignore this.

This isn't a collective responsibility, this is an individual one, this rests with each single Rangers supporter and it is for the individual to take responsibility.
Are you as an individual so selfish that you don't care for the reputation of the club you love, are you so selfish that you don't care for Steven Gerrard our manager or for our players or for your fellow supporters?

If each of us on our own can take this responsibility and address it properly, then the club won't have to answer these questions to these hypocritical scum reporters, and wankers like Jim White won't be given a platform to polish his own personally tarred image at our expense.

Mate, Rangers fans get ridiculed for celebrating goals.

We could behave exceptionally and they would still find something to slate us for.

They hate us and we can't do anything right in their eyes.

The gaffer is far to clever to falll into that trap and swated those questions away easily and with the contempt it deserved.we have had one rc manager and nobody batted at eye lid in the rangers support and the question was irrelevant.
On a wider note is it little wonder rangers supportes are turning to heart and hand and other rangers sites for their news with agenda driven pish being being served up by the Scottish media
Have we not had two ,Pedro and Paul LeGuen

Not that it matters one iota , but I think there’s been 3 . Gerrard , Caixinha, and le guen .

The look on Defoe and gerrards faces when Paterson asked that question , talk about cringe .

David Holmes addressed this “issue” back in 1986 in front of assembled media when someone asked Chris woods about religion .” Hes 6 foot 2, England international goalkeeper , that’s what we care about “.

33 years later , still being asked .

Regarding the religious persuasion of our previous managers ...

I couldn't have told you what religion these guys were, or even cared. We have yahoos in the media to thank for their studious background checks into what foot our managers/players kick with. Like they'd want you to turn on them because of it.

So please Scottish media, spare us your mock indignation.

Have we not had two ,Pedro and Paul LeGuen
Who researches the religious background of our managers?
I don't, I am sure you don't.
It isn't an issue for our support, however, clearly, it is an altar of worship for many elements of the press.
Some of them only start to write when they are discussing this subject and it is obvious that many of them have no real enthusiasm for the game itself.

Putting biased highlighting to the side for a minute, the fact is that the chant WAS sung - feeding any agendas beautifully. If you have hateful opinions about different groups in society that’s up to you - but why do you have to tie it in with Rangers? Especially when you know it hurts the club that you love’s reputation and gives those with a very poor opinion of Rangers and it’s fans the evidence they crave?! The second best chants from the stands (the best being ones that are in support of your own team) are clever/humorous ones that wind up the oppostion but aren’t venomous. Venomous chants only reflect badly on the people singing/shouting them.
I agree that it’s galling that our clubs fans misdemeanours seem to be highlighted above everyone else’s when all clubs have fans that shout bile!

Last edited:
Not that it matters one iota , but I think there’s been 3 . Gerrard , Caixinha, and le guen .

The look on Defoe and gerrards faces when Paterson asked that question , talk about cringe .

David Holmes addressed this “issue” back in 1986 in front of assembled media when someone asked Chris woods about religion .” Hes 6 foot 2, England international goalkeeper , that’s what we care about “.

33 years later , still being asked .
I forgot about le guen not sure Gerrard is a rc (not that it matters) he did attend a rc school iirc.
I am old shool and admit to singing back in the day”rangers and Catholics don’t go” but I don’t give it a seconds thought what religion our players or managers are.ffs we welcomed with open arms a Irish rc John daily into the club and the only abuse he suffered was from was abuse from Irish rc Celtic supporters for daring to sign for us

Last edited:
I forgot about le guen not sure Gerrard is a rc (not that it matters) he did attend a rc school iirc.
I am old shool and admit to singing back in the day”rangers and Catholics don’t go” but I don’t give it a seconds thought what religion our players or managers are.ffs we welcomed with open arms a Irish rc John daily into the club and the only he abuse he suffered was from was abuse from Irish rc Celtic supporters for daring to sing for us
There is the debate summed up there from the point of view of our support.
Many of us don't actually know what religion Steven Gerrard is and none of us really care.
Although I am not sure, I believe I read that he was brought up as a Prod but went to a local RC secondary school because it had the best team and football facilities.
The irony is that many Filth supporters thought he was an RC and when he went to Rangers saw it bizarrely as an act of betrayal.

There is the debate summed up there from the point of view of our support.
Many of us don't actually know what religion Steven Gerrard is and none of us really care.
Although I am not sure, I believe I read that he was brought up as a Prod but went to a local RC secondary school because it had the best team and football facilities.
The irony is that many Filth supporters thought he was an RC and when he went to Rangers saw it bizarrely as an act of betrayal.
It’s the greatest irony that the people most upset when a rc signs for rangers are Celtic supporting rc’s.

Il agree with you when the tims are told to do the same. Your missing the point imo. Last week the Tim’s belted abuse at a former Rangers player, but they didn’t sing “you dirty Rangers bassa” they brought his perceived religion into it and attacked a religious organisation, they associate with that religion. Nothing to do with football.
And that was an away support, so these are people who get priority tickets, and constantly behave in the same manner, and yet it was “banter”, but now a tiny minority out of a 37k have “shamed” our club and we are all tarred with the same brush. Not for me. When the playing field is level, then Il blame Rangers fans if they do the same, until then F off.( Scottish opinion, not you Bilkobear.)

Mate, Rangers fans get ridiculed for celebrating goals.

We could behave exceptionally and they would still find something to slate us for.

They hate us and we can't do anything right in their eyes.

That’s true but it’s always easier to defend ourselves from the higher ground. Some criticism can be easily ridiculed, some can’t.

Met Charles Patterson when I worked in the press cafe during The CWG, he's a nice guy who was surprisingly down to earth and very funny (he actually was quite funny, but I just couldn't miss a chance to say that joke). Never seemed to have any agendas and you'll find with these guys, the ones with the agendas will remain hidden and brief these guys with leading questions.

Il agree with you when the tims are told to do the same. Your missing the point imo. Last week the Tim’s belted abuse at a former Rangers player, but they didn’t sing “you dirty Rangers bassa” they brought his perceived religion into it and attacked a religious organisation, they associate with that religion. Nothing to do with football.
And that was an away support, so these are people who get priority tickets, and constantly behave in the same manner, and yet it was “banter”, but now a tiny minority out of a 37k have “shamed” our club and we are all tarred with the same brush. Not for me. When the playing field is level, then Il blame Rangers fans if they do the same, until then F off.( Scottish opinion, not you Bilkobear.)
I agree that the reporting of this is as hypocritical as you can get.
However, I am missing no point.
I am only interested in Rangers and what we can do to make ourselves better.
If The FIlth continue to wallow in their sectarian glore then I don't care.
If they belt out IRA ditties by the score, I don't care.
I just care about Rangers and I hate that we too often allow our enemies an easy crack at our club and its reputation.

This isn't a matter for us collectively, this is a matter for each one of us individually.
Do you as an individual love the club enough to cut this stuff out?
That is something every one of us needs to answer.

I agree that the reporting of this is as hypocritical as you can get.
However, I am missing no point.
I am only interested in Rangers and what we can do to make ourselves better.
If The FIlth continue to wallow in their sectarian glore then I don't care.
If they belt out IRA ditties by the score, I don't care.
I just care about Rangers and I hate that we too often allow our enemies an easy crack at our club and its reputation.

This isn't a matter for us collectively, this is a matter for each one of us individually.
Do you as an individual love the club enough to cut this stuff out?
That is something every one of us needs to answer.
I do get that, but my point is, either we are both ignored as “banter” or both vilified to the same degree.
If mr Clarke was to have withdrawn his team last Sunday after watching his most senior player abused, then I would agree that mr Clarke is against sectarian singing at football games, but he is only against one side singing whatever they want but not the other. We should be fighting the media and SFA allowing this to go unchallenged.
So how can you say to any individual who wants to sing those words, that they shouldn’t,when he hears songs sang against his hero/club with no repercussions or media frenzy, and persuade them that it’s wrong?
Until both sides are equally vilified and punished in equal measure, I’m not sure you can.

Terrific post, BB.
Just think for a moment guys, even if your mate starts it, don't follow.
It's just leading with your chin.

Back