Todd Boehly wants the EPL to have a North v South all star game

I would rather trust this Todd to look after my cake, than that Todd to look after the running of football in Britain.

images

The NBA All star game is a glorified training game where nobody really tries, it would be the exact same thing in the EPL.

Tuchel is better off away from there. He was being pestered by Boehly so often he started sending his agent to meetings.

This is Americanised nonsense. The EPL is becoming more and more like an Amazon Prime panto series as it is. There will be mixed supports and live lions in the TV studios before we know it. Give me Scottish football every day of the week.
If the lions are fed some of the "analysts" then bring it on!

Only American sport I watch is NBA, but the players there don’t take the all star game seriously at all. On paper it sounds great, having the best players in the league go head to head, in reality it’s them jogging round a court desperately trying to avoid injury before going back to their teams. It mainly serves as an honorific for players, ie when they retire people will describe them as ‘7x all star’ or whatever.

When you consider players are already (rightly) complaining about the fixture schedule, I can’t see them jumping on board with this. I personally think it would be worth the seethe though to see some managers reaction when their star player comes back with a torn hamstring :D
I watch the NBA regularly as well and don’t bother with the All Star game. Don’t even think the Americans do.

Great idea Todd, hope Scotland follows up on this man's vision for our game he clearly understands better than us Brits.

Can you imagine how daft we'd all go for a post-season Glasgow XI vs an Edinburgh Select? Borna Barisic and Callum McGregor teaming up to take on Ryan Porteous and Andy Halliday.

Naw?

In his defense, at least he was honest about it being all about making money.
Currently football is slowly picking your pocket and selling it as competition.

If anything it really takes away a big selling point of the PL which is the traditional rivalries, ManU v City, Arsenal V Spurs etc

Plus we already have internationals which allows us to watch players we don’t play with each other in club football play together. NBA/NFL etc don’t have internationals as far as I’m aware so it only really works there.

The way American sports is run is majorly different to the rest of world and it’s probably for the best they don’t try bring their ideas over here.No risk/reward with relegations.Ads every 2 seconds, breaks every 10-15minutes. It’s a casual scene.It’s Probably more tense going out for dinner with your mrs

Thought Klopp was brilliant
So Liverpool, Everton and Manchester all in one side? Wow interesting
So North West against North East, no North v South
Oh so we get Newcastle as well
And then South is all London, so Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea!
He looks awkward then just laughs

He did say find a date and we can talk about it.
His parting shot was to say. Did he really ask this?

Contrived events don’t work. I remember a game at Wembleyin 1973 to celebrate the UK, Ireland and Denmark joining the European Common Market. A select from these countries played a select from the existing members -West Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg. Lots of publicity. Nobody was interested.

Nope from me. Someone smashes your player in a tackle, gets them injured. Who pays his wages? I the club owner will not be for playing in a exhibition match.

Plus, I won’t take a lecture from an American who don’t have promotion and relegation in their leagues. We don’t want any Cleavland Browns or Washington Football Team.

The weird thing is that most of the US sports allstar games are dying a death and struggling to be relevant. Except the NFL one which isnt even trying to be relevant.

Back