Tom Beahon: Castore Update

What would you have asked him if you had the change.

Within reason and without the Glasgow hardman know it all edges. :)

I would honestly love to know his opinion on the somewhat dramatic side of the Rangers support. Every Facebook thread, Instagram post is full of the Glasgow hardman know it all's as you mention.

I'd imagine even they have been taken aback by that element of our support.

Yet Bizarely we've shifted 80,000 unit of home and away tops in 2 days of online sales. Bland ? It's a blue or white Rangers top. What do you want wee Rainbows on them
Okay “Arkanoid” so explain why I ordered a home strip for my ten year old nephew on the first day of pre-order. Got an acknowledgement email when the order was made a month ago and since then no communication. Was clearly stated this would be received on the 1st August, a day late that’s fine, two days no real issue. Now five days on and it hasn’t even been dispatched and have heard nothing from them.
If you think taking orders constitutes “service” then that is up to you, I would expect more to be honest. Let’s add on top of that the stupidity of the branded packaging (which in Glasgow is an idiotic move) which has led to over 2000 of those lucky enough to have received theirs getting damaged goods.
You are right though the service has been different class.
It not seems that “Castore” have joined the list of topics on here that people are not allowed to speak the truth about or saying anything in the slightest bit negative about.

Okay “Arkanoid” so explain why I ordered a home strip for my ten year old nephew on the first day of pre-order. Got an acknowledgement email when the order was made a month ago and since then no communication. Was clearly stated this would be received on the 1st August, a day late that’s fine, two days no real issue. Now five days on and it hasn’t even been dispatched and have heard nothing from them.
If you think taking orders constitutes “service” then that is up to you, I would expect more to be honest. Let’s add on top of that the stupidity of the branded packaging (which in Glasgow is an idiotic move) which has led to over 2000 of those lucky enough to have received theirs getting damaged goods.
It not seems that “Castore” have joined the list of topics on here that people are not allowed to speak the truth about or saying anything in the slightest bit negative about.

That's a lie isn't it.

Moving forward what will Castore as a company take from this initial experience?

Will Hermes be reviewed as a courier of choice, or even could there be an option to pay extra not to use them?

Could communication be better both in regard to email queries and also the initial confusion on when tops would arrive? (As in not open to interpretation)

Explain the use of your word bland, which is all I've questioned and I might read past the 1st line of your rant

Moving forward what will Castore as a company take from this initial experience?

Will Hermes be reviewed as a courier of choice, or even could there be an option to pay extra not to use them?

Could communication be better both in regard to email queries and also the initial confusion on when tops would arrive? (As in not open to interpretation)
There is zero communication with them.

The only possible outcome is improvement

I have had email from castore apologising for delay. They have included 25 quid credit for in-store or online purchases. Postage refunded also. Must be sending everybody same email.

Did you chase them up to get that email mate? So far ive only had the initial confirmation email then one from Hermes this morning to say it would be here tomorrow. I ordered on first day.

Explain the use of your word bland, which is all I've questioned and I might read past the 1st line of your rant
The home strip is extremely similar to last years, I understand it’s a standard royal blue kit therefore the only variables are really the collar and the cuffs. Both of which are near identical to last seasons Hummel. When you are buying every season for kids you at least want to be buying something a bit different. The away is just a plain white strip, I do not understand the levels of excitement. I was just expecting a bit more.

Not particularly pleased at this stage. Ordered my wee lads full kit on the launch day a month or so ago and had nothing since. Not even a generic email to apologise for the fact I could have bought it four days ago in sports direct

The rubber ducks are coming!:)):)):))

EDIT: For those who haven't listened. or are unable to, the interview was conducted on Monday 3 Aug so no real in depth coverage of delivery issues other than to confirm folk could expect to start receiving them that day. They've had to charter aircraft to get stock flown into the UK and they've been working flat-out overtime.

Last edited:
Got my pre order on Monday, but it does sound poor that there are plenty of guys still waiting for theirs.

Some of these are stuck in the Hermes delivery chain which can't be blamed on Castore (they could use a different courier but all couriers have their own problems).

But some of them don't seem to have been dispatched yet, which is difficult to understand. Surely on the 1st August there should have been 50,000 shirts, packaged and addressed and sitting in a pile, ready to go out the door of the warehouse?

Please don’t, it would appear “Castore” can do no wrong on here, so please refrain from any questions that would in any way question the levels of service they offer.
Your unhappy with the service ok that’s understandable if you’ve forked out good money not recieved it yet and have a moaning kid looking for it.But to go on and say they are bland cause your nose is out of joint.Pretty pathetic mate.

Please don’t, it would appear “Castore” can do no wrong on here, so please refrain from any questions that would in any way question the levels of service they offer.
Why are you putting their name in quotation marks? There’s also a very big kits thread where plenty of people have criticised the decision to go with Hermes so it’s certainly not a case of they can do no wrong. Your comment that the kits are bland is just complete and utter pish.

Your unhappy with the service ok that’s understandable if you’ve forked out good money not recieved it yet and have a moaning kid looking for it.But to go on and say they are bland cause your nose is out of joint.Pretty pathetic mate.

It’s personal opinion everyone’s tastes are different mate, i was just expecting more

The thing I don't get is. We all knew the demand and that Castore were an inexperienced brand and may not be ready for it.

However, they have been very open with the Rangers support and seem on board with us 100%, I've never known a company's CEO to do as many interviews as them and they seem right proper guys. Surely grown men can give them a bit of leeway and not lose their minds having to wait an extra few days for a strip. The reaction you see is an utter embarrassment because man-childs have to wait a few days due to some small teething problems.

The home strip is extremely similar to last years, I understand it’s a standard royal blue kit therefore the only variables are really the collar and the cuffs. Both of which are near identical to last seasons Hummel. When you are buying every season for kids you at least want to be buying something a bit different. The away is just a plain white strip, I do not understand the levels of excitement. I was just expecting a bit more.

Thank god you're vastly in the minority here. The miserable minority.

I expected teethering problems with Castore.

If those same problems are still here next year there that is when you have to ask questions imo. If Ashley and SD are finally gone as being stated by numerous people there should be no problem with quality control checks and getting merchandise sent out then.

Last edited:
It’s personal opinion everyone’s tastes are different mate, i was just expecting more
Ok mate.I hear what your saying.Hope it’s sorted for you and the wee fella gets his strip sooner rather than later.I personally think they look great.Quality is 2nd to none.But fair enough.

Think you need to consider that your anger may be distorting your perception of reality.

Got my pre order on Monday, but it does sound poor that there are plenty of guys still waiting for theirs.

Some of these are stuck in the Hermes delivery chain which can't be blamed on Castore (they could use a different courier but all couriers have their own problems).

But some of them don't seem to have been dispatched yet, which is difficult to understand. Surely on the 1st August there should have been 50,000 shirts, packaged and addressed and sitting in a pile, ready to go out the door of the warehouse?
Or in the least have open lines of communication rather than avoid the issue. I see they have turned off the ability to comment on their recent Instagram posts so they just appear to be burying their heads in the sand

When arranging to take preorders, especially right now with people unwilling to go to shops, why has it taken so long for people to get their kits? Should they not have had the kits all out for delivery sooner, maybe using multiple companies to guarantee as many as possible arrived on the 1st August? Theres an expectation with Rangers fans that they get their kit on day of release and this hasnt been delivered. How do they propose to avoid this in future?

It wasn't 'clearly stated' they would be received on 1 Aug mate. That's how you've interpreted it. What was actually said was 'out for delivery on 1 Aug'. In retailer terms, as soon as it leaves their warehouse it is 'out for delivery' and in the hands of the courier/Royal Mail. That's not to say, in any way, that its reasonable that you haven't yet received your order. Its not. Especially if it was intended as a birthday present or the like. If it was for you to sit in front of the tv is it really such a big deal? Its particularly poor that you've heard nothing to indicate your order is even ready for despatch. I'm sure you will have checked your Junk folder.

We know there have been issues with Hermes, in particular. Some folk have had the 'your package has been delayed' message on their tracking. I'm wondering if Hermes are auditing what they have to check for damage before shifting the stuff on. Some clarity on that would be welcome - as would seeing the story of that break in the media to put the pressure on them.

However, your opening gambit was 'bland kit' All a matter of opinion but you appear to be in a very small minority there.

I hope you get your order - or at the very least an update on it - very soon.

Last edited:
He seemed very excited about the 3rd strip! Its going to be a fan favourite. Got to be a cracking orange top! cant wait for that.

Absolute shambles to date.
Bland kits coupled with shocking levels of service.
XoAPcra.gif

Back