Tom Beahon: Castore Update

Okay “Arkanoid” so explain why I ordered a home strip for my ten year old nephew on the first day of pre-order. Got an acknowledgement email when the order was made a month ago and since then no communication. Was clearly stated this would be received on the 1st August, a day late that’s fine, two days no real issue. Now five days on and it hasn’t even been dispatched and have heard nothing from them.
If you think taking orders constitutes “service” then that is up to you, I would expect more to be honest. Let’s add on top of that the stupidity of the branded packaging (which in Glasgow is an idiotic move) which has led to over 2000 of those lucky enough to have received theirs getting damaged goods.
You are right though the service has been different class.
It not seems that “Castore” have joined the list of topics on here that people are not allowed to speak the truth about or saying anything in the slightest bit negative about.
Why are you using quotation marks?

Absolute joke so far

One of the first order numbers for new shirt. Still not arrived. Quick to take the money, but not supply the product. Emails, no reply constantly. Will be asking for a refund if ever they finally reply.
I don't have my kit yet either. However, the issue is with Hermes constantly shifting the goal posts on when they are going to deliver it. How many times have you emailed? Do you think you're the only person who has emailed them, or do you think perhaps they are incredibly busy atm and will reply when they can? There was always going to be teething problems due to the size of our support and them being a relatively small/inexperienced supplier, but we should cut them some slack.

Edit: just as I've sent this I've got an email saying it'll be here today lol

I’d like to know more about the deal and how much Rangers make over and above the initial £3m and what the thresholds are for Rangers to make money.
He’s already done an interview with Heart & Hand on this subject. He’s estimated we will earn £6m-8m a season from the deal. We receive a £3m advance at the start of every season and a cut of the royalties once Castore make that initial payment back.

Please don’t, it would appear “Castore” can do no wrong on here, so please refrain from any questions that would in any way question the levels of service they offer.

Well considering they actually pay us favourably financially, I'll cut them some slack.

We've had years of being shafted and receiving pennies for our merchandise, we're now in a position where that isn't the case.

Not impressed with service, a big let down.

kits ordered (order number around 13k mark) and had nothing to date to say they are dispatched.

emailed Monday and still no response.

There are people ordering now and having theirs dispatched before the likes of myself who are still waiting

The home strip is extremely similar to last years, I understand it’s a standard royal blue kit therefore the only variables are really the collar and the cuffs. Both of which are near identical to last seasons Hummel. When you are buying every season for kids you at least want to be buying something a bit different. The away is just a plain white strip, I do not understand the levels of excitement. I was just expecting a bit more.
No bad thing. I thought last year’s Hummels home top was excellent (much better than their first attempt which seemed rushed in the circumstances). In many ways I preferred the look of the hummel one to this years home top. I can’t comment on the quality of the Castore ones. I really like the Castore away but as with all of this it’s subjective. I am sure despite the teething problems Castore will learn and improve. I do agree they need to acknowledge the issues to customers and seek to address them. As a regular online shopper the £25 (if it happens) is in my opinion much more than most other suppliers/retailers would do!

Or in the least have open lines of communication rather than avoid the issue. I see they have turned off the ability to comment on their recent Instagram posts so they just appear to be burying their heads in the sand

I doubt they are ignoring it. More than likely surprised by the toxic element of online responses.

I think some need a little perspective in their lives.

Last edited:
I understand this is their first real attempt at mass production and there was always going to be some teething issues. I'm doing my best not to complain, but I've had 2 tops pre ordered since day 1,still sitting in the hermes sorting hub and I've my wee boys kit ordered in Saturday and I've not had any email to say the order is even being prepared at present

If I didn't know better, there would be nothing stopping me popping in to sports direct and walking out with a top

It's a poor start for them as suppliers, hopefully going forward they realise the massive demand a merchandise starved support generate.

Wonder if the product he said launching tomorrow in the shop is the orange training gear the players wore in France?

The interview was recorded on Monday for those unable to access it.

I was willing to give them some leeway to be honest, they are fairly new to this.

I certainly wasn't going to be triggered by a top arriving a few days late. Mine got here yesterday and I am happy with it.

I will buy the away and probably the 3rd. The kits are genuinely the best in years, the first time I've liked all three (I know we are yet to see the 3rd but I have seen the leak).

What would you have asked him if you had the change.

Within reason and without the Glasgow hardman know it all edges. :)
Why when i preordered 3 tops on the first day don't I have a dispatch email and no strips 4 days after the advertised delivery date?
And why do Castore not answer queries through email on this?

Okay “Arkanoid” so explain why I ordered a home strip for my ten year old nephew on the first day of pre-order. Got an acknowledgement email when the order was made a month ago and since then no communication. Was clearly stated this would be received on the 1st August, a day late that’s fine, two days no real issue. Now five days on and it hasn’t even been dispatched and have heard nothing from them.
If you think taking orders constitutes “service” then that is up to you, I would expect more to be honest. Let’s add on top of that the stupidity of the branded packaging (which in Glasgow is an idiotic move) which has led to over 2000 of those lucky enough to have received theirs getting damaged goods.
It not seems that “Castore” have joined the list of topics on here that people are not allowed to speak the truth about or saying anything in the slightest bit negative about.

Do you do the “air quotes” as you type these responses or just expect those who read them to do it? There’s no need for them . . .

I appreciate the sentiment of the post but there are going to be learnings with a new supplier. Give them a chance to sort it out. I get the frustration on the service for some but for most it seems people really do like the kit. Personal preference but they are far from bland from my perspective.

I have had email from castore apologising for delay. They have included 25 quid credit for in-store or online purchases. Postage refunded also. Must be sending everybody same email.
That’s what you call good customer service well done Castore

Not impressed with the service so far but hopefully it's just teething problems.

The quality and variation of tops are the best we have had in a long time imo.

They just need to get over this first hurdle and let it calm down abit.

A premium price? The exact same price as last year.

Can folk not remember the shambles with Hummel with folk not getting there kits for weeks/months on end?

Yer kit being 2 days late is not a disaster.

You can get a cheap top out of Primark for less than a tenner.

Its a premium price.

Calm down mate. We have for the first time in years, a good retail deal. A deal that helps us make signings such as the two we did yesterday. They are learning and they will adapt.

Think I’ll be applying chargeback on my credit card unless if comes by Friday.

That’s what you call good customer service well done Castore
It is. Hopefully they start engaging with folk. Imagine having your kid sitting without his new kit and his pals having theirs. Would have been better going to the club shop if we’d have known of these issues.

Just been sent an email from Castore apologising for my order not arriving. They’ve had major issues with merchandise being damaged at courier level. They’ve offered me a £25 evoucher to use in store or online. Also been offered a full refund

I really hope Castore are putting this damage to the police and seeking compensation from their couriers. Rhat b@stards.

Last edited:
2000 kits were sabotaged by deranged tims working for Hermes and had to be sent back. Hardly Castores fault really but we need better communication for the unlucky punters that had their kids deliberately damaged.

I’m more concerned that the home kit launched on Monday and is still not available to buy (apart from in Sports Direct). It still just showing as sold out on the website and it reminds of trying to get a kit with Hummel.

When I was young and a kit launched it was relatively easy to get my hands on one. I was never worried about them selling out and being unavailable for weeks.

That being said it’s the start of a new era and Covid might have impacted things things so let’s see if things settle down.

I understand this is their first real attempt at mass production and there was always going to be some teething issues. I'm doing my best not to complain, but I've had 2 tops pre ordered since day 1,still sitting in the hermes sorting hub and I've my wee boys kit ordered in Saturday and I've not had any email to say the order is even being prepared at present

If I didn't know better, there would be nothing stopping me popping in to sports direct and walking out with a top

It's a poor start for them as suppliers, hopefully going forward they realise the massive demand a merchandise starved support generate.
Turns out your best isn't that great.
It's clearly been a steep learning curve for them, which was obviously going to be the case.
They need to look into their shipping arrangements, through no fault of their own.
All we can hope is that in the years to come, things will better. In your case the fault seems to be with Hermes and not Castore (which is no surprise at all).

A few teething issues and lessons to be learned but the product is excellent. Once we get the store open and the full range of products available it will create millions in new revenue for the club.

I still think it is a great deal

Back