Tom Cowan - a blast from the past at Ibrox who went on to become a Huddersfield legend

Did he come through our youth ranks or did we sign him? Him and Chris Vinniecombe bloody hell im getting on

Remember joke broon said that Walter having assessed the pattern of play that he need to change tactics.

Nothing at all to do with the broken bone!
See, that would have been OK had the camera not been focused on Cowan on the stretcher at the time!

Did he come through our youth ranks or did we sign him? Him and Chris Vinniecombe bloody hell im getting on
Signed him from Clyde. I'm sure it was a ÂŁ100,000, a big fee to buy from a lower Division Scottish club at the time.

Think he actually spent 4 seasons with us. His last game was the Aberdeen title decider - we signed David Robertson after that.

Tom became a firefighter after retiring as a player.

Tommy was actually a Holytown boy and was part of the Holytown colts team who beat Celtic Boys club in the final of the Scottish Cup 40 years ago. All the lads in that team were pupils at Holytown's two primary schools. A remarkable achievement at the time.

He didn't work in Motherwell Bridge he was actually an apprentice with British steel at the Clydesdale tube works at Mossend.

Ask him about that Holytown colts team. That will really be a blast from the past.

Tommy was actually a Holytown boy and was part of the Holytown colts team who beat Celtic Boys club in the final of the Scottish Cup 40 years ago. All the lads in that team were pupils at Holytown's two primary schools. A remarkable achievement at the time.

He didn't work in Motherwell Bridge he was actually an apprentice with British steel at the Clydesdale tube works at Mossend.

Ask him about that Holytown colts team. That will really be a blast from the past.
He was an apprentice alongside my step dad at the tube works. The only tenuous link I ever had to a current rangers player at the time:))

He autographed the cover of one of my Rangers VHS. Probably the 1990-91 season. Met him in Woolworths in EK.
Always wondered what happened to him,

Back