Tom Culshaw

Sticky Fingers

Was watching the Goldson interview there and the bold Tom Culshaw walks past and slates the big man by telling him he’s not worked hard, in jest of course!

I know a lot of folk go on about Michael Beale and his coaching abilities as well as his tactical awareness, but I guess my question is: Is Tom Culshaw an overlooked part of the back room staff?

He puts me in mind of an Archie Knox (albeit a lot softer) or perhaps of Ally McCoist as coach and assistant whereby he seems to be the glue that keeps the staff together, the fun guy who’s always laughing and joking around but probably works as hard as anyone at the club.

How highly do we rate this man and how integral is he to the happiness of the players?

Don’t think he’s soft either.
I don’t think he would be, in comparison to Archie Knox he’s a pussy cat right enough :)) :)) :))

He always seems to be the life and soul, laughing and joking around in the training ground phots and videos but you also hear him shouting the loudest when it’s crunch time.
He’s definitely a great guy to have around and I guess that’s my point, he’s just as crucial to have around as Beale or Milsom in terms of his personality and the way he is around the players. That’s as important a part to play as the serious stuff, in my opinion of course.

Was watching the Goldson interview there and the bold Tom Culshaw walks past and slates the big man by telling him he’s not worked hard, in jest of course!

I know a lot of folk go on about Michael Beale and his coaching abilities as well as his tactical awareness, but I guess my question is: Is Tom Culshaw an overlooked part of the back room staff?

He puts me in mind of an Archie Knox (albeit a lot softer) or perhaps of Ally McCoist as coach and assistant whereby he seems to be the glue that keeps the staff together, the fun guy who’s always laughing and joking around but probably works as hard as anyone at the club.

How highly do we rate this man and how integral is he to the happiness of the players?
If you read Steven Gerrard "My Story" you might find it is the Liverpool way. Always looking to improve.

You cannot speak about Steven Gerrard without also mentioning the coaching staff.
Everything about Steven Gerrard evinces teamwork, the ethos of the team, this is the spirit Gerrard inspires as a leader of men.
The outcome of this vital cooperation behind the scenes is a coaching staff all buying into the professional unselfish approach of men working together, which is then smoothly transferred into the product on the park where we witness a squad of players who reflect totally the leadership and guidance of those mentoring them on the training ground.
Steven Gerrard surrounds himself with quality professionals and this is why he is a great leader.

You cannot speak about Steven Gerrard without also mentioning the coaching staff.
Everything about Steven Gerrard evinces teamwork, the ethos of the team, this is the spirit Gerrard inspires as a leader of men.
The outcome of this vital cooperation behind the scenes is a coaching staff all buying into the professional unselfish approach of men working together, which is then smoothly transferred into the product on the park where we witness a squad of players who reflect totally the leadership and guidance of those mentoring them on the training ground.
Steven Gerrard surrounds himself with quality professionals and this is why he is a great leader.
Totally agree - I think this is Gerrard’s greatest strength - to surround himself with the best people to achieve the team goals.

Back