Tom English comments

The Gooner

According to Tom English on the Sportsound podcast Celtic’s performances do not excuse the vile abuse that Neil Lennon has received online from his own support. We were all told about “Lenny’s” mental health issues in the past and that the sectarian abuse he receives would drive him out of Scottish football. Apparently his mental health has improved because it’s not mentioned now that the abuse is from his own “support”.

Don’t get me wrong I’m pleased that any person suffering mental health issues is showing improvement.

It’s a strange old world right enough.

English is just laying the groundwork for TLB being 'forced out of Scottish football'. They're engineering this so they can say he walked and they are again the victims of anti-catholic Scotland.
He's a moron so it won't take much manipulation.

I was waiting for the "mental health", or "secterianism", shield being wheeled out.

Apologies, as a mental health illness sufferer it is unacceptable for the same scumbags to continually hide behind the same shields over and over, it does nothing to help shed light and support on the illness, infact it has a detrimental effect on it.

You can most definitely see the hand of Lawwell here - by that, we have had Commons and Charlie Ridiculous in the media recently setting the 'Lennon out' mantra. I'd suggest that English here is playing his part too. Another bad result on Thursday for them might be the final straw and see the Lurgan bigot binned.

Lemmon has led a charmed life as both a player and Manager in Scotland. Flicking the V-sign to opposing fans, feigning injury to get another professional red carded, spitting on a Rangers scarf, shouting sectarian Orange bassas language to the Rangers bench. He is not a victim, far from it.

I must be reading this wrong. It looks to me like English is saying that mental health is a stick to beat one side of the fence with but not the other. The same folk criticising big bad Rangers fans in the name of mental health concerns are the ones who are now abusing him. English is calling out the hypocrisy.

According to Tom English on the Sportsound podcast Celtic’s performances do not excuse the vile abuse that Neil Lennon has received online from his own support. We were all told about “Lenny’s” mental health issues in the past and that the sectarian abuse he receives would drive him out of Scottish football. Apparently his mental health has improved because it’s not mentioned now that the abuse is from his own “support”.

Don’t get me wrong I’m pleased that any person suffering mental health issues is showing improvement.

%^*& Neil Lennon, %^*& everything about him. Him and his ilk wanted to see our people ran out of our country. %^*& the mentally challenged reprobate.

Looking for the sympathy vote from the board?

He'll get feck all sympathy from me. Any problems he has have been entirely self induced.
Remember his past conduct at Ibrox.
Remember him going down holding his face in embra after a coin hit hit him in the midriff.
He is a despicable little lady's front bottom, and no denying.
I wish him only the worst as that's what he fully deserves.

Hope the vile scumbag gets it 10 fold.

Reactions: o7o
Seems to be a two way street. He gives it and gets it back. Sure signs of a team under pressure. We've got to keep our good run up, no getting over confident and no losing our nerve. That will increase the pressure further.

Lennon is doing a fantastic job at the moment and I hope they offer him an extension.

What happened to the "we are all Neil Lennon" they had a while back.

Sick to my back teeth of saying it - Lennon is a victim....of being Neil Lennon. The fact that he is a horrible individual, I have first hand experience, is nothing whatsoever to do with his background. I also happen to believe he is not very good at his job - but you could debate that.

agree in regards the 1st part and the last part of his coaching ability ? i think the players he got a response from in his early years are no longer around and as Craig Levein said there has been a generational shift and modern players just don't react to old school type coaching/rants at players to get a response

English was right hard on him last night.

leevin on the other handgave the impression he thought it could be saved...

Back