Tom English comments

According to Tom English on the Sportsound podcast Celtic’s performances do not excuse the vile abuse that Neil Lennon has received online from his own support. We were all told about “Lenny’s” mental health issues in the past and that the sectarian abuse he receives would drive him out of Scottish football. Apparently his mental health has improved because it’s not mentioned now that the abuse is from his own “support”.

Don’t get me wrong I’m pleased that any person suffering mental health issues is showing improvement.

It’s a strange old world right enough.

The sectarian bigotry he received from us? "Arrest them! Destroy them!! Vile scum!"
The abuse and personal attacks he received from them?" Let it go, he's fine now...just one of those things, he's stronger than he seems. "

Mental health is a serious issue but it shouldn't be something of an excuse to hide behind.

Celtic are well aware of Lennons issues as are the media.

If they thought it an issue why take him back on after they parted the last time?

Lennon must stay.

Ps abuse from is own = nothing to see here?

doublicat-2020-11-08-12-42-13.gif

Not that I’ve accumulated many staunch points , but in slight support of Lennon .

We’re improving year on year under Steven Gerrard ,no doubt about it , in many ways he’s funded his own budget with his European exploits , certainly signing Ryan Kent , after we beat legia Warsaw , he’s put in building blocks , certain players didn’t hit the ground running, like Barasic , even Kent & Aribo, looked rejuvenated this season , even probably bringing in a non match fit Steven Davis , when Jack , McCrorie , Arfield had just dominated septic . Stevie Gee knew what had to be done & knew it would need time , my goodness it’s starting to looking like a plan that’s coming together , meanwhile ,

As much as we’ve improved , they’re regression , started imo, with Lennon refusing to sell John McGinn on the cheap , this was a watershed moment for Rodgers , in some ways the beginning of the end , certainly of their slick team that looked the part.

Another stick for them to beat him with ?

English is just laying the groundwork for TLB being 'forced out of Scottish football'. They're engineering this so they can say he walked and they are again the victims of anti-catholic Scotland.
He's a moron so it won't take much manipulation.
You’re probably right, but how can they twist it around from the Celtic support to big bad Prods?

When he gets sacked, watch his mental health issues disappear and he takes a job as a pundit

Lemmon has led a charmed life as both a player and Manager in Scotland. Flicking the V-sign to opposing fans, feigning injury to get another professional red carded, spitting on a Rangers scarf, shouting sectarian Orange bassas language to the Rangers bench. He is not a victim, far from it.
All that disnae count...

I was waiting for the "mental health", or "secterianism", shield being wheeled out.

Apologies, as a mental health illness sufferer it is unacceptable for the same scumbags to continually hide behind the same shields over and over, it does nothing to help shed light and support on the illness, infact it has a detrimental effect on it.
Nothing wrong with his health when they are winning nor a mention of Sectarianism, Strange.

I think English is just having a dig at tlb. When he is picked on by others he is mentally unstable, but he's not when his own fans abuse him.

I must be reading this wrong. It looks to me like English is saying that mental health is a stick to beat one side of the fence with but not the other. The same folk criticising big bad Rangers fans in the name of mental health concerns are the ones who are now abusing him. English is calling out the hypocrisy.
I’ve defended English before and I honestly don’t think that he is straight out laying the path for a Lennon exit excuse (though it will inevitably tie in)

Tom English has been abused by the mentally challengeds endlessly whenever he says something that doesn’t tie in with the ‘celtic-minded’ narrative.

Sick to my back teeth of saying it - Lennon is a victim....of being Neil Lennon. The fact that he is a horrible individual, I have first hand experience, is nothing whatsoever to do with his background. I also happen to believe he is not very good at his job - but you could debate that.
I’m a believer in you reap what you sow and with TLB that’s almost 100% the case.

I’ve defended English before and I honestly don’t think that he is straight out laying the path for a Lennon exit excuse (though it will inevitably tie in)

Tom English has been abused by the mentally challengeds endlessly whenever he says something that doesn’t tie in with the ‘celtic-minded’ narrative.

He’s actually one of the only journalists up here who found their baws during the summer covid clusterfuck

Lemmon has led a charmed life as both a player and Manager in Scotland. Flicking the V-sign to opposing fans, feigning injury to get another professional red carded, spitting on a Rangers scarf, shouting sectarian Orange bassas language to the Rangers bench. He is not a victim, far from it.

...and to fans in the East Enclosure, as I witnessed personally that day.

English is just laying the groundwork for TLB being 'forced out of Scottish football'. They're engineering this so they can say he walked and they are again the victims of anti-catholic Scotland.
He's a moron so it won't take much manipulation.
I think the concensus among non Catholics is we are extremely happy to have him here. They will struggle to sell the anti kafflic rhetoric

They have a different mind-set. They jeered Dalglish and Larsson who saved their bacon for years, when they came back with another team. Now they are turning on "Lenny" to quote that genius, Tommy Sheridan.

You’re probably right, but how can they twist it around from the Celtic support to big bad Prods?
Started last night, Every time english started on the tims he felt the need to bring Rangers into it. At that point i switched off. They cant say anything without the Rangers brought into it. We need to keep our own house in order. %^*& the rest. Didnt want us in 2012 so %^*& them all

He'll get feck all sympathy from me. Any problems he has have been entirely self induced.
Remember his past conduct at Ibrox.
Remember him going down holding his face in embra after a coin hit hit him in the midriff.
He is a despicable little lady's front bottom, and no denying.
I wish him only the worst as that's what he fully deserves.
Word for word

Nasty piece of work

Listened to the podcast, very good piece in there describing our accounts.
The H&H podcast was good as well with Andy McGowan explaining it all but the BBC obviously has a larger net of listeners and was good to hear.
The SFA guy was on, Maxwell, and English was grilling him big time. He really has no time for the SFA or SPFL. Thought English was superb during whole vote debacle, unfortunately the BBC wouldn’t let him anywhere near the interviews with Doncaster.
Knows feck all about the actual game of football however. Apparently a rugby fan.

I don't remember him speaking out about the effigies hanging from the piggery rafters.

He can't have it both ways, fkpig.

Steve Clarke didnt speak out about the sectarian abuse hurled at his own player Kris Boyd just a few weeks before he claimed Scotland was living in the dark ages. His awakening came when some of our fans sang a similar song, though you could argue that our song was political rather than sectarian.

Andy Walker thought that Boyd enjoyed the abuse he got but was quick to appear on Sky tv with Jim White to attack our fans for the "vile abuse" aimed at Clarke.

Once again I'll say it. We need to employ a researcher to gather evidence of the bias, double standards and lies.

Professor Tom Devine has explained that sectarianism in Scotland is anti Catholic. He's a professor so he knows what he's talking about. He's a Roman Catholic of Irish descent so we can trust him to be impartial.
I actually thought he said that what was remarkable about the Irish immigration in the 19th century was how well Scottish society accepted and integrate them as compared with similar situations in other countries. Surely the influence this demographic ( 20% of the population ?) exerts in Scotland could only be described as disproportionate.

I actually thought he said that what was remarkable about the Irish immigration in the 19th century was how well Scottish society accepted and integrate them as compared with similar situations in other countries. Surely the influence this demographic ( 20% of the population ?) exerts in Scotland could only be described as disproportionate.

He appeared on the news shortly after TLB received a "viable device" consisting of a shoebox and some wires. You can google it. He said that sectarianism in Scotland was anti catholic. No ifs and no buts just plain old anti catholic.

Credit where it's due, although English has been a scumbag to us many a time he hasn't shied away from being honest about them. I remember on a few occasions. Even at the start of Rodgers last season and a few times since then I've heard him on the radio saying they were in a dangerous spot because of the terrible recruitment and rhyming off a list of the dross they keep buying.

Back