Tom English has a pop at Jack for breaking down at the final whistle

Was in the forces, ambulance service and Im a fire fighter now.. playing a game of football isnt pressure buddy. Ive never seen anyone male or female break down after fighting to save someones life for an hour just to fail in the end and loss them. And its not because they dont give a fk. Im sorry if my opinion offends you but thats all it is.
A fire fighter now?
Tell me exactly how your colleagues in London reacted at Grenfell?

I'm sure we all saw the tears, well except you apparently.

The only emotion I had was anger at Hampden on Sunday.....and it’s not really subsided. I want Rangers players who find a way....I know it sounds easy but quite simply it’s about identifying the right characters and leaders and imho we have these gaps in particular in our defence.....we don’t have a leader/captain talisman that we’ve had in previous winning sides.
We’re akin to the pre souness era at present where we won very little because those players didn’t know how to do it, they hadn’t got into the habit. The most galling thing about Sunday was that the scum were truly there for the taking, we battered them and if only that penalty had went in, I truly believe the baton would have been passed to us and the doubt we have had would have flowed into their veins for the remainder of the season.

we now need to find a way on Thursday and then do the same with every game between now and the winter break, if we have a chance to redress the balance.

Was in the forces, ambulance service and Im a fire fighter now.. playing a game of football isnt pressure buddy. Ive never seen anyone male or female break down after fighting to save someones life for an hour just to fail in the end and loss them. And its not because they dont give a fk. Im sorry if my opinion offends you but thats all it is.
What about the dozens of firefighters who broke down and left because of stress after Kings Cross in '87? Or Grenfell. Or 7/7. If you are strong enough to deal with that pressure then good on you. But don't denigrate others for it.

We all know he's a sectarian bigot with an agenda. He didn't even like football FFS. So naturally he's employed by the BBC.

What about the dozens of firefighters who broke down and left because of stress after Kings Cross in '87? Or Grenfell. Or 7/7. If you are strong enough to deal with that pressure then good on you. But don't denigrate others for it.
I meant more in the aftermath of the incident Ive never witnessed anyone breakdown. And thats not to say they dont Ive just never personally seen it. And Im not denigrating Jack for crying, I just dont think it should be used to judge other players efforts or desire to win the game. Maybe Im wrong and he couldnt help it.

I meant more in the aftermath of the incident Ive never witnessed anyone breakdown. And thats not to say they dont Ive just never personally seen it. And Im not denigrating Jack for crying, I just dont think it should be used to judge other players efforts or desire to win the game. Maybe Im wrong and he couldnt help it.

But you are denigrating Jack, you've said it shows he is mentally weak which is utter bullshit

Your having a fuckin night mare here,not a single person has mentioned any of the rest of team or judged their reactions at the end the game,where the feck are you getting this from?
Yes your fuckin totally wrong he couldn't help it,he's a flesh and blood human being who gave his all for his team and the fans and has the audacity to show proper emotion and be told it's not the manly way to behave.
Who are you to decide or judge that? Or that rat English?
In any of the alleged jobs you claimed you have worked in,if you seen a colleague break down,would you belittle them?consider them less of man or human being?

A dinosaurs attitude to modern day football; greetin is fur wumin.
I've no issue with someone caring that much about something, putting their body on the line for it, deserving to achieve it, realise they've once again been cheated, and breaking down.

The only emotion I had was anger at Hampden on Sunday.....and it’s not really subsided. I want Rangers players who find a way....I know it sounds easy but quite simply it’s about identifying the right characters and leaders and imho we have these gaps in particular in our defence.....we don’t have a leader/captain talisman that we’ve had in previous winning sides.
We’re akin to the pre souness era at present where we won very little because those players didn’t know how to do it, they hadn’t got into the habit. The most galling thing about Sunday was that the scum were truly there for the taking, we battered them and if only that penalty had went in, I truly believe the baton would have been passed to us and the doubt we have had would have flowed into their veins for the remainder of the season.

we now need to find a way on Thursday and then do the same with every game between now and the winter break, if we have a chance to redress the balance.

I don’t know what age you are but I was a regular in the pre Souness days. It wasn’t the case that they didn’t know how to win, they weren’t good enough to win. The fan base knew that and for the most part chose to stay away. We currently have a good squad of players who are on an upward curve and trophies are on their way.

The tears don’t bother me. I want players who care, who want to win and look forward to seeing the emotions on winning titles.

you’ve never seen someone break down after trying to save someone’s life and failing, I’m calling bullshit

If Jack is wrong or not a "man" for crying then why do we all follow football? Why does it mean so much to us? Why do we spread family members ashes on pitches? Buy memorial bricks for family members and friends who have passed away? How many people shed a tear when we went into administration?

How some people can't see that it was because it meant so much to Jack is beyond me. Some people are as bad as that cvnt English, almost suggesting that he chose to cry.

This team is nothing like the pre Souness side for fucks sake, we were mid table cannon fodder. We also weren't just a few years away from being in tge bottom tier of Scottish football.

Folk come away with some amount of mince after a defeat.

The bond Gerrard and jack have is great to see. They do seem close and the gaffer has done an amazing job on him and jack has put the hard work In. He is an excellent footballer

This team is nothing like the pre Souness side for fucks sake, we were mid table cannon fodder. We also weren't just a few years away from being in tge bottom tier of Scottish football.

To be fair the pre-Souness era and slightly after was probably the strongest all round period in Scottish football history with Aberdeen and Dundee Utd beating Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively while getting to two European finals in 4 years.

Souness also used to give away his runners up medals as they meant nothing to him only the winners one's did. Some Bears just seem to be happy simply getting to a final these days and for me that's a large part of the problem.

The sectarian bigot that is Tom English peddling his hatred and bigoted views is symbolic of the sectarian and bigoted views of his bosses at BBC Scotland.

Tom the Rangers hating bastard English has just protected his tweets. :))
Oh well, some may see this as progress. He’s obviously been told he’s gone too far by his BBC Scotland handler.
Now forced to be a private bigot rather than a public one.

Im actually getting sick of the club putting up with this crap its getting beyond a joke.

Ryan Jack left everything on that pitch i don't think that any other player certainly in our squad would have continued after that impact on his knee in the first half.

The boy was absolutely ruined and robbed after the hardest shift of his life.

Instead of praising the guy that seems to want to put the same shifts in for his country etc the BBC do the entire opposite and criticise him for being emotional when the poor blokes head must have been all over the place. Its disgracefully bad.

I can't say I like seeing our players weep in public especially after a loss to them, but it shows how much the lad cares. However Jack is no pussy so hopefully he bottles this and uses it to spur us on against them next time out

Presumably the manager has been asked about it given this response during the press conference:

SG: People respond in different ways to a situation, players in my day got criticism for not showing emotion. I will make no apologies for my player's reactions. We show that we care for this club and all I care about is that my players recover from it and go again tomorrow.

Give me 11 Jack's every day of the week.

Love to see that it hurts the players just as much as the fans, Ryan is proof of that.

Imagine getting pelters for caring.

I can't say I like seeing our players weep in public especially after a loss to them, but it shows how much the lad cares. However Jack is no pussy so hopefully he bottles this and uses it to spur us on against them next time out
Of course he will, I watched a programme at the weekend and retired world champion boxers admitting they cried openly after losing fights and how they were over come with emotion for weeks.
It spurred them on and strengthened their resolve to achieve their ambition to win world titles.
There is no shame at all showing emotion after giving your all in any endeavours mate, be it winning or losing in sport or showing you care on a personal level, in fact it should be admired rather than belittled or frowned upon.
Every one have different personalities and characters and react to things in their own way.

English has some job - just sits there in judgement of others, tweeting away his judgement of those doing their utmost such as Jack and Goldson. Often overtly biased because he criticised another who also publcly passed judgement about Andy Murray getting over-emotional. Parasites, getting fat on the efforts of others.

To be fair the pre-Souness era and slightly after was probably the strongest all round period in Scottish football history with Aberdeen and Dundee Utd beating Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively while getting to two European finals in 4 years.

Souness also used to give away his runners up medals as they meant nothing to him only the winners one's did. Some Bears just seem to be happy simply getting to a final these days and for me that's a large part of the problem.

I don’t know a single Rangers fan that is just happy to get to a final, not one.

You do realise your view is just that your view, it’s no more or no less worthy than mine or any other poster you don’t agree with. Time you dropped the narcissism and accepted we all view things differently!

BBC pundit Tom English has taken a pop at Ryan Jack after he cried following Rangers’ defeat to Celtic.
The Light Blues dominated most of Sunday’s Betfred Cup Final only for the Hoops to ultimately win the game 1-0.

And the Gers midfielder was seen sobbing into Steven Gerrard’s arms after the final whistle.

Now, English has insisted the “optics” of that weren’t good as he insisted Celtic skipper Scott Brown wouldn’t be caught doing the same thing.

Speaking on the BBC’s Sportsound show last night, he said: “At full-time… Ryan Jack has played a really top class game for me and I think he’s a superb player.

“But he breaks down in tears and goes into the embrace of his manager. Now he’s one of your go-to guys, and he’s in TEARS on the pitch.

“If Celtic had lost that match yesterday, would Scott Brown have dissolved into tears in Neil Lennon’s arms? I don’t think so. So the optics of that were not good.”

SunSport columnist Michael Stewart, who was also on the show, insisted Jack’s tears weren’t really an issue for him, however.

The Scotland international’s performance during the game itself was all that mattered to him.

He said: “I get what you’re saying but everybody is different.

“The biggest thing that you need to give credence to is what they do on the park.

“Ideally you wouldn’t want to see it but I wouldn’t give too much to it.”

BBC pundit Tom English has taken a pop at Ryan Jack after he cried following Rangers’ defeat to Celtic.
The Light Blues dominated most of Sunday’s Betfred Cup Final only for the Hoops to ultimately win the game 1-0.

And the Gers midfielder was seen sobbing into Steven Gerrard’s arms after the final whistle.

Now, English has insisted the “optics” of that weren’t good as he insisted Celtic skipper Scott Brown wouldn’t be caught doing the same thing.

Speaking on the BBC’s Sportsound show last night, he said: “At full-time… Ryan Jack has played a really top class game for me and I think he’s a superb player.

“But he breaks down in tears and goes into the embrace of his manager. Now he’s one of your go-to guys, and he’s in TEARS on the pitch.

“If Celtic had lost that match yesterday, would Scott Brown have dissolved into tears in Neil Lennon’s arms? I don’t think so. So the optics of that were not good.”

SunSport columnist Michael Stewart, who was also on the show, insisted Jack’s tears weren’t really an issue for him, however.

The Scotland international’s performance during the game itself was all that mattered to him.

He said: “I get what you’re saying but everybody is different.

“The biggest thing that you need to give credence to is what they do on the park.

“Ideally you wouldn’t want to see it but I wouldn’t give too much to it.”
Tom English will take every every opportunity to go against us. It's in his republican dna.

Tom is a professional idiot in his profession! Any player who has tears after a final shows they care about their team and the outcome of a match and losing to an officials mistake like that just as many these mistakes do, can rightly cause a feeling of injustice and in fact is an injustice to whatever team loses in such a fashion! This was a FINAL Tom it is an emotional occasion for this profession and whether it be tears of joy or tears of disappointment or no tears at all just joy or sadness is neither here nor there just show their humanity, it is an achievement to get there and many players strive and will never make it to a final so show some respect you nipple!

Barry Ferguson says Tom English is talking ‘bollocks’ over Ryan Jack’s tears

BARRY FERGUSON has told Tom English he was talking 'bollocks' over Ryan Jack's emotional reaction after Sunday's Betfred Cup Final.

BBC pundit English stoked controversy by taking a pop at Jack for sobbing into Steven Gerrard's arms after Celtic's triumph.

Former Gers ace Charlie Adam, ex-Aberdeen keeper Jamie Langfield and BT Sport's Darrell Currie are among those who have hit out at the Irishman.

While Ibrox gaffer Gerrard backed the midfielder and said he "will make no apologies" for his players' reactions following the Hampden heartache.

Now, Rangers legend Ferguson has waded into the storm and branded English's comments "ridiculous".

He told the Fergie Time podcast: “I think it’s a ridiculous comment. So you’re not allowed to be emotional? Is a man not allowed to be emotional?

“I have been emotional in my career when I’ve won and I’ve been emotional when I have lost.

"There might not have been tears running down my eyes but I did well up. I was an emotional guy.

“I don’t think tears were running down Ryan Jack’s face either but the guy was hurting after losing a game.

"I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. For people to come out and comment and say ‘You wouldn’t see Scott Brown doing it'.

"I think that’s just ridiculous, silly. It’s bollocks.

“I would rather see people being emotional as it shows that they care. I’ve been emotional many times in my life.

"I was emotional when I lost the UEFA Cup Final. I was welling up because it was such a big opportunity. The whole campaign had been an emotional roller-coaster.

“I was emotional in the semi final against Fiorentina when I missed the first penalty in the shoot-out. I goes up as captain to take the first penalty but what a save the keeper made!

“Then I walked back to the centre circle and I was emotional at that time because I saw my team mates in a group hug.

"Their heads went down a wee bit and I had let them down because an opportunity like this would never come round again.

“And oh my God, was I emotional when that final penalty went in and we had made it through.”

Ferguson was in bits after fearing he had wrecked Rangers' chances of reaching the UEFA Cup Final following his penalty miss in Florence.

And Fergie revealed even long-serving Ibrox kitman Jimmy Bell got emotional when Nacho Novo saved the home by scoring the winning spotkick to set up a showdown with Zenit in Manchester.

He said: “In that 35-45 yard walk three or four thoughts went through my mind.

“I could have ruined it all for my team mates who I was walking towards.

"I could have let down that group of staff over at the dug out, and most importantly I could have let down the three or four thousands fans behind the goal as well as the countless hundreds of thousands of fans watching on TV.

"That was what was going through my mind.

“So when Nacho scored the winning penalty to put us through did I well up inside? Of course I did.

"Was there emotion inside the dressing room? There was emotion from everybody from Walter Smith to the kit man Jimmy Bell.

"There was emotion everywhere in that dressing room, tears of joy because we had just made the UEFA Cup Final.

“I was welling up because I knew I was going back to Glasgow and I wasn’t going to get my head chopped off! Brilliant!”

Of course he will, I watched a programme at the weekend and retired world champion boxers admitting they cried openly after losing fights and how they were over come with emotion for weeks.
It spurred them on and strengthened their resolve to achieve their ambition to win world titles.
There is no shame at all showing emotion after giving your all in any endeavours mate, be it winning or losing in sport or showing you care on a personal level, in fact it should be admired rather than belittled or frowned upon.
Every one have different personalities and characters and react to things in their own way.
I'm of a different generation m8, and for me it is more about not showing any weakness, especially to them. However I understand and respect your point of view.

“You wouldn’t see Scott Brown doing it” but then you wouldn’t see Ryan Jack goading rival fans or singing sectarian songs either. I know which one I would prefer from all players representing my club never mind the captain. Just a pity Brown is coming to the end as Rangers really start to challenge again. He would have had a far smaller collection of silverware.

With this you really have sunk to a new low, even for you English. I hope you are ashamed of yourself though I doubt it.

I liked how the sun dug up comments he made about Brazil slagging Andy Murray for cry at a tournament. Just showed that it wasnt the action, it was the player.

“You wouldn’t see Scott Brown doing it” but then you wouldn’t see Ryan Jack goading rival fans or singing sectarian songs either. I know which one I would prefer from all players representing my club never mind the captain. Just a pity Brown is coming to the end as Rangers really start to challenge again. He would have had a far smaller collection of silverware.

You wouldn't see him sitting pished like a jakey on a street corner either.

Back