Tom English "Needham needs to consider his position"

I know someone that was prosecuted, actually prosecuted due to
comments made about the Clutha tragedy and a stadium in the East End. Whatabouttery they’ll call it but I see no difference with what he says about the squint bridge collapse to what my mate said.

Thank god it was this muppet, and not one of our own, they would be out with the pitchforks demanding his head and more.

Wow, a Rangers hater stabbing another Rangers hater in the back. It won't catch on you know.

I'm not a fan of Tom English, but he is right, Needham should resign.
I think not.
I think his employers need to suspend him, complete a thorough disciplinary investigation and, if the findings are proven, sack him.
He can, of course, resign at any stage but to allow him to simply walk out is wrong.

He is right to an extent - he shouldn't be given the option. The SFA and SPFL should just tell him he's no longer fit to hold the position and can play no further part in Scottish football.

He is right to an extent - he shouldn't be given the option. The SFA and SPFL should just tell him he's no longer fit to hold the position and can play no further part in Scottish football.
Exactly, that tweet about the bridge is disgusting, he should be very lucky just to walk away

Simply tell him he’s not welcome at Ibrox again. Inform him that if he thinks that about our fans, it applies to the players, the manager and all representatives of the football club so here’s your life ban.

I just see this stuff as damage limitiation.

Clearly no-one wants to talk about the bigger picture regarding the blatant toxic environment that has existed within Scottish football (and Scottish society), which has made this kind of behaviour normalised among, not just the cult any more, but nationwide.

So they just throw people under the bus for getting caught and exposing them all and try to say; "Move on. Don't look too much closer here. It's just a minority." Which is a complete lie and he knows it. It's widespread prejudice based on hatred and bigotry.

So as ever, English is savvy and will criticise 'that side' only so far when completely necessary to maintain his pretence of balance and fairness, but never goes the whole hog or says a word unless he doesn't have a choice. He always stops short.

And that's the difference between someone with real integrity and an agenda ridden snake. So well done Tom for criticising the indefensible, but when will you address the real issues and root causes of this ingrained sick mentality in a balanced manner? Because I'm pretty sure if the boot was on the other foot here, you and all your pals certainly would already be screaming and whining about all the vile Irish racism and anti-catholicism that exists in the west of Scotland, ad nauseum. I'm sure you wouldn't be "struggling to get your head around it" then, would you, you hypocrite apologist blinkered moron?

Last edited:
Fair play for saying what I haven’t heard almost anyone else say though. He has at least shown some consistency.

Back