Tom English "Needham needs to consider his position"

LenzieLoyal

Official Ticketer
Speaking on BBC Sportsound last night, English couldn’t believe that he was even having to talk about the latest controversy.

“I struggle to get my head around it, and I’ve seen a lot of things in Scottish football,” he said. “As we all know it’s a crazy place.

“But for a guy in his position, was a Director at the time to go and allow himself to go into that cesspit. To Tweet this kind of garbage.

“I think John Needham needs to consider his position here.”

English is bang on the money here. Needham has to go!

Speaking on BBC Sportsound last night, English couldn’t believe that he was even having to talk about the latest controversy.

“I struggle to get my head around it, and I’ve seen a lot of things in Scottish football,” he said. “As we all know it’s a crazy place.

“But for a guy in his position, was a Director at the time to go and allow himself to go into that cesspit. To Tweet this kind of garbage.

I'm not a fan of Tom English, but he is right, Needham should resign.

I agree with what English is saying here, but I wouldn’t be buying into his outrage too much. It’s very easy for him to offer up the sacrificial lamb when it’s not someone connected to Celtic - if it were no opinion would have been issued on it. Situations like these in regards to the columnists like Mr English are used to balance their warped pro Celtic agenda in the public eye.

Copy-of-Untitled-2021-10-25T125934.102-1.png

“Here’s hoping the Squinty Bridge tips as well. Second thoughts… the pollution would be awful.”

There can be no coming back from this.

Rangers should be demanding his head on a plate.

I sometimes think English contradicts himself and can be a bit ridiculous/knee jerk too. BUT he is the only media man in Scotland who seems to have any sort of moral compass to apply the same set of rules no matter the side. This really shouldn’t be a badge of honour when you are in the media but in Scotland it is.

I sometimes think English contradicts himself and can be a bit ridiculous/knee jerk too. BUT he is the only media man in Scotland who seems to have any sort of moral compass to apply the same set of rules no matter the side. This really shouldn’t be a badge of honour when you are in the media but in Scotland it is.

He's not always right, often horribly wrong, but he at least seems consistent in his views to a degree. I get the sense he's sharing his honest opinion and not an opinion that simply panders to manky bastards.

Saying that, it's a bad day when Tom English is likely top of the list in terms of credibility.

I didn't even know this show was still on - anytime I put it on on a non-match day I get Bryan Burnett's music show.

If Douglas Park says that about celtic fans then they’d be discussing it in Parliament and Douglas Park would be sitting down with police. You’d have the usual suspects Hagerty, Findlay, Sturgeon, Yousaf, Dornan, Spiers, NBM and Stewart all coming out saying that one tweet represents all Rangers fans as it’s vile ‘anti-Irish racism’. Then you’d have that wee specky midget Penfold looking mess Patrick Harvie saying Rangers should be shut down.

Tom, what do you mean by 'think'? If it was a Rangers director you'd be 'demanding' his resignation.

Until these people either resign or get bagged the example is being set by the governing bodies that it's a free for all on Rangers and their supporters but not if anyone associated with Rangers or their supporters do the same thing.
This must be challenged head on even although we know the ba$tards are corrupt.

All things being equal, he should resign.
In the real world no-one should but that’s the way it is these days.

Listened to the whole podcast. Although English did say he should consider his position. However, no condemnation of sectarian content. Rest of the panel skirted around the issue, now imagine if it was Douglas Park
That’s because the majority of non Rangers fans love to use “ Hun “ and want to keep using it without being called out on their sectarian hate .

You get the impression that English is or was a serious journalist, who was duped into the Rangers bad business and has now found out the hard way he was being used because of the tone of his voice.

He seems to be trying to be impartial now but he's a long way to go to right the wrongs.

They miss the point totally in their chat about the needham tweets. NBMs flaccid response shows the clear selectariamism that’s going on here. Not called out. Also, we’re this the Rangers Chairman saying this about say Celtic fans then there’d be discussions in parliament about it. The police would be involved never mind the sfa and nbm.

This highlights the clear double standards that exists in this whole sectarian debate and until both sides are treated fairly by all parties I won’t accept, listen to or be guided by anything they say.

If the prick Needham thinks an apology will get him off the hook he can fuk off

The SFA a should demand he resigns and if he refuses they should revoke his fit and proper credentials but they won’t

They miss the point totally in their chat about the needham tweets. NBMs flaccid response shows the clear selectariamism that’s going on here. Not called out. Also, we’re this the Rangers Chairman saying this about say Celtic fans then there’d be discussions in parliament about it. The police would be involved never mind the sfa and nbm.

This highlights the clear double standards that exists in this whole sectarian debate and until both sides are treated fairly by all parties I won’t accept, listen to or be guided by anything they say.

Taken in isolation it means little. They dont accept there is selectarianism. This is why Rangers should employ someone professional to gather evidence of the double standards, bias and lies churned out by the media, politicians and now the Scottish Police who seem keen to issue statements that promote selectarianism.

Could you see Ann Budge tweeting the kind of garbage that Needham did?

Spot on post. If Needham wants to come across with the stuff that he did then there should be no place for him in the boardroom of any Scottish club, let alone being the actual chairman of one.

Fair play to him. He’s called this one straight.

Raging he never said the exact words I wanted him to. Be as well just saying nothing so I can be angry.

Despite stopping short of calling it what it really is English is bang on the money.

but the club can do more as well, for a start tell St Boo that Needham will not be allowed entry to Ibrox on match day when we play them, for his own safety of course

Nah! Spiers says he’s a good guy and he’s been misinterpreted. :rolleyes:
Yeah, it’s always been his way. Words are only to be taken literally when uttered by Rangers supporters. When we are the target we should lighten up and have a sense of humour.

It’s been through the looking glass with that nonentity for 30 years. He’s crushingly predictable.

Back