Tom Lawrence - A new injury sustained in training. “Out until at least after the World Cup”

Same with Hagi when you are out for that long it takes a whilst to get up to speed even if you can, Ryan Jack is a prime example, shadow of the player he was. Long term injuries not many players come back the same.
Yep look no further than Roofe calf injuries over and over.

Maybe a change in rehabilitation programs would help as it’s just far too many get injured and don’t get seen again for months and the club aren’t exactly informative to us customers.

I'm going to try put one positive light on the situation.

The run of fixtures we now have should be winnable with the current squad.
St Mirren (H)
Motherwell (A)
Livingston (H)
Aberdeen (H)
St Johnstone (A)
Hearts (H)
St Mirren (A)

With the world cup being when it is ( as much as I hate the qatar world cup), it could be a huge boost for us.

We could go in to the mid December games with returning players such as Hagi, Roofe, Lawrence, Lowry, Helander, Souttar.

Yes there could be more setbacks or other issues, but the timing of this world cup could end up being a huge boost for our squad.

So maybe up to half a season out with Souttar, Helander, Hagi and who knows when Lawrence will come back, add in Kent Kamara and Morelos situation, also for a few players this will be their last season. We are not in a good place!

We get way too many injuries during training sessions. Seriously our injury history needs looked at there has to be a root cause.

St Mirren (H)
Motherwell (A)
Livingston (H)
Aberdeen (H)
St Johnstone (A)
Hearts (H)
St Mirren (A)

With the world cup being when it is ( as much as I hate the qatar world cup), it could be a huge boost for us.

We could go in to the mid December games with returning players such as Hagi, Roofe, Lawrence, Lowry, Helander, Souttar.

Yes there could be more setbacks or other issues, but the timing of this world cup could end up being a huge boost for our squad.
Lowry is the only one I'm confident of being fit soon and he probably won't be used.

Nothing to do with you or your fault but why do we get information this way. I despise the way our club treats us like naughty fucking schoolchildren.
We are customers mate not fans that’s why Bennett’s interview confirmed it “ sit down shut up give us your money and you don’t know what you’re talking about “ all in the one interview lol

How many our 6 current injuries start ? I’d say 2 Lawrence defo and arguably helander

Lowry and Roofe are only ones with any chance of returning before the World Cup . It’s really now just a case of keeping the league alive to the World Cup and seeing where we are

Not remotely surprised. Take whatever someone is initially out for at Rangers, times it by 10 and that’s how long they’ll be out for.

Amazing how many of our players pick up injuries as they come back from an injury.

How many our 6 current injuries start ? I’d say 2 Lawrence defo and arguably helander

Lowry and Roofe are only ones with any chance of returning before the World Cup . It’s really now just a case of keeping the league alive to the World Cup and seeing where we are
Hagi starts all day as does Roofe imo

Our medical team really are a laughing stock
Who actually are they? More friends of Gio on the gravy train.? It is quite worrying the amount of injuries get in training. I remember the good old day we have opponents an injury during a game. We now have a bunch of Jessies who can't hurt our opponents.

Honestly getting right pissed off with these never ending list of injuries we seem to pick up, is it a issue with our training techniques? An issue with other teams kicking us off the park? Buying players with underlying injury problems? Or a combination of all three?

Whatever it is, something needs to change at the club and quickly as we cannot afford to have all these important players sitting in the stand when we need them on the park

I know it's probably not their fault but I'd be happy if we cleaned house in our medical department and brought in some new faces.

This happens too often.
How are the medical staff to blame? They treat injuries. They don’t cause them. Injuries happen in training. But if you don’t train as you play, you will play as you train. And you become a soft touch.

St Mirren (H)
Motherwell (A)
Livingston (H)
Aberdeen (H)
St Johnstone (A)
Hearts (H)
St Mirren (A)

The games we were assured would be easy last season were more often the ones we threw away points late on. Especially at Ibrox. I'd take absolutely nothing for granted.

What is happening with our medical team. We seem incapable of getting players through recovery, rehab and back onto the pitch without sustaining further injury. Happening too many times for it to be bad luck.

How are the medical staff to blame? They treat injuries. They don’t cause them. Injuries happen in training. But if you don’t train as you play, you will play as you train. And you become a soft touch.
Who's to say their methods are not impacting the recovery process of players ?
Every single minor injury at Ibrox becomes a long term issue when those cranks go to work on them. Been the case for years now.

Has any injured player ever returned back from an injury on or ahead of schedule in recent years?

Do we still use that mob who helped with injury predictions/analysis?
Also as others have said, we've lost the doctor, a physio and Jordan Millsom from the fitness department. I think Arno Philips replaced him though.

So we’ll see Tom Lawrence back on the pitch around February/March time.

Will be like a new signing - next season.
The bigger question I want answered (maybe only in time) is how many of them will actually be back for the first game after the World Cup . I feel gio saying ‘after the world cup’ is just him kicking the can down the road because he either doesn’t know or doesn’t want to say

I appreciate there is an element of "man shouts at cloud" about this because I am so frustrated. God knows how Lawrence feels... This has cost him potentially his only chance at Champions League (let's hope not..) and a go at the World cup.

However I feel it sounds a wee bit strange that a guy recovering from a knee injury manages to tear his calf in Training. Surely our questions should be with the trainers rather than the physios?

Back