Tom Lawrence - A new injury sustained in training. “Out until at least after the World Cup”

Helander was already injured was he not? Souttar also came with his existing injury according to Gio.
I thought he was close to recovery from his injury end of last season then got injured again pre season. Similar situation to Lawrence

Folk have been saying the same for 30 years. Its not like we've had the same staff throughout. In fact, many of Gerrards medical team have moved on for example.

As you acknowledge, 'it's not their fault' when it comes to players getting injuries. Guy gets a new injury in training is hardly anything to do with the medical team. Injured players passing medicals before signing might be a different issue, but we will never really know.
I was only half serious.

It's just so frustrating that our potential has been hamstrung by these constant vaguely defined injuries.

Why aren’t you answering the question?

For years football fans have been told about injuries. Not a “blow by blow” as you know fine well no one expects that. So stop trying to be a smart arse.
Told what the injury is, that’s not new it’s happened for years.
Told a fairly accurate timescale, that’s not new it’s happened for years.

Fs mate look through this thread alone and you’ll see references to “mystery injuries” from other people. I’m not alone in this thinking.
Whose timescale hasn't been accurate? You're aware that players can suffer setbacks?

People are just spraffing shite because they are frustrated - which is understandsable - but blaming the medical team for players picking up injuries is ridiculous.

This happens at every single club in world football. Unless you can tell me one that doesn't suffer from injuries?

Do you think Gio is lying?

who said we are “only club who picks up injuries”, away with the hyperbole

If you can’t see we have a number of players who are out long term after the club have said “a few weeks” is their timeline then that’s cool
Which players?

In all seriousness, we need to bring in some kind of world expert on sporting injuries to audit the training methods, facilities, pitches and medical procedures.

There isn’t another team on the planet who have suffered as many injury breakdowns and set backs as we have.

None.

That’s absolutely shite luck.

Have we got a sleeper agent kicking fuck out everyone in training at this rate?

Helander, Roofe, Jack, Souttar, Morelos, Lawrence, Hagi etc have all been out long term recently. There's probably more, I've stopped counting now. Most of the above get in our starting lineup as well. It's just shocking luck
I'm aware of that. But we knew most of them were long term injuries. The poster is suggesting something different

We just beat the third best team in the league away from home, convincingly. There won't be a more difficult game domestically (on paper anyway) until the next old firm.

We should cope.

How typical. We are cursed
We are not cursed but something not quite right in our recruitment and medical teams, you would think we are actively looking for players who are either due an injury or certainly prone to them.

I remember Amoruso signing and it was reported he was out for a few weeks, whilst someone I knew told me he was out for the season, so this has been going on for a long time.

Whose timescale hasn't been accurate? You're aware that players can suffer setbacks?

People are just spraffing shite because they are frustrated - which is understandsable - but blaming the medical team for players picking up injuries is ridiculous.

This happens at every single club in world football. Unless you can tell me one that doesn't suffer from injuries?

Do you think Gio is lying?
Our injury record is ridiculous.
Signing injury prone players doesn’t help granted.
However I think (and it looks like I’m not alone) that we seem to have a disproportionate amount of long term injuries compared to short term ones.

Lying about what? You’ve asked me if he’s lying 3 times but I haven’t a clue what you’re thinking i’ve said he’s lying about?

Do I think he was to blame for Morelos injury that most likely cost us big in EL final? Absolutely.
We played a massive part, if not all, of Alfredo’s injury. We all knew he was injured before he went away with Colombia.

To say our title challenge is over due to the fact Tom Lawrence is injured is the very definition of an over reaction. It's a blow obviously.
You need quality in there. Lawrence has that bit of everything you need.

Tillman has to be one of the most ponderous players I’ve seen at Rangers. Arfield is the opposite with excellent movement but his end product is utter garbage.

It’s fucking depressing that’s what it is. Puts a real dent in our title hopes that’s for sure.

It’s not an overreaction.

Arfield and Tillman are a serious step down in quality.

That No.10 creative role is arguably the most important position in beating the low block in Scotland.
You said if he’s out after the World Cup we aren’t challenging for the title. One player being injured and then saying we aren’t going to challenge for the league is a massive over reaction.

I’m gutted as much as anyone he will be out longer but we have a squad and we will use it and will still be challenging for the league, with or without Lawrence.

There is something seriously wrong with either the rehab program for injuries or training methods as the injuries we get as a squad are completely and utterly disgraceful

Seriously wtf is going on?

We are not cursed but something not quite right in our recruitment and medical teams, you would think we are actively looking for players who are either due an injury or certainly prone to them.

I remember Amoruso signing and it was reported he was out for a few weeks, whilst someone I knew told me he was out for the season, so this has been going on for a long time.
Lawrence hardly had an injury in his career.

You need quality in there. Lawrence has that bit of everything you need.

Tillman has to be one of the most ponderous players I’ve seen at Rangers. Arfield is the opposite with excellent movement but his end product is utter garbage.

It’s fucking depressing that’s what it is. Puts a real dent in our title hopes that’s for sure.
We messed up in the summer transfer window by not strengthening from a position of strength. Now we're in an awful position

The only time I can remember us turning a signing down on fitness issues was John Hartson - and he hardly missed a game for the skunks.

I know it's probably not their fault but I'd be happy if we cleaned house in our medical department and brought in some new faces.

This happens too often.
That’s fair comment - medical team role to get players fit again after an injury - getting Injured in training whilst recovering from an injury is simply piss poor player management

Cant recall any bad tackles that put any of our long term injuries out, Hagi was a nothing challange against Stirling Albion and unfortunately the rest are just injury prone which we knew before we signed them
As I said you don't need to go off straight away with the challenge to be injured. Our players are on the wrong end of outrageous tackles in most games.

Do I think he was to blame for Morelos injury that most likely cost us big in EL final? Absolutely.
We played a massive part, if not all, of Alfredo’s injury. We all knew he was injured before he went away with Colombia.

And yet Alfie still decided to go. He could have easily sat out his trip to Colombia.

Reactions: BWO
Lawrence got injured when we were about 4 goals up and instead of Gio utilising the squad and bringing Sakala on to play up front, he gives Lawrence 90 minutes, the last 15-20 as a striker.

Lawrence gets injured.

I honestly can't remember a season we don't have several players out injured, Brutal .

Are we just unlucky? Poor medical staff? Signing permanently injured players?

Good grief. Our injury record on new signings is horrific. Appreciate you cant legislate for it in most cases. However Gio has admitted we signed Souttar with a pre existing injury.

You do wonder if the medical assessments of our players are carried out correctly or it’s just an unbelievable run of years of bad luck.

We all knew he’d never be back in the initial timescales given because it’s Rangers, but I wasn’t expecting us to manage this.

Horrendous luck as per.

It was always going to be , but the perfect excuse now exists for zero signings in January as look at all these players coming back.

That said I wouldn’t be surprised if

Souttar, Helander Roofe and Lawrence didn’t kick another ball this season. Also the club are a joke keeping us up to date on the nature of these injuries with vague descriptions of what is going on. Not as if we don’t pay millions to buy and pay for them.

Back