Tom Lawrence - A new injury sustained in training. “Out until at least after the World Cup”

He ran himself into the ground against PSV, then was given another 90 against Ross County. The last 30 mins or so to see how he copes as a lone striker or something, despite the fact he had played the role many times before. He was knackered by that point anyway.

Maybe the injuries are different but it's a nonsense he got hurt in the first place.
Never mind all that and what we the fans all knew and seen. Instead of subbing him off in a game we were 4-0 up and cruising he’s left on playing as a striker exactly like you said.

It’s just pure bad luck dontcha know? All clubs get injuries exactly the same as us apparently. Suggest anything else and you are a mad conspiracy theorist :rolleyes:

Incredibly frustrating as he had been looking good for us. Was looking forward to having him back in the team.

Just feels like every injury we get now is long term and takes longer than expected for the player to recover. I realise this isn't the case and it won't be every single injury but any time we have an injury there's just this feeling of inevitability that it's a long lay off.

I really hope Gio has a plan to get Tillman/ Lowry or some other creative player into our midfield if Lawrence is going to be out a while.

I can’t see the sense in Tillman being frozen out of the first 11 right now.

I was really looking forward to Lawrence’s return cause we’ve been at our best when both Lawrence and Tillman have played.

Gutted for Tom, as well as for us.

I was almost over Aribo with Tom's contributions so far.
He is very much the missing link between DM and attack, gutted for him missing the WC too, if he does.

Some absolute embarrassing blame culture lunacy on this thread.

Not really a blame culture, mate. More a frustration.

We sign a robust midfielder from the notoriously physical lower leagues down in England - one who has never really had any serious injury problems in his career. He then arrives at Rangers and we lose him for half the campaign.

It is what it is. We move on and it's up to others to step up. But that 90 against County was daft imo, no one will tell me otherwise.

We seemed to have solved the injury problem under Gerrard. The Lawrence one is so frustrating as he looked knackered v Ross County and just when I assumed he was going to be subbed Gio moved him up front.

Not really a blame culture, mate. More a frustration.

We sign a robust midfielder from the notoriously physical lower leagues down in England - one who has never really had any serious injury problems in his career. He then arrives at Rangers and we lose him for half the campaign.

It is what it is. We move on and it's up to others to step up. But that 90 against County was daft imo, no one will tell me otherwise.

I'm as frustrated as anyone mate, but being frustrated is totally different to the lunacy of pointing fingers at our medical team.

They don't tackle anyone or make our players train or play, without fully warming up and warming down, after intensive work.

Unfortunately injuries are part and parcel of professional sport.

It's absolutely %^*& all to do with our medical team.

Under gerrard other than katic I can’t remember anyone getting a serious injury in training . To now have 3 in space of 3 months is madness. It’s not luck

We could sign the fittest person in the world, who has the name Fit McFit, and he’d be injured within a week

Honestly. It really does sometimes l feel like that when you’re a Rangers supporter.

I’ve honestly lost count of how many key players we’ve lost for almost whole seasons, sometime longer, over the decades I’ve been watching us.

It’s incredible.

I’d say unbelievable, but come off it, what the %^*& is going on up there?

We’ve had a few players misdiagnosed injury wise in the recent past making their injury ten times worse.

Somethings amiss in that medical department

In training as well so not even his original injury.

Our luck with injuries is absolutely horrific.

Can’t decide if it’s just bad luck, poor recruitment or something not right with the staff.
Could be just an injury.
Seen it happen once or twice in football.

Under gerrard other than katic I can’t remember anyone getting a serious injury in training . To now have 3 in space of 3 months is madness. It’s not luck

Have you ever done full time professional training for a sport mate?

Training injuries are way more common than you'd maybe imagine.

I'm as frustrated as anyone mate, but being frustrated is totally different to the lunacy of pointing fingers at our medical team.

They don't tackle anyone or make our players train or play, without fully warming up and warming down, after intensive work.

Unfortunately injuries are part and parcel of professional sport.

It's absolutely %^*& all to do with our medical team.

Was just a bad call from Gio for me, mate. Ridiculous bad luck though.

Make no mistake, this is a shocker for us. Lawrence was IMO growing into one of the best players at the club.

Necessity is the mother of invention and who knows, maybe this is the chance for Tillman and, to a lesser extent, Lowry to proper step up and challenge for the position with Arfield.

Have you ever done full time professional training for a sport mate?

Training injuries are way more common than you'd maybe imagine.
Aye knocks maybe but 3/4 months out isn’t common. I can’t think of any club that’s had as many as us this season in any league

Was just a bad call from Gio for me, mate. Ridiculous bad luck though.

Make no mistake, this is a shocker for us. Lawrence was IMO growing into one of the best players at the club.

Necessity is the mother of invention and who knows, maybe this is the chance for Tillman and, to a lesser extent, Lowry to proper step up and challenge for the position with Arfield.

I really like Lawrence too mate.

He offers something totally different to Tillman, as he's more aggressive, in and out of possession, plus he's a great striker of the ball.

He's a first pick for me playing right in the 3 behind the striker, with Tillman and Arfield fighting it out for the central role.

I don't think Lowry is at that level yet and won't be until he improves his work rate out of possession.

That will come in time though.

It might just be because we follow Rangers but I couldn't name another club who's injury luck is even close to ours. It's been happening for decades. Would make an interesting XI. Off the top of my head (and I'm not including Ian Durrant as there was nothing unlucky about that injury - it was a cold blooded assault)...
Stephen Wright, Alan McLaren, Daniel Prodan, Oleg Kutnetzov, Michael Mols, Marco Negri (maybe!), Seb Rosenthal, Filip Helander, Colin West, Kemar Roofe.... Any more?

Have our medical staff ever actually produced their diplomas? Starting to think a couple of butchers and bakers have blagged their way in here :))

When was the last time we had a player return from injury sooner than planned & returned with no issues? Can’t recall.

Every injury seems to take an eternity or ends up with further injuries/complications.
Can you recall any club having such good fortune.

I really like Lawrence too mate.

He offers something totally different to Tillman, as he's more aggressive, in and out of possession, plus he's a great striker of the ball.

He's a first pick for me playing right in the 3 behind the striker, with Tillman and Arfield fighting it out for the central role.

I don't think Lowry is at that level yet and won't be until he improves his work rate out of possession.

That will come in time though.

12 games in just over a month coming up.

I don't think Lowry is either but it'll be all hands to the pump between now and the World Cup.

Back