Tom Lawrence - A new injury sustained in training. “Out until at least after the World Cup”

That is absolutlely hillarious!!!

What's the point in trying to build a team? We"re a fuckin joke!

I don't even know who or what our medical staff is now tbh..

I don't think it's so wild to speculate that they're not very good either, especially given the lay-offs we've had. When Pep was at Bayern, he fired his medical team because he thought they were crap (Wohlfart etc.) - the best in Germany at the time.

Mourinho at Chelsea was the same. Read about it at many other big clubs.

If it can happen there, it can happen at Rangers. Quite clearly physically the players aren't what they were two years ago.
I keep asking myself how long can we fall victim to this sort of thing before it’s no longer a coincidence or perceived bad luck?

Honest to fu@k we have no luck at all with injures to key players. Perhaps an over reaction from me but we must be one of the worst clubs for injuries to key players.
Absolutely nothing to do with luck.
Ross wilson either doesn’t listen to medical/sports science or (as I suspect) they’re making failings regularly. Either way - not great. Wilson failed to retain a large part of our medical team last season. A big issue. Injury is very much predictable and preventable now a days.

We must be the unluckiest team in the history of professional sport with respect to key player injuries. I’d bet no other team has signed as many players who, for one reason or another have such high unavailability stats as us.

Sign a big money player, then they for whatever reason are not available to play.

I guess it’s a statistic that shows average games per player in the squad. You could then compare a period of time like say under Gerard vs Gio. Not sure what it would prove though but it’d still make for interesting comparison.

Absolutely nothing to do with luck.
Ross wilson either doesn’t listen to medical/sports science or (as I suspect) they’re making failings regularly. Either way - not great. Wilson failed to retain a large part of our medical team last season. A big issue. Injury is very much predictable and preventable now a days.
Football players all over the world are still getting injuries.
The predictability and preventability methods are obviously not working very well. :)

It must be our training methods ir poor medical care, its more than a coincidence that we have so many long term injuries, recently it's been Morelos, Helander, Hagi, Soutar and Lawrence as well as the shorter term injuries.

Just a thought but I remember I once worked with a Company where it went from receiving full wages when sick to, a much reduced payment. This cured more sickness, than any drug that was ever invented LOL

We really have absolutely no luck at all with injuries. What is going on - it can't all be down to injury prone players. We've signed guys that have had next to no injuries then they end up out for ages.

Unbelievable the injuries we get now.

I'm not saying this has anything to do with his injury, but I think we're starting to really see the impact of the thugs in Scottish football on our players. You don't have to leave the park straight away for a bad injury to have happened. The way our players are treated compared to most teams is Unbelievable.
This is the way unfortunately......

This is the way unfortunately......
there are no real "thugs" in Scottish football these days. Imagine how some of the players of the past would fare in todays game ... souness, forsyth etc. Its a man's game and there are too many pussies playing it. Oops ... better not say man's game or i'll get crucified ... change that to HARD game.

This world cup might be a blessing in disguise. We are going to have some team after it, keep within 2 points of the bastards and we will be in a good place to capitalise.

Whats was Tom's injury record before Rangers.

It was almost a clean bill of health. We need to be the most unlucky club in World football with injuries, or what else can it be?? Sheer negligence with players welfare and fitness??

Because this is honestly beyond a joke. When was the last time Lawrence was injured before he joined us? Has he ever missed months of football in his whole career?

What was the original injury and what is this new injury?

Be nice if we were actually told. Cant actually think of a single reason as to why it’s not divulged
Originally a knee injury. Just reading the training one. Probably been the best of the new signings and overall. Gutted for him and the team.

Back