Tom Miller today

Remember when Tom commentates on the visuals, it’s the same feed being used for audio only, hence a bit more talking than might be expected/wanted.

Tom for me by a fair distance. I don’t want a dispassionate voice on RTV.

Clive fills in with facts because he doesn’t have the personal memories and emotion of being a supporter.

He’s professional & good at his job. Just not for me.

Durrant was excellent today too.
Not a fan of 'motor-mouth' Tom in general but he gets a 'bad wrap' doing the TV & Radio simultaneously :confused:

Agree 100% on Ian Durrant today, his insight is well worth putting up with Tom, at a lower volume of course :cool:

It's kinda like when the manager gives an injury update in his press conference. If it's good news, everyone's happy. If a player has a setback, it's meltdown.

Same with scores. I bet no one would complain if Clive had said on Wednesday that the spoon burners were four up at half time.

Thats the point though, we dont want to hear good news (for the beggars), we only want to hear the bad news!

Don't shoot me, but I used to yearn for more than just Tom Miller. Couldn't stand him at one point.

But this is RangersTV, and big Clive was a welcome refresher at first, but then his efforts to be impartial just got on my tits.

Made me realise that when I'm watching RangersTV, it's got to be Tom.

Clive would be alright if I was watching on BT or Sky.

Catches a lot of unfair flack. Was great today.

Some pretty funny moments too, eg when you could hear the Motherwell sponsors giving Mugabe Motm and he said something along the lines of names being thrown in to a hat to select that one.

In a minority here but prefer Tom to Clive.

Dont need stats from Clive about so and so being the second highest scorer against Rangers in recent years behind Edouard and more shite like that. He’s not on ITV now and that doesn’t enhance my viewing as a Rangers fan. Tom over Clive for me.
disappointed no one managed to get a pun in about mugabe trying to dictate the game.
Sorry I've been dying to get that one in all day.

Clive with Andy little please always feel like it’s a job interview for the managers job when Kevin Thomson’s on

No he's not. There are times when he has picked up on incidents that most don't see. He is great with Durranty and Ian Ferguson
He’s a poor commentator who reguarly gets our black players mixed up and the comment about the twin towers last season was embarrassing.

I like Tom and and I am glad that he is still involved during a more successful era. He is fine on TV coms. Not as polished as Clive, naturally but Tom has his own style and it works for me.

Not so much though when I can only stream audio at work when we have a midweek game because he doesn't always actually describe what is happening, or where on the pitch. Not ideal for audio streaming; so maybe the club could look at something different there.

Also, I find that the volume of the audio feed seems to be considerably quieter than it could be. I have the volume screwed right up and still struggle to work out what is going on at times.

Some pretty funny moments too, eg when you could hear the Motherwell sponsors giving Mugabe Motm and he said something along the lines of names being thrown in to a hat to select that one.

Dont need stats from Clive about so and so being the second highest scorer against Rangers in recent years behind Edouard and more shite like that. He’s not on ITV now and that doesn’t enhance my viewing as a Rangers fan. Tom over Clive for me.
There’s a reason one of them has had a successful career in commentating and the other is a fan with a microphone and shite patter.

Missed Tom lately, I prefer him to Clive now.

Never thought I'd feel that way, but I feel the same.

Clive was refreshing at first, and a requirement for the VST as the club had to be seen to do something, but I'm over it now (and how someone from the club hasn't clamped him with the fucking celtic updates is beyond me).

Generally, Tom has come a long way since I started watching. I notice that he's even improved his offside calls in the past few outings.

Co-commentators are a mixed bag. I want partisan coverage, but I don't want people screaming down the mic and over the top of the guy actually calling the game. Glad one in particular was binned a few years back. Durrant, Brown, Smith, Ferguson are all good.

At least Tom knows every players birthday lol

This drives me mad. He must have a sheet with a load of full facts about every player on the park. He even resorts to telling us that an opposition player will be ‘24 on Monday’ ffs
That and dull anecdotes about the Tennents Sixes during an attacking play…. Aaargh

Tom Miller a better broadcaster than Clive Tyldesley?

LOL
Aye, but Tom wouldn’t apologise or genuflect in the direction of the filth for a comment he made on Rangers TV. I find Tyldsley a tad smarmy and most tellingly, neutral and I don’t want neutral on Rangers TV…No matter how good a broadcaster he is perceived to be.

Last edited:

Said it many a time. I much prefer Tom Miller to Clive, and to the jokers I'm forced to listen to when watching the EL games in the USA

This drives me mad. He must have a sheet with a load of full facts about every player on the park. He even resorts to telling us that an opposition player will be ‘24 on Monday’ ffs
That and dull anecdotes about the Tennents Sixes during an attacking play…. Aaargh
Ha Hahaha

Rangers fans love to hate rangers employees for some bizarre reason.
Be it an ex player our our commentator.
Tom had to take a step back from twitter due the abuse he got from some his own.
Not meet many bigger Rangers men.

I wish we had a better commentator. I wish him no ill but it’s a harder job than it looks and he can’t do it. He’s no worse than Crocker but that’s not exactly praise.

Barry Davies is only 84, maybe we could encourage him out of retirement.

I enjoy him, he did well in calling out Griffiths for Gesturing to the Enclosure, it was just a pity no cameras caught it for another ban.

I thought that tiday was one of Tom’s best commentaries.
He seems to have calmed down a bit, which is good.
I must say I do enjoy Clive though.

Back