Tom Miller today

Well you said you wanted a more impartial commentator. Clive is impartial but can talk about the beggars.
If you are going to quote people you best be correct.

My comment is, I don't want partisan to the point where it detriments the quality, namely getting players names perpetually mixed up - probably the main remit of a commentator (which Rangers tv or not, is exactly what he is).

If you are going to quote people you best be correct.

My comment is, I don't want partisan to the point where it detriments the quality, namely getting players names perpetually mixed up - probably the main remit of a commentator (which Rangers tv or not, is exactly what he is).

So its nothing to do with being impartial or not then? All commentators get things mixed up, Clive also does it regularly as well.

I am now no longer giving a fvck, delighted with our best performance of the season imo and happy with Toms commentary assisted by Steve Smith who provided plenty awareness and insight.
I have said it many times. It's clearly a matter of taste, and I for one respect people who prefer Tom's approach. What I don't get is people who can't accept that other people prefer the other approach. It is entirely subjective.

As you say, delighted with the result, and have no significant issue with the commentary.

So its nothing to do with being impartial or not then? All commentators get things mixed up, Clive also does it regularly as well.
Just bask in the result mate and accept people have different taste in commentary styles. I prefer Clive's style, you prefer Tom's, there is nothing wrong with that.

The irony in your posts is incredible. Digging millar out but refusing to acknowledge the risk to our own fans caused by flares etc. right you are
Zero correlation.

Thousands, and thousands, of our fans love the pyro. Only ever see negativity on here towards it.

So take your issue up with folk at the games bud, not me.

Zero correlation.

Thousands, and thousands, of our fans love the pyro. Only ever see negativity on here towards it.

Nah, you’re the ignorant one by failing to acknowledge the fact that a lot of fans don’t like the ‘pyro’, it’s causing damage at games and at some point will cause a serious injury.

Nah, you’re the ignorant one by failing to acknowledge the fact that a lot of fans don’t like the ‘pyro’, it’s causing damage at games and at some point will cause a serious injury.
Haha, what the %^*& do you want me to do about it?

Take the day aff, its half 9 on a Saturday night.

I suppose it’s a matter of opinion. Personally I can’t have Tom, he does my head in every time he’s commentating. But certainly better than some of what you get on Sky, BBC, BT

Zero correlation.

youre the one that has the infatuation with them. would you be happy to get blindfolded? Same effect.

Anyone who doubts Tom should go back and watch the first B team game that was shown on RTV.

After five minutes of that you'll be choking for the Kirkie Express to come steaming into the station and for the Ulster Gazelle to bound off and fire an exocet off the upright.

Tom is a brilliant guy, genuine character and a great laugh.

His commentary through the years for RangersTV has been absolutely stalwart, a true Rangers man that loves his craft.

However, it is noticeable that he mixes a lot of things up recently, gets players names wrong, makes the wrong call on what's about to happen in the game i.e if it's a throw, and he calls a foul. Or if it's an offside and he thinks it's been called back for something else.

It's then quite awkward whilst the likes of Kevin Thomson correct him and try and get the comms back on track.

While I love Tom and his service to Rangers, he may wish to step down to co-comms at some point after this season, maybe even as a pundit for the studio team now and again. Think it'd be cool to see him interact with Emma Dodds and McCann etc, get his take now and again.

But for the most part, I'd definitely say it's time for him to start winding down.

He's fucking atrocious. There's no point listening to him as he either comes out with the same cringeworthy clichés week after week, or he gets simple things incredibly wrong. The amount of times he has to be awkwardly corrected by his co commentator every game is astonishing, his knowledge of the game is terrible.

I have absolutely nothing against Tom personally and think he's a great guy, but he is absolutely rotten at his job. He was fine back when Rangers TV was a shitty setup broadcasting a game against brechin to a couple of hundred people but it's embarrassing now.

I don’t mind Tom. He mixes some things up but so does Clive. It’s just one of those things.

Good result today. Let’s all just enjoy that. :)

As long as have Emma presenting and Tom commentating im happy, both are better than their stand ins.

Back