Tom Miller tonight

I’ve been critical in the past of some of his commentary and lines that haven’t half came back to bite us on the arse

But tonight I thought he was decent so credit where it’s due.

Thomson as always, brilliant to listen to and great to hear him referring to us as “we”. He gets it.
Tom was good and tbf Thomson works with the youth team so Id be upset if he didnt say we

Had to turn the sound down. The crowd noises were doing my head in

He comes away with some ridiculous comments. We’d just gone 3-0 up and Barisic coasted past their RB and he proclaimed that we were attacking against their ‘stubborn defence’. What part of a defence that’s 3-0 down at home in a one off Euro qualifier is stubborn?

I’d prefer it if Clive was on all matches but Thomson is always a great listen.

Thought it was refreshing to hear Tom a real Rangers man and not a commentator with an English accent. That's more so Crocker its aimed at.

He comes away with some ridiculous comments. We’d just gone 3-0 up and Barisic coasted past their RB and he proclaimed that we were attacking against their ‘stubborn defence’. What part of a defence that’s 3-0 down at home in a one off Euro qualifier is stubborn?

I’d prefer it if Clive was on all matches but Thomson is always a great listen.
Where is Clive now? I thought he was a permanent fixture this year!

I have no problem with Tom, he is not the best in the world but he is OK for me.

What I will say is, we never saw multiple shots of managers, subs or people watching from the stand.

I hope that this will get taken note of and the next home game just shows us the action on the pitch.

Half the time he’s not got a clue what’s happening during the game. He was going on about Kent’s chance early in the game and mentioned the pass , the touch and how the defender done well. But never seemed to noticed it was offside , even when the free kick was given to them. Just one example of a few times he’s that busy talking he misses things. Also said Aberdeen were 3-0 down at sporting Lisbon. Mixing up the Motherwell scoreline.

it basically took some poeple to get pissed off with Clive to start liking Tom... i really don't get what all the hassle is about. who cares who is commentating? not once do i sit watching Rangers and my over riding thought is 'ffs this commentator is doing my nut in' (RTV only) nor do i mute the game and watch a match in silence. moan moan moan

He's not the worst but it always takes the game down a notch.
Clive has ruined this for us all he is very very good.

i think Tom has been taking some commentating tips from Clive, he definitely sounded more professional, while also still being a fan with the mic

The stick some of our support give to a proper Rangers man bewilders me. We’ve a cheek to moan about former players having a dig at the people within our club when our support do it more than anyone
Always see threads on here about why no one famous is open about their support for us. Well, with the stick one of our own gets, while commentating on our own games who would bother.

At least he's not pandering to anyone outside our club . He is a rangers man and passionate about the club. I'm not the biggest fan of him but I've nothing against the guy. I prefer listening to Clive tyldsley but his pandering and backtracking to appease the bheasts giving him stick for his commentary on our channel has put me right off him.

Not sure what the point of these threads are as no one is going to change their mind
For me it's much better than the days when he did it with DJ
That was the absolute pits
Now it is just mediocre crap from him
I'd rather listen to a baboon farting for the 90 minutes than his commentary but unfortunately the option is not yet available

I'm not a fan of Tom but I'd say he has improved. But he never shuts up and says the same stuff multiple times. Tonight it was about Alfie equalling Ally's Euro scoring record. We know Tom, we know.

And who cares if one of their players was in the Anderlecht academy? Give your voice a rest for a second or two, there's no dead air to fill.

Back