Tom Miller tonight

I’ve been critical in the past of some of his commentary and lines that haven’t half came back to bite us on the arse

But tonight I thought he was decent so credit where it’s due.

Thomson as always, brilliant to listen to and great to hear him referring to us as “we”. He gets it.
They both do.

A genuine fan and no doubt a nice guy but we are Rangers Football Club not a two bob team or some home made podcast, he is lower tier. Embarrassing to be honest.

It's the equivalent a Man City playing some Stockport player in centre half and not expecting folk to criticise him just because he supports the club

Not for me. The amount of times he cut Thomson off to say something completely irrelevant was getting on my tits.

I'm not a fan of Tom but I'd say he has improved. But he never shuts up and says the same stuff multiple times. Tonight it was about Alfie equalling Ally's Euro scoring record. We know Tom, we know.

And who cares if one of their players was in the Anderlecht academy? Give your voice a rest for a second or two, there's no dead air to fill.
The reason he never shuts up as sometimes he is doing audio commentary at the same time as he’s doing visual commentary

Absolutely nothing wrong with the commentary.

As usual, folk looking (or #should say listening) for a slip up to criticise.

You try talking for 90 mins without a script, make it interesting and insightful. And without any mistakes.

The funniest bit last night was when he was asking thommo about Greegsy and youngsters and he replied ...yeah I’m not sure he’s exactly suited for a coaching role when he gives up:D
Can you imagine him screaming and balling at boys left,right and centre. He’s mental but he’s our mental!

KT as excellent analysis of the game

But I'm sorry, Tom just completely ruins watching the game with his childish, and often completely bizarre comments that make zero sense.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but a good commentator he is not

To his critics, tell you what think about how you would be doing it?
Well at least we know your log in now Tom
Personally don't think the bar for the job should be set as low as random punter posting on FF with no broadcasting experience but so long as you are comfortable with it

To his critics, tell you what think about how you would be doing it?

Is it a voluntary role?

Saying to the layman, 'He's doing it better than you could.', isn't really a logical argument. It could be applied to every single discussion about a football player or manager on here. Compared to other commentators, he's not very good. Him being a Rangers fan doesn't change that.

The club were asking people to pay £9.99 for the game last night. The product should reflect that.

I wonder how many of those critics are actually paying RTV for the service.

I like the wee man, a genuine bluenose and brother and some of the criticism is on a par with what the bheasts give him.
This idea he doesn’t do his homework on the opposition we are playing.last night he was rattling off which clubs some of the Willem players had played for previously.i think he’s really good in bringing KT into the commentary he’ll make an observation on the game he’s watching and say something along the lines “would I be right in suggesting that player a is playing a certain way”

I’ve nothing personal against the guy (apart from the nasal twang, I find that a hard listen), but quite simply is he the best we can find to do that job? Really??

This idea he doesn’t do his homework on the opposition we are playing.last night he was rattling off which clubs some of the Willem players had played for previously.i think he’s really good in bringing KT into the commentary he’ll make an observation on the game he’s watching and say something along the lines “would I be right in suggesting that player a is playing a certain way”
You could cut and paste that info on to a word doc from Wikipedia in 10 mins
Or you could just have Wikipedia open on a lap top in front of you in the press box
It's hardly evidence of working hard at the job

Miller is good, Thomson is horrific it’s the exact same chat every week. Bursting my head.

You could cut and paste that info on to a word doc from Wikipedia in 10 mins
Or you could just have Wikipedia open on a lap top in front of you in the press box
It's hardly evidence of working hard at the job
I get it you can’t stand him,but there a plenty of others who have been paying to watch games on rtv for years like me who are quite happy with his commentary

Buffoon? Embarrassment? I don't understand these comments. I think he's very good, knowledgeable and does his best to add some atmosphere under the circumstances. Thomson's a great guy who knows his stuff but he's a bit monotone and I think Tom would benefit from someone a bit more upbeat beside him.

Miller is good, Thomson is horrific it’s the exact same chat every week. Bursting my head.
M-3mMkWEPInZlti3VX6Hw2vNIfv4VSt-xYSmFGYK8YpHw2nebSeG0DVKtMI1YqMWykrCK2qu2fnTrV74RA92Ia3Lq22tiLzg9tpjCRLUyn_WZnCW12377Haji8GKWmIvQfhY3zOAzOR7F6BQ5B5m9PhDqhfaRGCjBEc

I thought the commentary from both Tom and Kevin was spot on. Two guys who love the club and try their best to articulate the action as best they see it. I especially like the inside info you get from Thomson being a coach.

As a club we’ve enough haters so we should be supporting the good guys who are part of our own.

Half the time he’s not got a clue what’s happening during the game. He was going on about Kent’s chance early in the game and mentioned the pass , the touch and how the defender done well. But never seemed to noticed it was offside , even when the free kick was given to them. Just one example of a few times he’s that busy talking he misses things. Also said Aberdeen were 3-0 down at sporting Lisbon. Mixing up the Motherwell scoreline.

Maybe down to that he isn't actually at the stadium and commentating off the same stream that we were all watching? Suspect it's easier to notice these things at a game.

I don't mind him at times and others he does annoy me but quite easy just to concentrate on the game itself. Tyldsley was doing the super cup for CBS last night think he will be back however for Ross County game as he said he would be back in October.

Maybe down to that he isn't actually at the stadium and commentating off the same stream that we were all watching? Suspect it's easier to notice these things at a game.

I don't mind him at times and others he does annoy me but quite easy just to concentrate on the game itself. Tyldsley was doing the super cup for CBS last night think he will be back however for Ross County game as he said he would be back in October.
Can’t blame the circumstances because he’s guilty of it at the best of times.

Back