Tomas Soucek Defends Ondrej Kudela Against 'Absurd' 10-Match Ban From UEFA After Glen Kamara Clash

Shankillglenmen

West Ham star Tomas Soucek has staunchly defended fellow Czech Republic teammate Ondrej Kudela after calling his 10-match ban "absurd."
Kudela was handed down the punishment after he was found guilty of racially abusing Rangers midfielder Glen Kamaraduring Slavia Prague's last-16 Europa League tie at the Ibrox in March.The 34-year-old Czech centre-back appealed against the 10-match ban, but UEFA dismissed his appeal in May as they upheld its finding of "racist behaviour."

Kudela will miss out on Euro 2020 after he was left out of the Czech Republic's squad for the competition, but he would have been ineligible to play due to the ban.
The Czech Republic will begin their Euro 2020 campaign on Monday against Scotland at Hampden Park.
Ahead of the clash, Soucek defended the Slavia Prague player by insisting that he knows "him so well that I can't imagine him saying anything racist."
The 26-year-old Hammers midfielder told iDNES: "At West Ham, everyone asked me about it and why he said it [to Kamara].
"And I fought for Ondrej all the time. I believe that he did not tell him anything racist, no-one proved anything about him.
"Yet a lot of people in the UK condemned him and he received a heavy sentence of 10 matches from UEFA. I found it absurd. I know him so well that I can't imagine him saying anything racist.
"I see how sensitive the British are to racism every day. Two cultures collide because we think a little differently than they do.

"Of course, it's right they want to fight racism, but sometimes they go to such extremes that, in my opinion, it's counterproductive.
"It's hard for me to understand and I tell myself that when they go looking for racism in everything they can never get rid of it completely. On the contrary, they are harming themselves.
Our little girl goes to nursery here and when she goes to draw something on a blackboard, she can't say that the blackboard is black or white -- both could be interpreted as racism.
"Slowly, one is afraid to say anything so as not to offend or slander someone. And I think that's wrong."
Scotland have announced that players will not take the knee against England or any of the other teams that they face at Euro 2020 this summer.
It comes after England manager Gareth Southgate claimed that the Three Lions were "more than ever determined to take the knee through this tournament."
Soucek has claimed that players won't take the knee before matches in the new Premier League season, saying it does not have "much of the original impact anymore."
The Czech Republic international explained: "We've been doing it all season, but it will probably be cancelled before the next one as it doesn't have much of the original impact anymore.
"There are more fights here, we recently boycotted social networks for five days to show that we are against discrimination and insults on the internet.
"But it's like everything -- an interesting gesture that will attract attention, but will it help anything? That's the question."

"I see how sensitive the British are to racism every day. Two cultures collide because we think a little differently than they do.”

What a fucking ridiculous thing to say, I presume that’s lost in translation? If not, he’s essentially saying Racism is an accepted part of Czech culture

Be a shame if he got a career ender tbh

"I see how sensitive the British are to racism every day. Two cultures collide because we think a little differently than they do.”

What a fucking ridiculous thing to say, I presume that’s lost in translation? If not, he’s essentially saying Racism is an accepted part of Czech culture

They think it’s a British colonial issue and they have never partaken in it. Try telling the Jews.

"I see how sensitive the British are to racism every day. Two cultures collide because we think a little differently than they do.

Yes we do think differently. We think anyone calling a player of colour a “fucking monkey” is as despicable an act as you can get

where as you and your fellow Czechs (as proven by the racist abuse to our players of colour on social media think racism is an ok part of life

Just another racist wanker that thinks its ok to call a player a monkey, am glad am different to him and his racist team mates

I think, given the abuse dished out to Kamara (and Roofe) on social media, as well as the constant victim blaming coming out of the Czech Republic, that was an apparent fact even prior to Soucek's admission.

I even had a "debate" with a Czech who said that open racism wasn't accepted in Czech Republic. He had no reply when I said, well perhaps its more accepted to hide it via a cupped ear.

Racists scum!

Thank phuck i am different to them
That’s right mate, we’re Rangers!
Ask all the players currently playing for us who are another religion, race or sexual orientation if they think it’s ok here? Resounding yes? Phuck yes:))

Back