Tomer Hemed (not a transfer rumour)

Dave_1872_9

Currently playing for charlton vs millwall
Was that the guy years ago that knocked us back for the epl?

Yeah, McCoist was keen to get him in but I believe he chose Real Mallorca instead.

We were linked to some good players that summer, obviously we know why we missed out on them now but with Hemed, Cuellar, Conway, Juhasz etc being linked, we could have had a great squad.

Yeah, McCoist was keen to get him in but I believe he chose Real Mallorca instead.

We were linked to some good players that summer, obviously we know why we missed out on them now but with Hemed, Cuellar, Conway, Juhasz etc being linked, we could have had a great squad.
They were all linked and Whyte said we had a "Warchest" to spend the lady's front bottom

Goodwillie too, I think. We offered half the fee that Utd wanted.

Roland Juhasz. That’s some shout, totally forgot about that, was convinced it was a done deal.

Don't forget Goodwillie and Neil Dannes

Weird that you say that because I was thinking tonight while watching Atletico while playing Mallorca that we were interested in Aleksandar Trajkovski and reminded me of Hemed. It would have to be around the same time unless I'm making it up.

Danns that played on the wing for Bolton and Birmingham? Can’t recall him ever being linked with us.

Double checked there, yep we did. Some squad if it worked out. Definitely would have had the league sewn up and possibly qualified for Europe.

RANGERS have lost out to Championship side Leicester City in the race to sign Crystal Palace star Neil Danns.
The 28-year-old midfielder penned a three-year deal with the Foxes today just days after holding talks with the SPL champions.

Danns was identified as a signing target by Gers boss Ally McCoist last month. As recently as Saturday McCoist said he was hopeful of making the player his first major signing since taking over from Walter Smith.

But Danns has snubbed a move to Ibrox in favour of the English second tier.
It follows Gers' failed bids for Maccabi Haifa striker Tomer Hemed, who moved to Real Mallorca, and Dundee United ace Craig Conway, who has signed for Cardiff City.

A loan move for Arsenal's Kyle Bartley also hangs in the balance while another target, Dundee United striker David Goodwillie, is close to following his Tannadice team mate Conway to Cardiff.

Double checked there, yep we did. Some squad if it worked out. Definitely would have had the league sewn up and possibly qualified for Europe.

Rangers have lost out to Championship side Leicester City in the race to sign Crystal Palace star Neil Danns.
The 28-year-old midfielder penned a three-year deal with the Foxes today just days after holding talks with the SPL champions.

Danns was identified as a signing target by Gers boss Ally McCoist last month. As recently as Saturday McCoist said he was hopeful of making the player his first major signing since taking over from Walter Smith.

But Danns has snubbed a move to Ibrox in favour of the English second tier.
It follows Gers' failed bids for Maccabi Haifa striker Tomer Hemed, who moved to Real Mallorca, and Dundee United ace Craig Conway, who has signed for Cardiff City.

A loan move for Arsenal's Kyle Bartley also hangs in the balance while another target, Dundee United striker David Goodwillie, is close to following his Tannadice team mate Conway to Cardiff.

Oh happy days.

I remember really wanting Conway because he seemed like a proper old fashioned winger, but grabbed a few goals too.

I remember being linked with all these guys and thinking that it was our central midfield that really needed a boost. Not long after we were linked with Murray Davidson.:oops:

Back