Tomorrow then - All eyes on Paisley

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you genuinely believe we can go ahead and sing whatever we want tomorrow then I honestly don't see the point in replying to you.
Other than bad press, there's nothing that can get done to the Club if the Billy Boys is sung tomorrow.

It would be an own goal to sing it tomorrow, but I'll reiterate that domestically we can't currently be punished for signing 'bad' songs.

Fans can sing it domestically as there's no strict liability.

In Europe, it's totally different.

If we sing it - especially now - you can rest assured Strict Liability will be just around the corner. And it will be applied as ‘fairly’ as the FARE policy on who to report. Time for common sense and realism.

Other than bad press, there's nothing that can get done to the Club if the Billy Boys is sung tomorrow.

It would be an own goal to sing it tomorrow, but I'll reiterate that domestically we can't currently be punished for signing 'bad' songs.
If you don't believe they'll fast track a new ruling into hurt us your deluded if its sung tomorrow there will be huge pressure on the sfa/spl to take some sort of action

If we sing it - especially now - you can rest assured Strict Liability will be just around the corner. And it will be applied as ‘fairly’ as the FARE policy on who to report. Time for common sense and realism.
Strict liability will never happen in Scotland. It's an absolute minefield and will never work.

3 of 42 Clubs are in favour - Partick, Queen of the South and Dumbarton.

Strict liability will never happen in Scotland. It's an absolute minefield and will never work.

In the wake of this week if they hold a vote on Monday that would change dramatically.

However, the real issue here is that these songs have no place inside Ibrox in the modern era. We have to move on.

Last edited:
In the wake if this week if they hold a vote on Monday that would change dramatically.

However, the real issue here is that these songs have no place inside Ibrox in the modern era. We have to move on.
It wouldn't as it would affect far too many sides.

Regardless if you think they have a place or not, there's nothing that can be done to us currently domestically if they are sung.

It wouldn't as it would affect far too many sides.

Regardless if you think they have a place or not, there's nothing that can be done to us currently domestically if they are sung.
Do you really believe any club other than Rangers would be punished?

How can they justify deducting points?

The bheggars started their shite before a ball was even kicked this season - 19th Century Terrorist army banner. It's carried on since then, they were in full flow at Fir Park, it will be exactly the same tomorrow at the chamber of secrets.

Hibs sang, cheer up Steven Gerrard... a few weeks ago and not a peep.

If they even think about deducting points from us and our club fail to act, refuse to accept it, then I am done.

I think the pressure will come politically this season. While I d
Life bans then. It's the only way.

Its got that serious. Still not convinced the penny has dropped for some.

Gerrard is obviously pissed of with all this as well. He genuinely sounds gutted a total side show we can do without. But one that could heavily define our season

If only we were punished, we could fight it.

No top-flight Club wants anything to do with strict liability as they know it would also affect them.
We could, but we'd lose. This is Scottish football we're talking about. They make the rules up as they go along when it comes to punishing Rangers. Mark my words, we beat the filth next week and TBB is sung, the cries for points to be deducted will be deafening. We need to wisen up and stop giving them exactly what they want. They will be delighted if we sing it.

Apart from anything else it would be advisable to get into good practice re getting rid of these songs - if we get used to it in league games it shoukd become second nature for the hard of thinking

Strict Liability will not be brought in .Why ? because The mentally challengeds are strongly opposed to it , and we all know what the knewdome don't want doesn't happen.
Doesn't matter if the fans sing Christmas carols all game on Sunday the press will find something to make us the big bad Rangers ,Christ they even went to the journalistic depths of reporting on Rangers hoodlums kicking over sand castles last year

Thread number 900 on the same thing.

I think it’s pathetic that we cant have a bit of common sense about us and just don’t song anything that will come back and bite us on the arse.

Anybody that does tomorrow , or any time going forward is a fucking arsehole.

We could, but we'd lose. This is Scottish football we're talking about. They make the rules up as they go along when it comes to punishing Rangers. Mark my words, we beat the filth next week and TBB is sung, the cries for points to be deducted will be deafening. We need to wisen up and stop giving them exactly what they want. They will be delighted if we sing it.
We have avenues of fighting it domestically, but in Europe we haven't.

Strict liability will never happen in Scotland as it simply wouldn't work.

I can think of a couple of my son's mates who don't ever read a newspaper ( no blame intended) who are aware of this forum - but never read it & who are probably unaware of the real details & implications of the penalty imposed on us

I don't know if they've got tickets tomorrow - but part of me hopes they don't -

I'm not slagging them - generally they're decent enough & certainly no better or worse when I was at that age - early to mid 20's - I think

But realistically speaking - they won't even know that they're maybe meant to screw the nut tomorrow -
I'm sure they'll be others in the same boat -

I don't expect this to be an instant process - even if it ever gets as far as being a process - so I fear the worst with another mheeja frenzy in full-on mode for Monday's papers

Tomorrow will be another nail in the coffin, in our support attending away games. The haters desperately wants us punished for our song book, and we keep giving them the amnunition. The club will be left with no alternative but to stop taking our away allocation, unless there is an immediate halt to certain songs. It's been coming for ages, no away fans and some small clubs will suffer the consequences for it.

I’m honestly terrified the idiots within our support are going to ruin us in the coming games. They just don’t seem to possess the mental capacity to understand the damage they’re going to do to us.

The state of some people on this thread. We’ve all had our say - some songs will disappear now for a wee while. Start supporting your own.

Last edited:
You live in a fantasy world. Strict liability will be used to punish one club and one club only. And you better believe it's coming if the songs continue.
I’m with you. We have them belting out their poison week in week out and not a peep. This whole scenario has been long in the making and uefa have merely opened the door and said to the SFA and the SPFL - “the floor is now yours Peter”. They can sing whatever they want. One more game with songs and we’ll start to see exactly how we’ll be pegged back this year and anyone not feeling it now needs to have a big think.

can we trust the buckfast/cocaine loyal not to sing we are rangers/tbb or any add ons?

And to think it might be our own fans and not Craig Whyte that could kill our club.

Fucking morons.

This is becoming tedious. 3 points all that matters, and it will be all that matters until strict liability is enforced (unlikely). F*ck the Scottish media.

You mean “all mentally challenged eyes on tomorrow” don’t you? But the club will do fk all as usual about demanding a fair and open field. They’ll just apply grease to the arseholes of the fans for the inevitable arseraping (and no I’m not condoning Bb or FTP) before someone gets their panties in a twist.

Of course he won't, easy to say it on a forum though.

By all means lets have a conversation over this but nonsense like that helps no one.

How does the conversation go though?

Rangers: Stop singing songs that are damaging our club!

Support: We will find out soon enough. I live in hope that we will heed the warning.

It must be exemplary behaviour tomorrow or the SPL will jump on the bandwagon and deduct points. This is a testing time for our club. Three points a must tomorrow. WATP!

And when we're deducted points and expelled from the Europa League?

Because if this continues, that's where we're ultimately headed.

But hey, as long as people can sing their songs. Who cares about Rangers?

Where did I say I didn't care about Rangers? It's a massive over reaction from everyone.

If people in our support were so concerned as they claim by songs damaging the club then why didn't they speak up before and try and make changes? Usual knee jerk reaction pish speak up once something happens.

I

Well Partick for a start will be phucked their little band of di**s sing about F**k the Queen in one of their dittys

I get the impression some on here will be like obsessed yahoos despretly listening out for any naughty songs well two in particular.why not try and concentrate on the game because that’s all that really matters tommorow.
It does seem we have a number of our fans who seem intent on getting our own fans into trouble.

I think some people are going to be surprised at how hard the club is going to come down on people who continue to tarnish its name. They've asked people to stop singing songs that harm the club. Not stop singing them in Europe only, stop completely.

I get the impression some on here will be like obsessed yahoos despretly listening out for any naughty songs well two in particular.why not try and concentrate on the game because that’s all that really matters tommorow.

Some people love taking the moral high ground.

Won’t be me, I’d feel like too much of a hypocrite. If we do sing certain songs tomorrow then it will only be guys doing what we’ve all done, gone to an away game with mates, had a few drinks and a sing song.

It’s so ingrained in the culture that it’s just part and parcel of following Rangers. A culture, by the way, that we’ve all contributed to in some way. I think people should remember that before the inevitable finger pointing.

Some people love taking the moral high ground.

Won’t be me, I’d feel like too much of a hypocrite. If we do sing certain songs tomorrow then it will only be guys doing what we’ve all done, gone to an away game with mates, had a few drinks and a sing song.

It’s so ingrained in the culture that it’s just part and parcel of following Rangers. A culture, by the way, that we’ve all contributed to in some way. I think people should remember that before the inevitable finger pointing.

Cracking post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back