Tomorrow then - All eyes on Paisley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people love taking the moral high ground.

Won’t be me, I’d feel like too much of a hypocrite. If we do sing certain songs tomorrow then it will only be guys doing what we’ve all done, gone to an away game with mates, had a few drinks and a sing song.

It’s so ingrained in the culture that it’s just part and parcel of following Rangers. A culture, by the way, that we’ve all contributed to in some way. I think people should remember that before the inevitable finger pointing.
What has really annoyed me over the last day or two is the idea that we haven’t cleaned up our song book.i started going regularly to games in the early 80’s.my first cup final was 1981 and it was dubbed the Bobby sands final as we celebrated his death from start to finish.people complain about the mention of him in fathers advice but don’t acknowledge that we haven’t sang the chicken supper song for decades.i sang a lot worse back then than you will ever hear nowadays and thousands of us did.i will never be a hypocrite and point the finger at our younger support such as the union bears who by and large come up with new rangers songs when we were singing about “hating Roman Catholics” at the piggery and shooting 19th Century Terrorist Huns for walking on the queens high way.look at the video of the 1984 league cup final and how loud here lies a soldier is.
I really don’t think it’s as bad as some are making out,it’s a handful at best that’s the problem and I am confident that our support will drop them as we did it before.

I think some people are going to be surprised at how hard the club is going to come down on people who continue to tarnish its name. They've asked people to stop singing songs that harm the club. Not stop singing them in Europe only, stop completely.

I think you’ll be surprised how quickly this is forgotten about.

The gaffer needs to get and keep the players focus on the games and forget about off field affairs as enemies of US will be looking for us to falter and take great pleasure in the possibility of dropping points.

We must make sure they don't get any pleasure whatsoever.

Eyes on the unwashed game too . Let’s see the songbook , banners they produce tomorrow

If you don’t fight back hard then the media etc will continue to tell the masses how bad we are

%^*& them, %^*& whatever they do, let's screw the nut. Win our games and dont give our haters any ammo.

If it's sung tomorrow, we'll refuse away tickets. The Club cannot allow momentum to gather over this issue.
Exactly.
If The SPL threaten us with points deduction then the club simply say they aren't accepting ANY away tickets and if fans acquire them elsewhere then those clubs are responsible.
This dissolves the club of responsibility AND hopefully financially affects those that hate us.

Here's hoping it doesnt come to that and our away support do us proud.

All we can do is cross our fingers that the morons keep the F words, TBBs firmly at home.

I hope this passes, but at this time thats all it is, hope.

Keep the dirge for the pub. Not wanted at RFC.
Calling our fans morons great stuff mate . Find it bemusing the way this is going . Fans who have sang these songs are morons ? Give me peace . I’m sure the below video was posted after the killie game on here and I don’t recall one bit of condemnation . Yet now any fan that has sang these songs are morons . Also been strange chat on here about it being a minority . Doesn’t seem like that to me when tbb’s is sung at games two v them at Ibrox last season perfect examples .

I’ll put my hands up to being at all three and singing said songs and to be honest loving it . I’m sure most like me were brought up signing the songs from a young age and believe 19th Century Terrorist = Celtic fan .

However I’ll be there today and I’m fully aware the above argument isn’t one we’re ever going to win , and hope our fans show exactly why WATP and all we’re talking about tomorrow is a great Rangers win .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back