Tomorrow v Hearts - I would play Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Skinner

Official Ticketer
Let's be positive and set the tone. What a statement it would be (if it isnt working change at ht).

And the gaffer might do it, both have had 90 minutes in the past 8 days. Personally i think it will be flanno but wouldn't be surprised at Patterson.

Flanagan for me. Patterson might suit our attacking style but has not been tested yet defensively. Don’t fancy finding out the hard way tomorrow, just in case. Plenty of time for his chance when we get this league won.

I'd also play Patterson but there's no chance Gerrard will. He played Flanagan on Wednesday with a view to also playing him against Hearts.

At this stage I don’t think Gerrard will play him away to Hearts. If it didn’t work out consider the effect it could have, not only on the Player, but also on others in the the youth set up.

Should he continue to improve his time will come.

Aye f*ck it, just change it at half time if he's getting torn a new arsehole. It's only Football Manager 2020, not like it's real life and you've got his confidence to think about or anything :))

Serious question?....

You think this is a realistic scenario?

Who starts Flanagan or Patterson? I would love the young bear to start to push his career on but... if the Gaffer starts with Flanagan so be it. He knows better than me.

I would also play him, but Flanagan getting game time against St Mirren means he is starting against Hearts

If Gerrard couldn't trust him to play at home to St Mirren i dont see any chance he plays away to Hearts.

It's why it's so frustrating that Flanagan started mid week, was a perfect chance to bed him in against top flight opposition and see how he does

On what grounds mate, if you don't mind me asking.

probably because he has far more experience and we are playing what will likely be a tough match at Tynecastle

we know what we will get with Flanagan tomorrow and it should be enough to secure a win.

patterson may be a star in the making but tomorrow isn’t the time to see if that’s the case

Hearts put a 16 year old boy in who bossed the 'best midfielder in Scotland' and destroyed a team that hadn't lost in 68 straight games. Meanwhile we are afraid to play good young players because of the pressure to win.

I'd have played Patterson against st midden to see how he was progressing.

Now that the gaffer has played Flanno, I can't see him playing Patto against Heartso

I would play Patterson for a number of reasons

....energy and attacking intent didn't the right side. With Flanagan we is no threat there and defences know it. They can overload against Kent and Barasic.

....balance. if they don't know where the threat will emerge they have to spread their defence. It's also more of a like for like swap. Aribo isn't a quick player who can overlap and take a man for pace. Tav is. And so is Patterson.

The future. You want our best kids to stay? Show some faith.

Defoe. He isn't Alfredo. He can't hold the ball up against a back 5 himself. We need bodies up the pitch. Flanagan doesn't cross the halfway line. Patterson does.

Belief. The support will get behind Patterson. They want to see him in there and doing well. Flanagan makes a mistake and it will be negative shouts right away.

Ceiling. Patterson could go on to be our regular right back. Flanagan never will.

Last edited:
It will be Flanagan - Hearts will be big and physical against us and we need robust defenders, Gerrard seems to prefer to play it safe. After all Flanagan is meant to be our back up RB when Tav is outing has played there in Europe.

Gaffer must think he’s not ready yet hence why he gave Flanagan the game time on Wednesday. He sees them both in training so I’ll trust his judgement :))

Exactly mate...worrying amount of our fans seem to think real Football is like fucking Football Manager :))

I think i'll just trust Champions league winner Steven Gerrard, Gary Mac & master tactician Michael Beale.

All depends on the team setup tomorrow, I think he will go for Flanagan and see how the game progresses.

I would play Patterson for a number of reasons

....energy and attacking intent didn't the right side. With Flanagan we are no threat there and defences know it. They can overload against Kent and Barasic.

....balance. if they don't know where the threat will emerge they have to spread their defence. It's also more of a like for like swap. Aribo isn't a quick player who can overlap and take a man for pace. Tav is. And so is Patterson.

The future. You want our best kid to stay? Show some faith.

Defoe. He isn't Alfredo. He can't hold the ball up against a back 5 himself. We need bodies up the pitch. Flanagan doesn't cross the halfway line. Patterson does.

Belief. The support will get behind Patterson. They want to see him in there and doing well. Flanagan makes a mistake and it will be negative shouts right away.

Ceiling. Flanagan could go on to be our regular right back. Flanagan never will.
Done well til the end mate

He's been caught between the ch's and the midfield on a regular basis. If you genuinely believe that he is the best option then lets just leave it at that .

I'd play the young lad Patterson because Flanagan is a weak link at RB and he didn't look too good midweek against St Mirren.

Flanagan just isn’t very good but he will play tomorrow. Whether you agree with it or not that will be the outcome IMO. I would prefer Patterson but Gerrard would’ve started him on Wednesday if he was to play tomorrow. Just got to get behind Flanagan and the team regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back