Tomorrow v Hearts - I would play Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason Patterson can't come on last 20 if we are struggling to break them down. I'd start Flanagan though.

Thankfully we have a management team who know the players inside out and will manage their progress and avoid just chucking them into games that could ruin young players and our title challenge.

Let’s be honest here this title race is going go right down to the wire... No matter how good our youth players are, ( and by looks of it, there are a few) they ain’t going to get much game time as the gaffer is always going to go for experience..

I haven’t seen near enough of Patterson to say if he should play ahead of Flanagan and I’d guess that’s probably true of the majority of posters on this thread including those advocating playing him. What I do know is if he is played, and we lose the game due to something he did wrong, SG will be getting ripped apart, probably from the same people advocating starting him.

There will be a time and place to play him. It’s not Tynecastle where a defeat could ultimately cost us the league the way things are panning out.

Id rather not take unnecessary gambles. Coahing team will know how is best to play in this game but i would be nervous about starting a young player unnecessarily on the strength of a good performance angainst stranraer

If Patterson had any hope of playing, Gerrard would have started him against St Mirren.

It will be Flanagan. He will be fine. Probably booked though.

He looks a better attacking option than Flanagan based on his display in Dubai and v Stranraer.
Agree but how many have seen him have to actually defend a lot. I've been to the home Euro games and he hasn't had to defend much then either. Outstanding attacking though!

With the way things have panned out and with Flannagan getting game time mid week, he should start. Seems to take a while to get up to speed but hopefully puts in a solid shift.

Patterson is going to be some player if he keeps progressing the way he has, however i feel today is a game for older heads

I'd like to know how many times everyone on here who wants the boy to start has seen him playing, unless you're a regular visitor to the HTC you haven't seen that much of him to be picking him for a game at tynecastle.

Hearts put a 16 year old boy in who bossed the 'best midfielder in Scotland' and destroyed a team that hadn't lost in 68 straight games. Meanwhile we are afraid to play good young players because of the pressure to win.
Don’t know about the first part but the second part is correct.
It‘s as simple as that.

I haven’t seen near enough of Patterson to say if he should play ahead of Flanagan and I’d guess that’s probably true of the majority of posters on this thread including those advocating playing him. What I do know is if he is played, and we lose the game due to something he did wrong, SG will be getting ripped apart, probably from the same people advocating starting him.

There will be a time and place to play him. It’s not Tynecastle where a defeat could ultimately cost us the league the way things are panning out.

100% this unless there are some Uber staunch folk that watch all the youth games I would guess they have barely seen Patterson.

I wouldn’t start him tomorrow, we’ve already dropped points at Tynecastle this season and no manager in their right mind would throw in a prospect in such a dangerous game.

The boy will get his chance but it won’t be tomorrow.

Flanagan for me,experiance.tommorow is our gauntlet.walk away with the points and el buffalo will take care of the rest.

This is the time to keep the back door closed, we got a roasting last time there in the first half. Flanagan starts for me,if we are coasting then give the young boy a run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back