Tonight’s game postponed

Classic scotshit cup stuff.Wee shiity teams with crap grounds usually have 3 or 4 games off regularly at this time of year.We need a winter break from november to april then a game every 2 days to catch up.
That would stop postponements at the last minute and allow teams to fulfil friendly arrangements to Japan.

Disappointed as I was looking forward to it. Shame for the Bears who had already set out, thankfully my bus wasn't leaving until 6 so we weren't on the way there.

A game arranged for a winters night in January that doesn’t have undersoil heating, in fact is probably not the best surface around and it’s postponed, who possibly seen that happening?
Certainly not the geniuses who arrange these sort of fixtures.

Ok say no winter break and the schedule was this

w/e 5th League
w/e 12th League
w/e 19th Scottish Cup

Weather permitting then the games either go ahead or don't

Yes I know the SFA schedule the Scottish for the 1st weekend in January but it used to the last weekend

Agreed.

If you can't take care of your pitch, the thing that you kind of need to play a game of football on, then just stop running a football club, shut it down.

Stop wasting money on shit players and staff, there is equipment you can buy that will get the games on if you really want them to be.

Pathetic from top to bottom.

They are in the third tier of Scottish football. I doubt they have the money to buy such equipment, and they certainly should not be expected to not spend money on players just on the off chance it is frost once or twice every year.

Further to that, the cowdenbeath manager says that they should have played the game and it was Rangers officials and the SFA that wanted the referee to inspect the pitch again.

The break is in place to benefit the players.

They shouldn’t need a break.

Every single league in Britain carries on as normal other than the top league in Scotland.

Our players are going to be even more fûcked after playing twice a week for the next month than they would if they had just played two of they games over the previous two free weekends.

It’s nonsense and needs scrapped.

Pish news

The only slight positive is that it will no doubt cost Cowdenbeath some money and piss off that pr1ck Donald Findlay

Good to know they're going to chance it in 12 days on the same pitch at the exact same kick off time, bet it will feel like you're in Dubai then. Fixtures like this should have a reverse option that if the team cant provide a pitch to play on the away team hosts the match.
Forecast for the next 10 days or so is more of the same.

They shouldn’t need a break.

Every single league in Britain carries on as normal other than the top league in Scotland.

Our players are going to be even more fûcked after playing twice a week for the next month than they would if they had just played two of they games over the previous two free weekends.

It’s nonsense and needs scrapped.

We played 38 games. I'd be interested as to whether any other team had played as many.

Don't think we'll be the only game called off this weekend.

It was always likely, Cowdenbeath are a part time outfit with basic facilities, not a lot more they could have done.

Very frustrating.

I'll take Gerrard and the players word that the break was well needed rather than yours.

I didn’t specifically mean Rangers players, I was referring to the the top division in Scotland apparently needing a break whilst every other league in Britain carries on as normal.

We are now going to play 6 games in 2.5 weeks as a result of our league shutting down.

Just my opinion but I don’t think there’s any need for it when at least 2 of those games could have been played during the last 2 weekends.

Reactions: TN8
Oh well, that's 4 hours journey time and a few spondooliks I won't get back but the safety of players is paramount. We have enough misfortune with injuries without inviting more.

Back home now and cracking some cans. C'est la vie.

I didn’t specifically mean Rangers players, I was referring to the the top division in Scotland apparently needing a break whilst every other league in Britain carries on as normal.

We are now going to play 6 games in 2.5 weeks as a result of our league shutting down.

Just my opinion but I don’t think there’s any need for it when at least 2 of those games could have been played during the last 2 weekends.
Don’t think there’s any doubt that a break mid season is the way forward, but the way they work it by cramming games in December and rushing midweek games immediately after it nullifies it

Don’t think there’s any doubt that a break mid season is the way forward, but the way they work it by cramming games in December and rushing midweek games immediately after it nullifies it

Yet December played no part in the winter break bar 1 game

Could be a blessing. Davis and Defoe in particular are used to pristine pitches all year round so avoiding that disgusting pitch tonight means they are injury free for Killie.

Which is also by no means a pristine pitch.

I was about to ask this.
Snow was forecast for tonight in fife.
Would the game have been completed, and more importantly would our supporters have made it home ok.
Could have been a huge party;) at Jollybotanists place tonight.:))

There may have been a lot of sore arses in the morning if that were the case, I fear.

Back