Tonight’s red card call and how they arrived at it

Sir Walter

We must seek clarification on how the decision was reached

This is similar to the tims and Dougie McDonald at Tannadice and he was hounded by them due to it

We must come out and seek clarification on who made the call to change his mind and why did it take about 3/4 minutes to do so

If there’s any suspiciousness to it, we must lay down a marker and demand the ref is sacked

We were awful but that’s a separate matter to tonight’s red card incident

There can now be no doubt that refereeing in this country involving us, is now corrupt. That would never have happened at the bheastdome

We must seek clarification on how the decision was reached

This is similar to the tims and Dougie McDonald at Tannadice and he was hounded by them due to it

We must come out and seek clarification on who made the call to change his mind and why did it take about 3/4 minutes to do so

If there’s any suspiciousness to it, we must lay down a marker and demand the ref is sacked

We were awful but that’s a separate matter to tonight’s red card incident

There can now be no doubt that refereeing in this country involving us, is now corrupt. That would never have happened at the bheastdome
It was fcukin unreal what happened tonight
I’ve been watching football for 40 odd years and I have never seen anything like that ever

Someone has got to Answer for that farce tonight from the sfa

We as a club should demand an answer as that was not normal

The 4th official saw a replay and illegally told the ref to send Jack off on the basis of it. Nothing surer.

How else could it have happened?

I’m sure the referee’s report will comment on the 4th officials 20/20 telescopic vision that just happened to be looking at Ryan Jack through Kirk Broadfoot’s back though.

The 4th official saw a replay and illegally told the ref to send Jack off on the basis of it. Nothing surer.

How else could it have happened?

I’m sure the referee’s report will comment on the 4th officials 20/20 telescopic vision that just happened to be looking at Ryan Jack through Kirk Broadfoot’s back though.
Where would the 4th official be able to watch a replay, is there a screen near the dug out?

Where would the 4th official be able to watch a replay, is there a screen near the dug out?

I don’t know to be honest mate, I can’t see any other logical explanation given the length of time that was taken though.

I thought if ref makes decision that it's a yellow card then that's final and decision can't be changed. I'm not sure but I've never seen that happen before.

I seem to be on my own with this, I'm sure it was his second booking of the night and Ref forgot to issue Red.

The whole farce would never have happened if he just stood by his decision to award penalty and not be badgered in to speaking to an assistant whom he guided all night.
4 minutes he flagged about causing mayhem.

I seem to be on my own with this, I'm sure it was his second booking of the night and Ref forgot to issue Red.

The whole farce would never have happened if he just stood by his decision to award penalty and not be badgered in to speaking to an assistant whom he guided all night.

I can only remember Tav being booked for us.

It was a red card. Jack was an idiot. End of. We are starting to sound like them. The ref made a mistake and corrected it.
It was not the reason we missed a penalty or win a game.
The big picture is the lack of leadership on and off the pitch.

A red card for what?

It was a red card. Jack was an idiot. End of. We are starting to sound like them. The ref made a mistake and corrected it.

There is another big picture in terms of refereeing, though.

There are plenty of threads that address Caixinha and the players.

Let's make this clear. Jacks red was upgraded by the ref from a yellow due to the 4th officials intervention.

The ref was 10 yards away and saw the incident first hand.

The 4th official was 50 yards away. I have no evidence of how good or bad his view was.

These are the facts

He probably got pretty close to the TV monitor to be fair.

A screw job of the highest order.

Officials were a shambles right through the game, again. Doesn't even surprise me anymore. Blatant offside and ball going out of play for a corner missed by the Main Stand side linesman tonight too.

I thought he had been booked too. this was my initial thought but the commentators never mentioned it.

Why was killie player not booked for foul that led to penalty?

Why did ref allow killie players to delay spot kick without booking them ?

The above was before Jack got involved in anything.

Serious questions need asked about the referee tonight.

Two yellows??? Only Tav got a booking tonight

Push to chest, yellow card (as per Herrera at weekend)

Everything else that follows resulting in Jack leaving the pitch has no precedence (punished twice for same offence / 4th official involvement) and is just wrong (back to original point, it's a fecking push to the chest- yellow card)

I've honestly never seen anything like this I never all my years.
Surely it can't be a booking and a straight red ffs?

I've honestly never seen anything like this I never all my years.
Surely it can't be a booking and a straight red ffs?
Nearly 40 years watching football and I have never seen anything like this, how can you get a yellow card and a red card for the same incident? Does he just remove the booking? Surely now tv evidence must be used in all incidents in all games ?

Just when you think you have seen it all,along comes Muir. Its like they are all trying to out do each other.
Over 50 years and never seen such a clusterfuxx of ongoing decisions like this season

So has jack now had a yellow card & a straight red card as well, For the same offence.

Fk i canny keep up wi the clusterfck that is SCOTTISH REFEREEING.

SFA... CORRUPT TO THE CORE.

The thing that troubles me is I believe the 4th official must have used video to come to his conclusion given how much further he was from the incident than the ref. Also the only video that was shown was from behind Broadfoot where it appears Jack kicked out at him. However given Broodfoot was deliberately stamping on Jack in could just as easily have been Jack snapping his leg back to pull away from the stomp. The linesman would therefore have had the best view of what happened.

If it was the 4th officials call, and he made it on the basis of TV pictures, we really need to fight this tooth and nail. Not only is video evidence not in play in Scottish football, it also doesnt consist of a single camera angle alone

I’m fed up with this threads about referees tbh.

I get that the decision tonight was stupid and I completely agree with those that say we’ve been on the end of some ridiculous decision making from officials this season but ffs, demanding the club do something every single time a decision goes against us is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

Jacks stupid as for big Kirk an ex Rangers man acting like that is a disgrace. However Jack reacted and gotbwhat was deserved. However the boy who done Dorrans should have been booked later was which shoukd have meant 10 men and 0-1 down. Needs to be highlighted but also shows that Pedro has no luck which means he has to go.

I’m fed up with this threads about referees tbh.

I get that the decision tonight was stupid and I completely agree with those that say we’ve been on the end of some ridiculous decision making from officials this season but ffs, demanding the club do something everyday single time a decision goes against us is just ridiculous.

Do we just allow this nonsense to keep happening every game?

From my understanding of a Ref and his teams job, it should be on the stop no retrospective decisions until the compliance officer puts in his report? So if it’s true that the 4 official seen replay does that not break the rules?

A team like Rangers who try and play football in a league full of hammer throwers will never get the decisions. It’s to ingrained in the refs to let the game play on, even English refs now are starting to take to the continental way and we are left behind as usual

We’ve literally released a statement yesterday.

Do we just put one out after every game?

Who said release another statement?

This battle goes beyond statements and you can be fed up listening to it all you want, we're going to keep getting the raw end from ref's unless we apply some sort of official pressure.

Hand on heart if we score the pen this thread is full of us saying Jack was daft. It doesn’t matter how much you get baited we can’t react, he kicked out.. it was a pathetic swipe but Broadfoot absolutely fished for it. Ryan has got to be so much smarter now. If he’s on the park they don’t walk right through for the equaliser.

we were shite mate - BUT the taker needed to wait 4-5 min to take his shitey kick. The officials were INCOMPETENT and must be taken to task. It took all 4 of them to make decisions causing confusion and frustration.

Back