Tonight’s ref

I'm obviously in a minority of one but I barely noticed the ref tonight and his performance definitely doesn't warrant Gerrard pulling him to shreds in his press conference. The Roofe tackle was probably the worst but we'd be raging if Goldson or Jack got sent off for that. Looked worse than what it was.

This conspiracy bollocks that the tims would be proud of after every game needs to stop.

I'm obviously in a minority of one but I barely noticed the ref tonight and his performance definitely doesn't warrant Gerrard pulling him to shreds in his press conference. The Roofe tackle was probably the worst but we'd be raging if Goldson or Jack got sent off for that. Looked worse than what it was.

This conspiracy bollocks that the tims would be proud of after every game needs to stop.

lol.

The guy was absolutely dreadful.
Also the tackle on Roofe:

Red card all day

Roofe tackle was a complete shocker but we all know what was coming when we had Clancy say he knew how big a season it was for his heroes

Gerrard and co should be calling it out in press conferences

We need a joined up strategy on it.
Manager mentioning it after winning games
Social media guys highlighting it
Our friendly pundits talking about it on tv and radio at every opportunity

Get the message out there every time
To whom though? This will be won or lost on the pitch despite the hurdles we will face

Ref had a bad game

Missed the clear pen

Missed the red card challenge on Roofe

Also in 1st half how did the ref not give a foul for Hagi getting a player to jump over Hagi’s back and have zero chance of winning the ball that Hagi has protected

Euan Henderson had a shocker tonight

It's Euan Anderson, just so we remembr the next time we get this personification of incompetence

The wrestling move on Hagi, the Itten penalty stone waller and the worst of all was the horrendous two footer on Roofe.

That's beyond incompetence!

Complete kn0b of a man!

The pull on Aribos shirt left an incredulous look on the St J's players face.

The Hagi one was so blatant it made me laugh. The ref didn't want to give us a free kick near the box again after Borna's goal.

The "tackle" on Roofe was a shocker but that's what this ref needed to show a yellow to the thugs. You won't see an easier red card decision.

The ref had clearly decided to be lenient to them and help them time waste.

Just another hand selected ref. We know who runs the game.

Should have been a straight red but if had given the penalty would have been bit soft but trips a trip .

We see a pattern in our games with refs. They allow the opposition to go to ground for endless soft free kicks, yet the ref will allow the same opposition to commit repeated shocking challenges, the Roofe incident as a clear example. Its outrageous we still allow them away with this double standard.

Given he also missed a pretty stonewall penalty for St Johnstone in addition to ours (Helander tackle) maybe he is just a dreadful referee.

I've said in the match thread as well. A grossly incompetent performance from a referee against us again. Allowed St. Johnstone to boot feck out of our players right from the world go and took very little action.

Completely ignored a penalty. Completely ignored a straight red card. Missed countless yellow cards.

Rangers are letting our players down and putting their health at risk by allowing it to continue unchallenged. It's their duty to ensure that the players are not being put at risk week in, week out in Scotland. They're failing to do that.
It's the captain on the field that should be talking to the ref. Look at Brown and the success it brings them. Get in the ref's face, all why it's not a yellow or red.
The manager is not allowed to criticise the ref.

I would love to hear tyldsleys early thoughts on the hammer throwers and shite refs,he sounded shocked last night by some of it.

The red card and penalty are fairly obvious - but my bigger concern was how he started off in the first half.

Every time a St Johnstone player was touched he was giving a foul, and every time a foul was made on a Rangers player he played on. The one with the piggy back on Hagi, the foul on Barisic, etc.

He wasn't officiating both teams the same way in the first half hour or so in particular.

It must be getting noted.
There were 3 clear decisions that were wrong last night:

- The guy over the back of Hagi - No free kick.
- The “tackle” on Roofe - No red card
- The penalty on Itten - Nothing given.

After every one of those incidents the camera went to the manager who was just standing shaking his head in disbelief.

Refs are a shambles. You’d need to be blind to miss the stuff they do.

Usual poor refereeing performance. We just need to forget about them and focus on winning the games without ever expecting to get any decisions. A bloody joke but thats the way it is.

We need a joined up strategy on it.
Manager mentioning it after winning games
Social media guys highlighting it
Our friendly pundits talking about it on tv and radio at every opportunity

Get the message out there every time

Otherwise known as the mentally challenged strategy.

Otherwise known as the mentally challenged strategy.

It’s successful isnt it?
why shouldn’t we use the same tactics?
Even if we get one additional decision our way or more people start to notice the corruption and start talking about it, it’s better than where we are now.

I would love to hear tyldsleys early thoughts on the hammer throwers and shite refs,he sounded shocked last night by some of it.

I don't think he would believe what he was watching regarding some of the decisions and it was nice to hear what someone outside of Scottish Football thought of the Refs up here

All that money spent on Roofe and he could have had his career possibly wrecked last night because the hammer-throwers in Scotland know they can get away with it

It’s successful isnt it?
why shouldn’t we use the same tactics?
Even if we get one additional decision our way or more people start to notice the corruption and start talking about it, it’s better than where we are now.

I'm not knocking it mate, learn from the best is what I say.

Again, it doesn’t sound like Gerrard has clamped the referee in his post-match.

We’re still not playing the game.

The pull on Aribo's jersey in the corner flag.
The piggy back on Hagi, easy free kick to give on the edge of the area.
The tackle on roofe, Gordon was out of control, two feet left the ground, overly excessive (that's a simple red card.)
The penalty on Itten, its a clear clip and no contact on the ball. Enough said.

I totally agree with the OP.

The tackle on Roofe was a red card every time (unless against Rangers of course).

The "penalty" incident, should have been given!!

However, what most of us all have forgotten about.......
the standside linesman would have had a clear unobstructed view of it. What did he give?

Or was he just another of the "i'll wait till the ref decides on before I stick up my flag".
The linesman is just as culpable and to blame for not awarding it.

Why are we, as a club not calling them out on it?

Rest assured, if it were the Mhanks they'd be screaming from the rooftops, and demanding answers.

Now is the time to talk of poor referring performances. We have won comfortably and there are no sour grapes.
Loads of incidents last night;
Hagi getting climbed all over.
Aribo shirt nearly pulled off him and foul goes against him???
Itten penalty claim.
Tackle on Roofe.
Ref was shocking said as much in match thread.

Another cheat in black who tried his best to give our opposition every advantage.

A clear penalty denied
A clear red card ignored

when do we start speaking out and highlighting this properly?

There was fucking more than that as well! 4 final third fouls completely ignored in the first half alone(2 on Aribo, 1 on Hagi, now can't remember the 4th), and I wasn't even watching out for the referee, generally speaking I couldn't give a flying hoot who it is - but last night was god damn atrocious.

Thing is, last night it's fine, we were 1 or 2-0 up and coasting when it happened, but in a harder game tied at 0-0 or worse, those are the sorts of clear and obvious decisions that cause frustration in the players which can often result in poor decision making and just anxiety.

All fine and well, that's something the players need to deal with better, but I can tell you, it's easier said than done and last night was atrocious.

That penalty is the most obvious foul in the box we will get all season, granted it wasn't helped by Itten trying his best to stay up, but ffs, the ball was away and the guy booted him full swing in the ankle as clear as day.

That challenge on Roofe could have put a gash in his leg.

Every time I see that tackle on roofe I shudder. An absolutely disgraceful decision. The referees up here are doing absolutely zero to cut this out.

A definite red card, not given,
A clear penalty, not given,
And a player jumping all over the back of hagi, foul not given,
The latter actually made me laugh, at the incompetent fool,

He set his low standards the moment he never gave a foul on hagi when the guy was all over his back. Thats when I thought christ another incompetent ref tonight

Refereeing performance aside, last night was a great example of what we need to do to win the league this season: play so well that poor decisions don't really matter.

I imagine that if we win the league they'll be a thread at the end of the season along the lines of, "The Refs Tried to Cheat Us but we Still Won", and then the obligatory YouTube highlight reel, but the truth of the matter is that we've had to make do with awful decisions against us in league-winning seasons since the year dot and internet forums just highlight it a bit more.

In the first half when the ball hit off his back, when he was looking the other way... wtf was he not watching the play? Amateur hour.

Standing about 2 yards away between the ball and the goal. The absolute idiot couldn't have picked a worse place to stand.

The ref was out to try and derail us last night so blatant he should be demoted to the amatuer leagues clown

Back