Tonights game - The Braga fans views

cloodie

Official Ticketer
Via google translate :D

Welcome "Billy Boys!"

-------------

What an atmosphere in the Municipal !!

This night game - and with more players on the bench - would be fantastic in terms of the environment.

Today in Glasgow there is no one to work for sure ;D everyone is here!

------------------

Unfortunately our stands are still very bare, but we were already waiting ...

---------------------

This has to change. They are occupying us all spaces

--------------------
Rangers had a well-defined strategy, they knew that if they played as in the first leg they would suffer. They decided to play in a low block.

Result, Braga is unable to create game flow and leaves its defense vulnerable as it attacks with almost everyone.

-----------------------

I hope this corruption team goes down again and never gets up again. Disgusting team, no wonder Celtic has been cleaning their titles for 9 years in a row.

----------------------

Braga lacked in the first leg what Rangers did: freeze the game and not let the opponent have hope.

Rangers did not have to score but whoever saw the first half looked like it was Braga in advantage. We don't play anything. Zerinho.

-------------------------------

And it is very beautiful to talk about Rangers who play little and Celtic play (they saw 0 games of both, like the final of the league cup in which goal chances are 10-1 and who takes the cup is Celtic) and ignore that Braga made campaigns in Europe including 1 or another game this season playing like that.

More teams were better, more opportunities.

------------------------------

It's amazing how after the superiority we showed up to 65mn of the 1st leg game, I have to say this: they were better and they deserved it. Especially today.

Rangers were the only team so far that managed to keep Ruben Amorim's Braga. They did what they wanted from the depth in the back of our centrals (it had already been like that in the 1st leg) and by lowering lines they managed to stop our attack leading us to do what they most wanted: to cross. Today we looked like Sá Pinto's team crossing balls even more so.

Physically there are a lot of people on tracks and today it has been noticed against a team that is physically strong (like any British team). We have to give credit to those who have it and they were better. Our best player was Matheus who kept us in the tie.

-------------------------------------

Physically they were far superior. They won all the duels either in the fight or in the speed. We have a lot of people with tracks physically, mainly the lateral and the central ones. Gerrard today showed that he is a good coach. I knew how to read the game and manipulate our inner game. Then I just bet on what I already knew: balls in the back. It is not for nothing that in 4 games against Portuguese teams Rangers have 3v and 1e. Porto didn't win them either. This also shows the low level that Portuguese football is at (no surprise to anyone).

----------------------------------

Congratulations to the Rangers, they don't have big guns, but they have a great competitive attitude (regardless of the anti-game or not) and intensity. In fact, today, the intensity from one team to the other was abysmal.

-----------------------------------

We took a ball bath from those to the old one. Rangers controlled the game from minute zero to minute 90. And the worst thing was that they managed to do it by playing only a reasonable game, limited themselves to putting 7 goals in the middle of the field and us playing back and to the side.

Now we have the league, I am curious about the next games, how the opponents will face us, although I also realize that most teams are much weaker than this Rangers.

Mateus was fantastic in the tie, if it weren't for him and this had gone much worse.

------------------------------------

Now we have to focus on the championship and hope that the teams in Portugal do not follow in the footsteps of Rangers who knew how to upset our team.

--------------------------------------

Focusing only on the highlighted part in bold, I believe that the teams in the league begin to understand our game and better cover the spaces against us, but in my opinion, they will hardly be able to do it with the mastery that Rangers did, because the what the Scots did depends a lot on the intensity and physical capacity that the teams have to achieve it. First because, contrary to what they say here, Rangers have quality players and are much higher than 90% of the teams in Tugão (like the brazen, only Benfas and Porto seem superior to me), and second because we are part of a championship where you play standing still, I suspect that if some teams from the first league tried to impose the pace that Rangers impose, we would have players dropping inanimate on the ground, they couldn't take half an hour with this pace. We are in a championship that is played for half an hour in ninety minutes, in a championship where everything is lacking and a throw-in takes 20 seconds to be executed.

They make some good and interesting points. We did indeed completely outfox them tactically tonight

I should probably add there were a few complaints about our style of play tonight and, as you can see, there was a comment about the scum being better. This post below was one of them pointing out that he'd watched us against the scum and we were all over them and also that Braga have also played the exact same way we have at times.

'And it is very beautiful to talk about Rangers who play little and Celtic play (they saw 0 games of both, like the final of the league cup in which goal chances are 10-1 and who takes the cup is Celtic) and ignore that Braga made campaigns in Europe including 1 or another game this season playing like that.

More teams were better, more opportunities.'

We beat a Europa standard team tonight. Performance was as good as we could expect and I think both fans recognise this. Bragging rights are rightfully ours this evening.

Seems most Braga fans appreciate our quality more than some of our own support.

I should probably add there were a few complaints about our style of play tonight and, as you can see, there was a comment about the scum being better. This post below was one of them pointing out that he'd watched us against the scum and we were all over them and also that Braga have also played the exact same way we have at times.

'And it is very beautiful to talk about Rangers who play little and Celtic play (they saw 0 games of both, like the final of the league cup in which goal chances are 10-1 and who takes the cup is Celtic) and ignore that Braga made campaigns in Europe including 1 or another game this season playing like that.

More teams were better, more opportunities.'
Cant complain about a teams style of play unless you beat them. Its like us moaning about dropping points in the league against teams that sit in.

At the end of the day, we beat Porto, 16pts ahead of Braga, comfortably at Ibrox, and drew with them in Portugal..Dont know why we were so scared of Braga.

"
Rangers were the only team so far that managed to keep Ruben Amorim's Braga. They did what they wanted from the depth in the back of our centrals (it had already been like that in the 1st leg) and by lowering lines they managed to stop our attack leading us to do what they most wanted: to cross. Today we looked like Sá Pinto's team crossing balls even more so."

This could be a post by one of us describing our troubles at playing against the low block in our league games at times.

At the end of the day, we beat Porto, 16pts ahead of Braga, comfortably at Ibrox, and drew with them in Portugal..Dont know why we were so scared of Braga.
A team that beat Sporting, benfica and Porto x2 in the past 7 games, a team that took 4 points from 6 from an excellent Wolves team and they’ve only lost 1 home European game in their last 10 and that was in 2017. Shouldn’t downplay this result and performance.

Me and my son were running late, Glaswegian bus never arrived in the city until 4pm, 90 minutes after scheduled. After we picked up Rangers tickets from the collection point a lovely Portuguese family of Braga fans walked us to the stadium, nicer people you would struggle to meet. The husband was at Ibrox last week and said Ibrox was the greatest stadium he has visited in Europe.

Via google translate :D

I hope this corruption team goes down again and never gets up again. Disgusting team, no wonder Celtic has been cleaning their titles for 9 years in a row.

In amongst the plaudits and balanced accounts, this little beauty made me chuckle.
You can literally taste the impotent rage :)):)):))

Eh
They’ve got a new manager and are on a fantastic run.
I never said that they were a bad side. I just said, that after beating Porto, we shouldn't have feared them. When the draw was made, we were all confident, but we listened to media hype, about how a great side they had become. The league table doesn't lie. Might have had a good run lately, but still a distance behind the leaders. Was still an excellent performance by us.

Back