Tonight's ref

He was terrible, glad to see the back of him. Would honestly rather some Scottish refs over him, and that’s saying something.

He’s easily the worst referee I’ve ever witnessed in all my years watching football.
He was clueless and seemed to excel at making bad decisions.

I think everyone has a poor opinion of his overall performance but he made one hugely important, and correct, decision by consulting the linesman over Sands’ brilliant tackle.
After the match I was surprised to see that we actually had 5 players booked - honestly never registered that during the play.

I'm sure he showed one of their players two yellows, one straight after the other, in the second half?

I can only assume he booked Lawrence because he turned around and got startled by him.
No idea why he got booked.

I'm also certain Tom and Thomson were right and he booked the same guy twice. It was when he pulled back Kent on the touchline, he took a minute or two and it kicked off a bit then he booked him.

He was an utter bombscare and a dangerous one ! I had no idea what he was going to do next, fair play for changing his call and sands but I put that down to the linesman more than anything else

How he didn’t send the boy off for what looked to me a two footed challenge I was shocked but not surprised !! Dodger a bulletin tnght with him

Referee thought it was a foul and was going to give Sands a second yellow while the linesman saw there was nothing wrong with the challenge and the ref went with the linesman's decision
He also completely forgot that Sands was already booked and didn't actually send him off

A fcuking shambolic display. Made all the worse for me when he and refs like him adopt that angry, aggressive aggressive demeanor with players, running right up to their faces and giving rage stares. But that boy tonight was the roaster's roaster.

Started off not booking anyone for bookable offences, lost control, then went card mental.

He had no idea what he was doing at all, completely out of his depth. We're lucky someone in the refereeing team had their brains switched on because the referee didn't.

Last time I'd seen something that bad was the Antwerp games.

We (rightly) slaughter some of our own refs but some of these European refs are worse. He was fucking hopeless. Thank god for his linesman.

They realise the referees are shit in Greece, that is why the call in Bobby fcukin Madden.

That’s the worst refereed European tie I’ve ever seen. And I include the ones where Marseilles were bribing the refs.

Clown in the first leg just as bad.

Sands first yellow, all day long - their 26 on a booking does an identical foul closer to goal -nothing and allowed to be subbed

The 2nd yellow was shambolic to give

Their captain did enough to justify about 5 yellows

Striker spent the whole game pulling Goldson

Catalogue of errors
One minute a shoulder barge is ok, then not

The tackle on Tillman first half looked shocking live, not even carded

He was disgraceful, much like his colleague last week he didn’t know the basic rules

They get paid thousands - yes thousands- for being fucking shit at their jobs.

The ref and his linemen were fucking chronic. Hope the 3 inept c*nts go bankrupt and die in a fire filled with yellow cards.

The Ref could have cost us the game with the Sands fiasco along with 5mill. I would like to think his bosses were watching that and he will never be given a champions league game again as it’s supposed to be the highest level and that was nowhere near it.

Back