Tonight's referee - Greg Aitken

For me he missed a handball, failed to book Mulumbu early enough and should have sent Goldson off

Awful, awful performance that changed the match. Handball, Mulumbu....killie had to sub the guy as they knew he was getting sent off and failing to a number of blatant fouls. Depressing stuff.

I thought he was rubbish... let too many tackles go unpunished that were potential leg breakers, was listening to his linesmen, almost depending on them for assurance and we all know linesmen can be fickle and unreliable. Apart from that Kilmarnock were shocking a dreadful team. Now what does that say about us.

Mulumbu has two bad challenges with no card and his third saw yellow - should've walked

And iirc

Their other CB not Broadfoot - should've been booked in first hf for scything someine down
Then had.a horror challenge in the second
Another red

Ref was as shite as we were

Typical useless performance from the ref.

And I include Goldsons challenge in that. Whether or not Katic was in a good position is irrelevant. Goldoon took him out when he was through, and on his way to goal. It was right in front of us.

Thats one we got away with, and about 8 for Killie.

Seemed to always have his back to Killie players who were timewasting constantly. Mulumbu took an age to walk off the pitch, pointed out by Davis, and the ref didn’t even look

In all seriousness the refereeing in Scotland is fkin abysmal, but the Scottish 19th Century Terrorist Association won’t do anything until fat Pete snaps his fingers.

Not blaming him for the result but I thought it was another in a line of shocking officiating performances we’ve had to put up with this season. Two Killie players could easily have seen red today. I agree with Gerrard, we got no protection and he allowed the hammer throwers to kick us all over the place. The tackle on Grezda was a shocker and Mulumbu got away with two bookable offences before he was shown a card (no coincidence Clarke pulled him once he was finally shown a card)

It hard to believe there is a conspiracy against us as you couldn’t keep something like that quiet, but it sure seems that way. We are definitely being refereed to a different standard than the rest of the league, Morelos in particular.

Last edited:
When McGregor got booked....

It should have been a foul to us up the park, Aitken lost the place and gave us a free kick in our own half because the pace was too much for him and needed to stop the game to keep up with it. The Shagger steamed in to grab the ball.

He ref'd the game like a junior match. The tackles that were going in were disgraceful. Can't remember if he gave a card for the one on Grezda near the corner flag. Goldson was a straight red , no attempt to play the ball.

Awful, awful performance that changed the match. Handball, Mulumbu....killie had to sub the guy as they knew he was getting sent off and failing to a number of blatant fouls. Depressing stuff.
Mulumbu was on a mhank mission to do as much harm to us as possible, scabby nose Clarke knew he was getting sent off (should have happened earlier) and subbed him,if another player did the shit he did against us to the Mhankie mob he would have been off .
The Paedo hiders have more clout with the officials than we have and we are suffering because of it.

He ref'd the game like a junior match. The tackles that were going in were disgraceful. Can't remember if he gave a card for the one on Grezda near the corner flag. Goldson was a straight red , no attempt to play the ball.

He never even saw it serious enough to have a word with the player. Shocking.

For me he missed a handball, failed to book Mulumbu early enough and should have sent Goldson off
Is that it for you?
How many more cynical fouls did he let go?
Why did he pull the game back for a foul when Barisic was just outside the box?
Its not as if there was a booking to be issued.
There were a good few more questionable decisions.

Over and above some of his decision making issues I also thought his positioning was terrible. He constantly got in the way as we passed the ball about. Particularly outside their 18 yard box

Not blaming him for the result but I thought it was another in a line of shocking officiating performances we’ve had to put up with this season. Two Killie players could easily have seen red today. I agree with Gerrard, we got no protection and he allowed the hammer throwers to kick us all over the place. The tackle on Grezda was a shocker and Mulumbu got away with two bookable offences before he was shown a card (no coincidence Clarke pulled him once he was finally shown a card)

It hard to believe there is a conspiracy against us as you couldn’t keep something like that quiet, but it sure seems that way. We are definitely being refereed to a different standard than the rest of the league, Morelos in particular.
If you are a ref and you don't want to be in the headlines and firing line then give f**k all to Rangers, it's not a conspiracy it's human nature!

I agree Goldson was a red he was lucky but its interesting the first time you post on a refs thread to criticise the officials and say someone should have been red carded, its one of our players.:)

He probably only went for yellow because of advice from other officials and also cos he had spent 92 mins making sure Killie didnt lose a man. It was job done Killie, the ref, the media, they had the result they wanted.

What's the rule that makes Goldson's foul a straight red according to some?

People take a booking by deliberately fouling someone running into a dangerous position all the time.

What's the rule that makes Goldson's foul a straight red according to some?

People take a booking by deliberately fouling someone running into a dangerous position all the time.
It was a yellow card all day, but as it was at the top end of such offences, more than a mere shirt tug, I suppose you can see the case for a red card.
However, the one on Grezda was also at the top end of yellow and may have been a red.
Given how the referee had operated during the game it would have been perverse of him to have sent Goldson off having already allowed a few of those Kilmarnock players to stay on.

I have always wondered why we don't introduce a different (orange) card where players can be sent off for a ten/twenty minute period?
More rules of course, but it would seem to make sense, although what you do with a player near the end of the game is a difficult one.

It was a yellow card all day, but as it was at the top end of such offences, more than a mere shirt tug, I suppose you can see the case for a red card.
However, the one on Grezda was also at the top end of yellow and may have been a red.
Given how the referee had operated during the game it would have been perverse of him to have sent Goldson off having already allowed a few of those Kilmarnock players to stay on.

I have always wondered why we don't introduce a different (orange) card where players can be sent off for a ten/twenty minute period?
More rules of course, but it would seem to make sense, although what you do with a player near the end of the game is a difficult one.

Agree it was a poor tackle and deliberate, but I wouldn't call the situation a clear goalscoring opportunity, so I struggle to see where the red card comes in.

Yellow was the right call for me, although why the blatant foul on Grezda you mention escaped punishment beggars belief.

Brother Greg Aitken he's in my lodge and a decent guy.
Does that mean he isn't a poor, useless referee? Anyhow aren't all referees in some lodge? I find it hard to believe this guy is part of anything that can be construed or twisted to be a "Rangers friendly organisation"

The referees are there to administer the laws of the game with out favour, they're not doing that, they're applying them unevenly and that's corrupt.
Their motives are irrelevant.
I agree with you but if making a decision that possibly puts your family at risk and plasters you all over the papers social media and tv for weeks, you're going to think twice about making that decision, I'm not saying it's right far from it, but it's understandable. Make a decision that f**ks Rangers over there is no media frenzy, no phone numbers or addresses posted online, no windows smashed, not having the school your kids go to revealed online, give the decision for Rangers though and you can expect some or all of the above to come your way, if you have no affiliation to Rangers why wouldn't you take the easy and safe option? Its a major problem for us but i have no idea how we go about changing it.

Refs would be disgusted at an orange card

Orange card would cause another strike our refs would go mental.

;)

In fairness to Mr Aitken, if I had a young family, I would think twice about giving a correct decision against the Yahoos.
The pressure must be tremendous.

According to some posters earlier in this thread he is a Kilmarnock fan.

Certianly doesn't look that way tonight.

He is a Kilmarnock fan or he at least says he is, his daughter goes to same ice skating club as mine

I think that referees tend to judge their own teams harshly. They overdo anything they may think is partiality.
Think Bobby Madden for instance.

I used to hate Stuart Dougal getting Old Firms and much preferred Kenny Clark , up until his last season when he went full Savco.

This may be part of the reason they hate Nick Walsh and Collum. Although they think Clancy is also biased against them so that may weaken my argument.

Back