Tonight's referee - Greg Aitken

archimedes

We (rightly) slag referees for their shite performances, but credit where it's due, thought he had a decent game, let the play flow and made mostly the right decisions.

Some of the usual suspects (Beaton, Thomson et al), take note, that's how you referee a game of football (you cheating cūnts!)

I dont wish to get to far in front of myself but that is the best ref performance I have seen in some time in Scottish football.

I went to college with him and he was a die hard killie fan and didn't like rangers. He has ref'ed us before and he had an absolute stinker.

Greg’s a big Killie fan and a good lad. If he gets a decision wrong it’s because he messed up. Not any bias at all.

He did manage to give a foul against Cardoso at the edge of our box when it was 1-0. Their big haddy of a centre half sticks that in the top pokey and we have a different game altogether.

I thought the very same about the ref tonight.

A ref that might actually have given us a few contentious decisions more than the opposition.

Genuinely the first time in years I've thought that about any ref.

A long career in the amateurs awaits him if he doesn't buck up his ideas.

Reactions: TQ3
He was fine tonight, which in this shite hole of a country is a breath of fresh air.
But it will not catch on, the place is infested with scum.
Not disputing that he had a good match tonight, just saying that he has had at least one stinker before. Can't remember the game but warburton was in charge. To add to what I said about not liking us, the didn't have any leanings towards them either. Nice guy and far better than most of his colleagues.

They had a definite penalty denied(Hodson push) he's got to be one of us .
All round probably the best (fairest ref ) we have had in a long time.:)

I remember his name from a game a while ago. I can’t remember what he gave or didn’t give against us but some thought he was related to Roy.

We (rightly) slag referees for their shite performances, but credit where it's due, thought he had a decent game, let the play flow and made mostly the right decisions.

Some of the usual suspects (Beaton, Thomson et al), take note, that's how you referee a game of football (you cheating cūnts!)

What I will add is he was too close to the play and got caught up in the plays. By all means take up a position where you can judge a dive or a tackle but I saw him in the eyeline of players as they tried tae pass the ball and thought tae masel whit the fuuk are you daein there ref.

Anybody else see the same ?.

The right decisions apart from Fraserburgh should have had a penalty and we should have had a second penalty.

Also, they should have finished the game with 9 men.

What I will add is he was too close to the play and got caught up in the plays. By all means take up a position where you can judge a dive or a tackle but I saw him in the eyeline of players as they tried tae pass the ball and thought tae masel whit the fuuk are you daein there ref.

Anybody else see the same ?.

Yeah I thought that too but I have had to ref youth games and positioning is both the most important and hardest part of the job(excluding crazy parents).

I remember his name from a game a while ago. I can’t remember what he gave or didn’t give against us but some thought he was related to Roy.
There was no push, yes Hodson put his hands on him but the guy flung himself to the ground. Listen to Common's take on it, in the aftermath talk.

Sign of a good Ref is when you don’t notice him last night, too a high degree you didn’t notice him.

The wee striker they had was folding like a pack of cards anytime one of our players went near him, and although Hodson put his hands on his back it was a clear dive.

The wee striker they had was folding like a pack of cards anytime one of our players went near him, and although Hodson put his hands on his back it was a clear dive.
He called that one right 100% but any number of the mhankie bassa refs club would have jumped at the chance to cripple us , he's an honest ref.

Thompson should have been downgraded for that penalty decision in the League Cup final earlier in the season.

The displays we now have been witnessing for years puts me in mind of what I've read about the corruption in football in Honnecher's East Germany and Ceausescu's Romania.

He did manage to give a foul against Cardoso at the edge of our box when it was 1-0. Their big haddy of a centre half sticks that in the top pokey and we have a different game altogether.

I thought Cardoso made it too obvious with the raised arm to push the guy. Get closer and give him a nudge as you're going for the ball and it probably isn't a foul.

Push him like that and it's an easy one to give.

For all we should have had a 2nd penalty (I thought it was a clear foul on Holt again) I'm surprised theirs wasn't given against Hodson. Boy might have gone down easily but Hodson has his hands on his back.

There was no push. Hodson his arm on the guys back, who then felt contact and went down.

In fairness as soon as your hands/arms make contact with a guy in the box you are inviting trouble.

He called that one right 100% but any number of the mhankie bassa refs club would have jumped at the chance to cripple us , he's an honest ref.
I agree absolutely, unfortunately it’s just another obstacle we face and more importantly won’t speak out about it.

He did make a few mistakes but overall I was pleased with him, especially when he went back and booked Christie (I think that who it was) for an attempted kick at Windass well after an extended run of play.

he did the 3-3 draw with stenhousemuir a few seasons back. it was the most incompetent performance i have ever seen from a ref. although, cheatin Beaton would hold that title now.

Credit where its due, last night's ref got all the big calls right and didnt interfere too much with the flow of the game.

Back