Tonight's Refereeing in 4 Gifs

This is a perfect microcosm of what we are up against under the corrupt governance of Scottish football in this day and age. Our once proud country and its national sport has been well and truly inflicted by an abhorrent evil.
By the way. That 3rd one looks like the lego muncher has had lessons from furuhashi. Or maybe it's furuhashi who's had lessons from the lego muncher. Either way, it's cheating pure and simple.

The first incident was more than a mere push.
Hayes made no intent to play the ball and instead was focusing on giving some to a player he was intent on riling from the off.
It was a deliberate tactic.deal wit
The second was the sort of incident where neither player should be carded unless the game has gotten out of control and the referee is using cards to calm things down.

The Kent second booking was the biggest joke of the night, but this is what can happen when a referee is carding players for the wrong incidents.
The last one was really a matter for the linesman who needs to get a pair of fckn specs.
Although one suspect if it had been a Rangers player using his elbows like that, he Clancy would have seen it.

That Ryan Kent was sent off and that Hayes stayed on the park just about sums Clancy up.
Call him incompetent, but after watching him for years I think there is a far more accurate term for him.

2 players square up to each other and both are getting a yellow card. Like it or not, thats how referees deal with those incidents.

Why no GIF of the push in the back of Barasic in the lead up to the penalty, and not just the one hand but both hands. Eagle eyed Clancy could spot a shirt pull at Hampden easy enough but can't see a two handed push tonight. This should be GIF no. 1.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Gif number 5. Barisic is sent off to get the bloodflow stopped, but only once Aberdeen have an attacking free kick 5 minutes later.
That was actuslly unbelievable. Despite Barisic showing the ref his burst nose straight after the challenge, he's told to get on with it. Brown then remonstrates to Clancy 5 mins later about Barisic's nose and he's told to go off the pitch in the middle of a dangerous attack.

2 players square up to each other and both are getting a yellow card. Like it or not, thats how referees deal with those incidents.
Yes, I agree, it happens fairly often, but you will also see the odd competent official who can control situations like this without the need of a card.
Once you set the bar low, it becomes ever more difficult to keep all the players on the park.
If I was a betting man I would have put money on someone in blue being sent off tonight with Clancy refereeing, although I never thought it would be Kent.
But Clancy was determined to get a Ranger and any player would do, even someone as inoffensive as Kent.
It was a disgrace.

I thought it was going to be a gif of Clancy deep throating Scott Brown in 4 gifts.

So I guess I am leaving a little bit more relieved than when I opened the thread.

Yes, I agree, it happens fairly often, but you will also see the odd competent official who can control situations like this without the need of a card.
Once you set the bar low, it becomes ever more difficult to keep all the players on the park.
If I was a betting man I would have put money on someone in blue being sent off tonight with Clancy refereeing, although I never thought it would be Kent.
But Clancy was determined to get a Ranger and any player would do, even someone as inoffensive as Kent.
It was a disgrace.

Booking players who square up to each other and where one player pushes the other isnt setting the bar low.. Thats worthy of yellow cards for both players. Refs never deal with those with a word in the player's ear and then letting them away without a booking.

Hayes on Kent.
No yellow
giphy.gif

1 minute later. Kent on Hayes. Hayes retaliates. BOTH get booked.

giphy.gif

Kent on Brown. Doesn't touch him. Brown dives, Kent gets booked and sent off.
giphy.gif

Hayes tries to elbow Borno then hits his face with his hand. Two movements. Linesman a few feet away.
Nothing.

giphy.gif
Last on the linesman is 2 yards from that! Elbows Barasic twice! Guys nose is bleeding FFS! Disgraceful officiating!

I'd actually say that every one of our booking tonight were pathetic.

Hagi - fair enough he should retreat but it happens all the time.
Tav - wasn't even a foul.
Morelos - even if (big if) it's a penalty when he is trying to get his arm out the way, how is that a yellow? It's not deliberate.
And the two Kent ones, especially the second were an absolute joke.

Also the fact he was giving them free kicks for everything (21 - 7 o_O), and letting them away with all sorts is beyond comprehension.

I'm not sure how anyone can explain that refereeing performance that we just witnessed logically.
I'll explain it mate...there is a ton of money for possible direct entry into the CL next season at stake.
For me...and i think i am quite level headed if folk check my post history, but there was a reason we got Clancy tonight.

This to me, is just the start of it.

Booking players who square up to each other and where one player pushes the other isnt setting the bar low.. Thats worthy of yellow cards for both players. Refs never deal with those with a word in the player's ear and then letting them away without a booking.
Well without going through every game I ever watched to cite examples there is not much more I can say as I always forget to record them in a diary.
I have often seen much more violent to-ing and fro-ing between players and a referee deciding not to book, just accepting that after a coming together players often get their handbags out.
It is a physical game after all and the initial incident was hardly one where either player actually fouled the other.

Last edited:
Clancy was poor tonight. To be fair though, it wasn't just those ones. McGregor's one in the first half was a penalty and we were lucky.
There must be something wrong with my eyesight - I concentrate just on McGregor and there is NO penalty that VAR would give.

The PROBLEM with VAR down south is the rules - It should be that where there's doubt miss it it out!

Hayes on Kent.
No yellow
giphy.gif

1 minute later. Kent on Hayes. Hayes retaliates. BOTH get booked.

giphy.gif

Kent on Brown. Doesn't touch him. Brown dives, Kent gets booked and sent off.
giphy.gif

Hayes tries to elbow Borno then hits his face with his hand. Two movements. Linesman a few feet away.
Nothing.

giphy.gif
Didn't see the match and I am astounded.

Send that to the powers at be at Ibrox and the SFA.

Scandalous !

Last edited:
Well without going through every game |I ever watched to cite examples there is not much more I can say as I always forget to record them in a diary.
I have often seen much more violent to-ing and fro-ing between players and a referee deciding not to book, just accepting that after a coming together players often get their handbags out.
It is a physical game after all and the initial incident was hardly one where either player actually fouled the other.
Plus Kent doesn't "square up". He stands up and the unfortunate looking Hayes gets in his face. Actually blocks his way. Hayes also attempts to kick out at Kent during the tackle.

If we go back to Clancy's most infamous game; the sensible thing to do was to run in to the box when Alf went down, pick up the ball and blow the whistle for full time.

Instead he gave Alf a red card, Alf's "It's over gesture" was gleefully reported as a threat for a month and the controversy continued.

He has a history of cheating decisions against us as well as some just piss poor refereeing.

By the way, we all know Looney Tune Broon is quite simple, and honestly the boy's harmless.

BUT I've NEVER seen a player smiling while waving a red carded player off anywhere in the world. He's been doing that nonsense for years

Is it just our SFA amateurs that are proud to ignore this?

Yet the radio phone ins and newspaper hotlines will still say we get all the decisions from Masonic refs.
I once knew a member of the old Yugoslav FA who was also involved with FIFA.
I won't say any more about the man as I notice he is still alive.
Other than to say he was a pal of Sean Connery.

He told me that there was an accepted method within FIFA for referees to adopt if they needed to influence a result.
Obviously, in such a case, FIFA knew certain referees who could be trusted to do their bidding.

The secret was not to show out by making controversial or game-changing decisions in or around the penalty area at either end, but to give all the 50/50's in the other two-thirds of the park in favour of the team selected to prevail.
Eventually, this would be enough in a close encounter to tip the scales.

I will leave it there.

Plus Kent doesn't "square up". He stands up and the unfortunate looking Hayes gets in his face. Actually blocks his way. Hayes also attempts to kick out at Kent during the tackle.

If we go back to Clancy's most infamous game; the sensible thing to do was to run in to the box when Alf went down, pick up the ball and blow the whistle for full time.

Instead he gave Alf a red card, Alf's "It's over gesture" was gleefully reported as a threat for a month and the controversy continued.

He has a history of cheating decisions against us as well as some just piss poor refereeing.
Agreed.

Hayes was the aggressor throughout the incident and Kent was just trying to get away.

Yes, I cannot argue with anything you have said about this.
As always you are like a laser regarding these incidents.

End of career Celtic LOSERS Hayes and Broon together with Father Clancy produced a drama that they seem to think cameras are incapable of recording - but we all know the so-called SFA are on their side and a joke!

BUT Rangers did get drawn into an amateur frantic, chaotic game that THEY have themselves to blame for.

We had 90 minutes to beat a crap team + a biased referee. We need to do that with skill and we didn't!

Hayes was clearly moved to the right hand side to make some ‘robust challenges’ to hopefully injure our players or in Kent’s case continually foul him until he retaliates enough it seems worthy of a yellow card and he fell for it should of steered clear of Brown and that equal eminem wannabe scumbag hayes
As Hayes goes down he swings his legs round to catch Kent…which Kent reacted to. Scum tactic

We didn't play well tonight that cannot be argued. However we were hindered by this clown Clancy. It was a pen for Aberdeen no complaints but both of Kents yellows were soft (especially the second) and both Brown and Hayes should have seen red.

We have to be perfect going forward we really do, in close games they (the SPFL) will cost us points and they will help the scum where they can (7 mins injury time anyone).

Anyway raging haha also if I ever see Clancy in the street I will take one for the team and slap the lady's front bottom!
Why was Morellos booked, it may have hit his arm, but I don't think it was a booking

Clancy will be saying and the best thing is Rangers will say nothing. Nobody will criticise me. Yes we were poor tonight but it is difficult to match their tackling when we are reffed to different standards. Kent is sent off for not touching Brown, Barasic tries to get tight to Haynes and is hit twice in the face. It was a pen but never a booking. We are almost tackled taking free kicks every week and action is never taken - tonight a yellow in 5 mins When we do it.

The inconsistency in some of the decisions tonight was disgusting especially the non second yellows for Hayes, Brown etc. It’s no wonder people think Clancy is a cheat as no one should be able to be that bad at their job and still be in that job.

I don't see why the McGregor incident is a penalty, it's not even close and no I wouldn't expect us to get it.

I realise the 4 GIFs are the main incidents but there really are loads of them. So many free kicks for nothing went to them as they just fell over to break up play and the cheat obliged.

It's hard to believe it's the sheep manager who is unimpressed with Clancy. No such thing as fairness in Scotland. Oh and Clancy will be told by the media he should stop being so biased in our favour. Corrupt like it's governmentc and police force (that the SFA allow this).

Last edited:
Back