Tonight's Refereeing in 4 Gifs

Why no GIF of the push in the back of Barasic in the lead up to the penalty, and not just the one hand but both hands. Eagle eyed Clancy could spot a shirt pull at Hampden easy enough but can't see a two handed push tonight. This should be GIF no. 1.
They had a free kick and one of their players had both hands on Wright and drove him backwards as they were taking the kick so everyone would be onside and on top of McGregor.

End of career Celtic LOSERS Hayes and Broon together with Father Clancy produced a drama that they seem to think cameras are incapable of recording - but we all know the so-called SFA are on their side and a joke!

BUT Rangers did get drawn into an amateur frantic, chaotic game that THEY have themselves to blame for.

We had 90 minutes to beat a crap team + a biased referee. We need to do that with skill and we didn't!
Bit difficult when you can't do anything without either giving away a foul or being fouled and the other team not being pulled up for it. The first part I agree with.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Utterly sickened trailing home to find its worse than what you thought it was at the game.

There was genuinely a set play shortly before this where one of them rugby tackled a defender both arms in a lock and drove him back 10 yards just before the freekick was taken to play everybody onside.

Scandalous utterly scandalous refereeing

End of career Celtic LOSERS Hayes and Broon together with Father Clancy produced a drama that they seem to think cameras are incapable of recording - but we all know the so-called SFA are on their side and a joke!

BUT Rangers did get drawn into an amateur frantic, chaotic game that THEY have themselves to blame for.

We had 90 minutes to beat a crap team + a biased referee. We need to do that with skill and we didn't!
Have a look at Kevin Clancys lifetime Rangers stats.

Rangers dont get drawn into anything

It is forced upon us by Kevin Clancy

Have a look at Kevin Clancys lifetime Rangers stats.

Rangers dont get drawn into anything

It is forced upon us by Kevin Clancy

We also bring it upon ourselves when not speaking up at Press Conferences before games at Pittodrie. We should be piling the pressure on the ref beforehand to ensure he won't be allowing them away with their predictable endless fouling. We all know how games up there will be played. The Sheep allowed to kick the shit out of our players, with no response from the officials.

They had a free kick and one of their players had both hands on Wright and drove him backwards as they were taking the kick so everyone would be onside and on top of McGregor.
Yeah, I actually saw that one myself. It was like an American Football offensive lineman pushing a defender away from the line of scrimmage. How Clancy couldn't see that I will never know, but, then again, maybe I do.

Could we have been more prepared for getting booted up and down the park? We never seem to be the ones diving about, not that we needed to with those challenges. We need to widen up a bit with these jobbers who’s only aim is to hurt us!

Last night just was a stereotypical example of everything that is wrong with Scottish football.

Unchecked thuggery and poor sportsmanship from teams like Aberdeen and atrocious decision making from the referee.

We will keep getting crap TV deals until the thuggery and referee problems can be sorted out as hardly anyone wants to watch it, but some people seem to take a weird pride in having thuggery in Scottish football so probably nothing will be done.

Hayes on Kent.
No yellow
giphy.gif

1 minute later. Kent on Hayes. Hayes retaliates. BOTH get booked.

giphy.gif

Kent on Brown. Doesn't touch him. Brown dives, Kent gets booked and sent off.
giphy.gif

Hayes tries to elbow Borno then hits his face with his hand. Two movements. Linesman a few feet away.
Nothing.

giphy.gif
That bottom one is a forearm smash

If Ferguson had missed the penalty would Clancy have made him retake it as the ball was not stationary when he kicked it?

It’s actually inexplicable now for me, it can’t be put down to incompetence because he’s consistently bias against us. Gave Aberdeen every 50/50, booked our players as quick as he could and he let them away with a hell of a lot.

He wasn’t just letting the game flow or any of that crap.

No excuses, we should have been better. But we are fighting an uphill battle.

Plus Kent doesn't "square up". He stands up and the unfortunate looking Hayes gets in his face. Actually blocks his way. Hayes also attempts to kick out at Kent during the tackle.
That was a quite obvious factor for me -- Hayes goes down when bumped, twists right over on the ground and gets his boots & studs up towards where he expects Kent's legs to be.

Hayes knew exactly what he was doing with that.

Hayes on Kent.
No yellow
giphy.gif

1 minute later. Kent on Hayes. Hayes retaliates. BOTH get booked.

giphy.gif

Kent on Brown. Doesn't touch him. Brown dives, Kent gets booked and sent off.
giphy.gif

Hayes tries to elbow Borno then hits his face with his hand. Two movements. Linesman a few feet away.
Nothing.

giphy.gif
Twice hayes has hit Barasic in the face four feet from the linesman and nothing done about it.Now tell me the linesman and the ref are not cheats.You dont need VAR to spot this.

The first incident was more than a mere push.
Hayes made no intent to play the ball and instead was focusing on giving some to a player he was intent on riling from the off.
It was a deliberate tactic.
The second was the sort of incident where neither player should be carded unless the game has gotten out of control and the referee is using cards to calm things down.

The Kent second booking was the biggest joke of the night, but this is what can happen when a referee is carding players for the wrong incidents.
The last one was really a matter for the linesman who needs to get a pair of fckn specs.
Although one suspect if it had been a Rangers player using his elbows like that, he Clancy would have seen it.

That Ryan Kent was sent off and that Hayes stayed on the park just about sums Clancy up.
Call him incompetent, but after watching him for years I think there is a far more accurate term for him.
Cheating fkn bastard is the term you're looking for.

Watching the Kent sending off in the OP, I really think we have to appeal it.

I was 50/50 on it last night but it's a clear dive.

Brown should be cited too on that basis.

Clancy was poor tonight. To be fair though, it wasn't just those ones. McGregor's one in the first half was a penalty and we were lucky.
Never a penalty. Even Walker at the time said it wasn't a penalty.

At full speed from the main stand camera angle it looks like there is contact but when you see from behind where the ref was standing the Aberdeen boy is away before McGregor is anywhere near him. McGregor pulls out of the challenge as the attackers touch was huge.

Back