Tonight's Spanish referee

Arkanoid

Antonio Lahoz ESP
4 games this season
23 Yellows!!!
2 Reds!!

Only 7 yellows in 2 domestic games so that's a massive
16Y / 2R in his other games of Nicosia v Ajax and Hungary v Slovakia

Lies, damn lies and statistics hopefully he has no bearing on the result but that's Not great stats for a free flowing game with a bit of physicality that we thrive on.
Think his appointment might clip our wings a bit.
In fairness know hee haw about Feyenoord but I imagine a Stam side to be plenty of sideways passing powder puff style and if this isthe case he may be more beneficial to them.

Antonio Lahoz ESP
4 games this season
23 Yellows!!!
2 Reds!!

Only 7 yellows in 2 domestic games so that's a massive
16Y / 2R in his other games of Nicosia v Ajax and Hungary v Slovakia

Lies, damn lies and statistics hopefully he has no bearing on the result but that's Not great stats for a free flowing game with a bit of physicality that we thrive on.
Think his appointment might clip our wings a bit.
In fairness know hee haw about Feyenoord but I imagine a Stam side to be plenty of sideways passing powder puff style and if this isthe case he may be more beneficial to them.
As you say lines, damn lise and statistics. At face value not great reading for the frequency of cards being issued but without seeing the games it's impossible to say if he is card happy or whether most/all were warranted.

I would expect Feyenoord to be throwing themselves around like there is no tomorrow. We need to be clever and accurate with our tackles, stand players up and not dive in. Clearly this ref is whistle and card happy,

As you say lines, damn lise and statistics. At face value not great reading for the frequency of cards being issued but without seeing the games it's impossible to say if he is card happy or whether most/all were warranted.

Had a quick look at his stats from last season and they're not that far off - 156 yellows in 32 games which is 4.875 yellows per game compared to 5.75 this season. Seen his picture and it's the card happy ref Guardiola has a problem with, he's the type who loves to make the game all about him.

I never thought of that before, but I suppose the club analyse the referee beforehand and the team adjust their game accordingly.

Sake, SR, you're no happy with him win or lose :p
Mate, look back, it’s all there. He was going mental in the charity shield when a Liverpool player fairly and squarely won the ball. It’s every single time. You can only imagine the toys out of the pram episode if he had experienced the shite Liverpool did the other night in Naples.

This from a guy who has at his disposal the most expensively assembled squad in the history of football and a side that has thus far been allowed to break every rule in the book with impunity. It’s ridiculous.

Back to Lahoz, I know a guy who bets on cards and he studies refs to the most minute details and he always goes on the ‘overs’ when this guy is in town. Very card happy. When you throw in that it’s a night game, where there is likely to be a hostile atmosphere, you can expect plenty of punishment meted out.

Guardiola was spot on about that Spanish ref, got big decisions wrong at big moments in the game. I’m not even going to point out the irony of the post you quoted, oh wait, I just did. :D

As long as we don’t do anything daft we should be fine tonight.
Except he didn’t, as we established long ago.

He is very card happy this guy, so we will need to be careful. Stand players up, don’t dive in and give him an excuse as he will deliver.

Mate, look back, it’s all there. He was going mental in the charity shield when a Liverpool player fairly and squarely won the ball. It’s every single time. You can only imagine the toys out of the pram episode if he had experienced the shite Liverpool did the other night in Naples.

This from a guy who has at his disposal the most expensively assembled squad in the history of football and a side that has thus far been allowed to break every rule in the book with impunity. It’s ridiculous.

Back to Lahoz, I know a guy who bets on cards and he studies refs to the most minute details and he always goes on the ‘overs’ when this guy is in town. Very card happy. When you throw in that it’s a night game, where there is likely to be a hostile atmosphere, you can expect plenty of punishment meted out.

Just messing. He didn't complain after the Norwich game to be fair.

When did the ref change? Its listed as the below?

21:00CET - Glasgow (Ibrox Stadium)
Rangers FC (SCO) - Feyenoord (NED) | Group G
Referee: Viktor Kassai (HUN)
Assistant Referee 1: György Ring (HUN)
Assistant Referee 2: Vencel Tóth (HUN)
Fourth Official: Ádám Farkas (HUN)
UEFA Referee Observer: John Ward (IRL)
UEFA Delegate: Ronald Zimmermann (GER)

Back