Top 10 Old Firm Cup Wins

I mind being on the verge of tears beating the tims in 2016. We were still a championship side & had beaten them. I thought we were back but took a few yrs yet but still remember the emotion in the gers end that day after that penalty shoot-out. Amazing.

Next top 10 is available on youtube for anyone that enjoys a bit of list content. Could only be about cup results against Celtic.

Top 10 Rangers Old Firm Cup Wins Since the 90s

Without spoiling the running order I'm curious to see how FF posters would rank the following...
1 Lovenkrands Cup final - 2002 ............... (one of best footballing performances I’ve witnessed
2 Advocaat's Treble Final - 1999 .............. (Treble win, could easily be higher)
3 Scottish Cup Semi - 1992 ..................... (ten men for eighty-odd minutes is a special win)
4 Jelavic League Cup final - 2011 ............ (one of those games we had no chance of winning)
5 Penalties Semi - 2016 ........................... (the best underdog victory ever)
6 CIS Cup final 2003 ................................. (Their last minute penalty miss was just beautiful)
7 Skol Cup - 1990 .................................... (A straightforward , routine victory.
8 Scottish Cup Semi - 1998 ..................... (memorable for two outstanding goals)
9 Konterman CIS Cup semi - 2002 .......... (memorable only for Bert’s wonder strike)
10 CIS Cup Quarter Final - 2004 ............... ( very routine)

I probably enjoyed 2016, on the day, more than any other victory over them.

But what’s happened in the final undoubtedly sours it. I couldn’t even go back and watch that now without feeling sick

I mind being on the verge of tears beating the tims in 2016. We were still a championship side & had beaten them. I thought we were back but took a few yrs yet but still remember the emotion in the gers end that day after that penalty shoot-out. Amazing.

Strangely that one didn't hit the emotions as much as the win at Ibrox where Jack scored.

The cup game we had nothing to lose and felt like we could beat them but as you say the few years after were such torture I near had a breakdown when we finally beat them in the league.

I probably enjoyed 2016, on the day, more than any other victory over them.

But what’s happened in the final undoubtedly sours it. I couldn’t even go back and watch that now without feeling sick
Without a doubt the most emotional I've ever been after beating them. A close second for sheer joy was the Richard Gough 2-2 game.

Sunday will be right up there if we do it.

Without a doubt the most emotional I've ever been after beating them. A close second for sheer joy was the Richard Gough 2-2 game.

Sunday will be right up there if we do it.

With the best will in the world, I can’t imagine getting such a high from a win on Sunday as some of the games listed above.

It’s a 4th round cup game with much still to do even if we progress. Bigger battles have been fought and won this season.

FFS- 1973 was a classic wae big Tam scoring from12 inches. Same day that Sunderland beat Arsenal in FA cup. My best memory as a 12 year old

1992 was very memorable for amongst other things being soaked to the skin before kick off!! What a night though.
1999 does remain my favourite since we did the treble, righting the wrongs of 1989 when we were cheated out of a treble by Valentine

Got to be this order for me:
Lovenkrands Cup final - 2002 - one of my top Rangers games ever. A classic game, brilliant goals.
Scottish Cup Semi - 1992 - 92 was first time I saw Rangers in a Scottish Cup final. The emotions were massive.
Advocaat's Treble Final - 1999 - First Old Firm Scottish Cup Final I saw, sealing a treble, brilliant.
Scottish Cup Semi - 1998 - Laudrup's goal
Skol Cup - 1990 - great win, I was 9, every cup final was a massive occasion, first time I remember us beating them in one
Penalties Semi - 2016 - false dawn but still important
Konterman CIS Cup semi - 2002 - can hardly remember but what a fucking goal

Didn't see these so leaving them out:
CIS Cup final 2003
Jelavic League Cup final - 2011
CIS Cup Quarter Final - 2004

Back