Chris woods
Terry butcher
Mark walters
Ian ferguson
Graham roberts
Trevor steven
Mark hateley
Richard gough

Value for money is questionable. His transfer fee obviously was a good one but it turned out we were paying him nearly 40k a week.
Probably out most valuable player if you put in today’s market , A top 5 goal keeper in the world who was wanted by the likes of Man Utd etc , would easily cost 100 m in today’s market so to pick that up for 700k no matter what his wages were is unbelievable

Probably out most valuable player if you put in today’s market , A top 5 goal keeper in the world who was wanted by the likes of Man Utd etc , would easily cost 100 m in today’s market so to pick that up for 700k no matter what his wages were is unbelievable

Was Klos THAT good though? Incredible shot stopper obviously particularly for a keeper his size but could barely kick the ball and wasn't the most commanding.

Personally I'd take both spells version of McGregor over Klos and wouldn't value Greegs at £100mil

Was Klos THAT good though? Incredible shot stopper obviously particularly for a keeper his size but could barely kick the ball and wasn't the most commanding.

Personally I'd take both spells version of McGregor over Klos and wouldn't value Greegs at £100mil
McGregor was never in the same league as klos , he was also a champions league winner and Germany champions nunber 1 keeper (how much byern Munich keeper cost just now ) that’s That a comparable level ,and like I said rated in the top 5 goal keepers in the world we beat the like of Man Utd etc for his signing , McGregor never attacked intrest like that in his career , McGregor is a great keeper 1 of our top 4 , but way behind klos

If klos was a top 5 goalkeeper I suggest he might not have been playing with us

don’t get me wrong he was good but not as good as you are making out

If klos was a top 5 goalkeeper I suggest he might not have been playing with us

don’t get me wrong he was good but not as good as you are making out
He came to us for the money do your homework him ronaldo and beckham were the 3 highest paid players in the world at the time that’s why he signed for us

Where do you get £100 million from? Highest fee paid for a keeper to date was nowhere near that figure. To say 'easily cost 100 m in today's market' is some stretch.

Where do you get £100 million from? Highest fee paid for a keeper to date was nowhere near that figure. To say 'easily cost 100 m in today's market' is some stretch.
Well kepa of Chelsea cost around 80 m and no where near as highly rated as klos so basing it on that
Im
Guessing to sign the byern keeper (Germany champions and champions league winner) would be valued around that

McGregor was never in the same league as klos , he was also a champions league winner and Germany champions nunber 1 keeper (how much byern Munich keeper cost just now ) that’s That a comparable level ,and like I said rated in the top 5 goal keepers in the world we beat the like of Man Utd etc for his signing , McGregor never attacked intrest like that in his career , McGregor is a great keeper 1 of our top 4 , but way behind klos
Sorry, Klos is one of my favourite Rangers players ever, but he wasn't even in the top 5 goalkeepers from Germany over his career let alone in the world.

Kahn, Lehmann, Kopke, Illgner, Rost, Butt and Reck were all better than him for a start.

Sorry, Klos is one of my favourite Rangers players ever, but he wasn't even in the top 5 goalkeepers from Germany over his career let alone in the world.

Kahn, Lehmann, Kopke, Illgner, Rost, Butt and Reck were all better than him for a start.
I’m saying when rangers signed him he was rated in the top 5 keepers in the world , Germany champions and champions leagues winning keeper at the time wee signed him , we beat Man Utd to his signature that’s my point

He came to us for the money do your homework him ronaldo and beckham were the 3 highest paid players in the world at the time that’s why he signed for us
Don’t need to do my homework
I seen him often enough in Scotland and in Europe
I’m not disputing the fact he was good
I don’t think he was as good as you say tho
His distribution alone takes him out of the top 5

I’m saying when Rangers signed him he was rated in the top 5 keepers in the world , Germany champions and champions leagues winning keeper at the time wee signed him , we beat Man Utd to his signature that’s my point
Mate massimo taibi was a Man U goalkeeper
Cos we beat them doesn’t make him in the top 5 goalkeepers in the world

Don’t need to do my homework
I seen him often enough in Scotland and in Europe
I’m not disputing the fact he was good
I don’t think he was as good as you say tho
His distribution alone takes him out of the top 5
But you said he did wouldnt have been at us if he was so highly rated the reason he chose us over Man Utd was because we made him joint highest paid player in the world

Willie Telfer (32) centre half signed from St Mirren after the Scottish League Cup Final 1-7 debacle.
Immediately stiffened the defence
and became a great favourite.

Mate massimo taibi was a Man U goalkeeper
Cos we beat them doesn’t make him in the top 5 goalkeepers in the world
The fact he was the Germany champions and champions league winner , so making him
The goal keeper for the best club in the world at the time does

But you said he did wouldnt have been at us if he was so highly rated the reason he chose us over Man Utd was because we made him joint highest paid player in the world
Let me get this right

You are saying because he was the joint highest paid player in the world he automatically was in the top 5 keepers at that time?

I’m saying when Rangers signed him he was rated in the top 5 keepers in the world , Germany champions and champions leagues winning keeper at the time wee signed him , we beat Man Utd to his signature that’s my point
He couldn't get in Germany's 98 WC squad. That was even with Bodo Illgner, still one of the best GKs in the world, being retired from the National Team.

So when he signed he wasn't even in the top 3 German GKs. Then add in guys like Taffarel, Peruzzi, Toldo, Pagiluca, Marchegiani, Schmeichel, Barthez, Chilavert, Canizares, van der Sar and he's nowhere near the top 5 in the world. Buffon was starting to come on the scene at that time as well.

Back