Top European Scorer

Didn't realise that Alfie scored all 20 European goals against teams from Gibraltar. Must have dreamt the goals against Porto and Feyenoord
Whilst I get your point it’s a bit premature to compare. Don’t get me wrong super was not a great footballer he just had that knack in a very successful time for us. Alfie is possibly a better footballer but until he is scoring actual champions league goals against some of the best in Europe it’s not even a discussion. Porto etc are nowhere near the forces they were in mccoists day I’m afraid

I agree, 8 group stage goals in 12 games is an incredible feat for a player playing in Scotland.
He hasn't played 12 group games, he was suspended for Villarreal away after his red card at UFA.

Remember his perfectly good goal away in Moscow that was disallowed too.
His record should be 9 goals in 11 games.

He hasn't played 12 group games, he was suspended for Villarreal away after his red card at UFA.

Remember his perfectly good goal away in Moscow that was disallowed too.
His record should be 9 goals in 11 games.
So he was, totally forgot about that my mistake!.

Aye that was a GOTS contender, joke of a decision.

Whilst I get your point it’s a bit premature to compare. Don’t get me wrong super was not a great footballer he just had that knack in a very successful time for us. Alfie is possibly a better footballer but until he is scoring actual champions league goals against some of the best in Europe it’s not even a discussion. Porto etc are nowhere near the forces they were in mccoists day I’m afraid

Noone compared them. He is close to equalling a record and considering where we were a few years ago it is nothing short of incredible!

He has scored against Young Boys x2 champions league team, Porto x 2 Champions league quarter finalists the previous season, Feyenoord x 2 Champions league team, Legia Warsaw, Midtjylland x 3 Champions league team/Danish Champions. Rapid Vienna x 2 and Maribor

Don't disparage your own players achievements. There are plenty of orcs doing that.

Back