Top man so far and who will win POTY?

For me.

Tav has been the outstanding performer, performing consistently at an 8 or 9/10

Goldson, Helander, Kamara and Arfield I would say these have been the next most consistent players 8 out of 10 most weeks

Then I would have Kent at an occasional 8 or 9, particularly at the start, but hes dropped to 7s lately.

Davis and Barisic have mostly been really good and consistent 7 out of 10 .

The goalies have hardly put a foot wrong, came up with some big saves, but some games hve been virtual spectators. Probably averaging 6.5 each week.

Then I would have players like Jack, Hagi, Aribo, Roofe who have been a bit stop start(for different reasons), but plenty more to come. 6/10

Morelos has had mostly below par performances imo, although I do think he played well in the old firm. Averaging around 5/10 most weeks , hopefully being on the bench this weekend will make him realize he needs to step it up.
Morelos definitely hasn’t averaged a 5/10.

looks like some of your picks are quite negatively affected by what they did last year, so when they have an average performance you see it as a 5 or 6 instead of a 7, eg Alfie, Barisic.

Morelos definitely hasn’t averaged a 5/10.

looks like some of your picks are quite negatively affected by what they did last year, so when they have an average performance you see it as a 5 or 6 instead of a 7, eg Alfie, Barisic.

In your opinion.

If it was influenced by last year, Morelos would have been by far and away our standout player.

I would say the fact that you are unable to admit Morelos has been our weak link thus far this season, is you being influenced by what he did last year, not me.

Absolute belter of a post showing a lack of self awareness and what appears to be no clue as to what Hagi has done this season already. Can you tell me when he deserved to be benched, which performance or performances led you to this? I've no issue with any player dropping out the team, different opponents, surface, tactics all need to be considered, but the amount of people who think Hagi drops out of games, or think he has been poor, obviously dont look at his work rate off the ball or understand that some of his passes won't come off as his team mates haven't read the game the same way or god forbid realise he is human and may have one go astray. Shoot more would be my criticism, he has that ability from range, would like to see more of that.
Your lack of self awareness is unparalleled. Go back to this board at the start of the season or any other news outlet and there were many pointing it out.

The usual tactics of people defending a favourite, his passes didn’t come off because of other players. Brilliant laugh.

Tav, unless we sign Hutton in January...

He's been consistent for years and should finally get to lift some silverware

Given I don’t watch much of the other teams but I can’t think of anyone else deserving of it. Goldson? Scott Arfield? No one of any other team has done anything of note (one game to go of course)

a win next week surely secures MOTM for Gerrard eh?

You’re right - If there’s no ‘politics’ involved the awards should Both be the same as last month.

Im just not sure they’ll do it, or have done so before, but this SHOULD be a first.

Tav

supporting cast

kamara and davis have been excellent
helander always top drawer
kent until that game there was on fire
hagi, despite having critics, is posting unreal numbers
goldson has been v good as well

Absolute belter of a post showing a lack of self awareness and what appears to be no clue as to what Hagi has done this season already. Can you tell me when he deserved to be benched, which performance or performances led you to this? I've no issue with any player dropping out the team, different opponents, surface, tactics all need to be considered, but the amount of people who think Hagi drops out of games, or think he has been poor, obviously dont look at his work rate off the ball or understand that some of his passes won't come off as his team mates haven't read the game the same way or god forbid realise he is human and may have one go astray. Shoot more would be my criticism, he has that ability from range, would like to see more of that.
You can pretend Hagi wasn’t struggling at the start of the season to try and assert some faux intellectually superiority over others on here all you want.

Those with a more objective and honest opinion will admit he was playing poorly at the start of the year and was rightly taken out of the firing line by the manager.

Hagi is the guy turning in 5s at the start of the season, not Alfie.

Everyone knows it is true Hagi was struggling for form at the start of the year. Gazza will no doubt come back and deny this but there is no point arguing with a man who will deny what his eyes have seen and what the vast majority of people watching Scottish football could see at the start of the season, including Steven Gerard.

I don’t know why Gazza is so hell bent on rewriting history. But that is up to him.

The good thing is, Hagi was Motm contender Sunday and playing much better now.

Last edited:
Tavernier has to be the most improved player in Britain over the past 5 years.

His form thus far this season has been outstanding.

If it continues, soon enough there will have to be an argument for him getting in the England squad as Trent’s / Trippier’s back-up. Only problem is Southgate wouldn’t choose 3 full backs for one position. So it would likely be an injury or dip in form.

The Killie game after he was hooked early for not performing in the Livi game. The manager rightl6 dropped him to the bench.

So that’s a large section of the Rangers support and the manager Steven Gerrad saying he wasn’t performing and needed dropped.

How’s your “self awareness” doing? ;)

Maybe wind your neck in call the other supporters embarrassing for wanting an off form player dropped?

You can pretend Hagi wasn’t struggling at the start of the season to try and assert some faux intellectually superiority over others on here all you want.

Those with a more objective and honest opinion will admit he was playing poorly at the start if the year and was rightly taken out of the firing line by the manager.

Hagi is the guy turning in 5s at the start of the season, not Alfie.

Everyone knows it is true Hagi was struggling for form at the start of the year. Gazza will no doubt come back and deny this but there is no poin5 arguing with a man who will deny what his eyes have seen and what the vast majority of people watching Scottish football could see at the start of the season, including Steven Gerard.

I don’t know why Gazza is so he’ll bent on rewriting history. But that is up to him.

The good thing is, Hagi was Motm contender Sunday and playing much better now.

Wow, thats me told. Must be true, someone wrote a paragraph about fans having an opinion. Hagi has contributed in pretty much every game, even the ones he 'struggled' in :rolleyes:

Just to remind you, you called me arrogant, 3 replies and a lesson in arrogance later... (edit, 4 replies now)

Tav must be front runner but Borna, Kent, Kamara & Arfield and a couple of othrs have been sizzling too.

Wow, thats me told. Must be true, someone wrote a paragraph about fans having an opinion. Hagi has contributed in pretty much every game, even the ones he 'struggled' in :rolleyes:

Just to remind you, you called me arrogant, 3 replies and a lesson in arrogance later...
Still think others are “embarrassing” for wanting on an off form player dropped?

Is it poor memory or just plain dishonesty in saying Hagi wasn’t off form at the start of the season?

Whilst we shouldn’t always just go with the majority, I don’t think myself, huge swathes of the support who watch us every game and speak on Follow Follow and other social media and the manager Steven Gerrard who hooked him early at Livi and benched him for the next game are all wrong? Are we all wrong? Or is it you? But who is the arrogant one again? Who is calling others embarrassing for wanting the manager to pick the on form players and not persist with a guy wildly out of form just so we can show our pseudo intellectual football credentials?

If people are roasting Hagi’s form after Sunday they are off. If they were saying he was poor at the start of the season it is your and not their opinion which appears to less well fit the available evidence.

Still think others are “embarrassing” for wanting on an off form player dropped?

Is it poor memory or just plain dishonesty in saying Hagi wasn’t off form at the start of the season?

Whilst we shouldn’t always just go with the majority, I don’t think myself, huge swathes of the support who watch us every game and speak on Follow Follow and other social media and the manager Steven Gerrard who hooked him early at Livi and benched him for the next game are all wrong? Are we all wrong? Or is it you? But who is the arrogant one again? Who is calling others embarrassing for wanting the manager to pick the on form players and not persist with a guy wildly out of form just so we can show our pseudo intellectual football credentials?

If people are roasting Hagi’s form after Sunday they are off. If they were saying he was poor at the start of the season it is your and not their opinion which appears to less well fit the available evidence.

Can't hear you, your too high on your soapbox, calm down dear.

Last say on this for me, there were many posts on here at the start of the season, Hagi split opinion, pretty much 50/50, it would be easy to find a post that blows your whole "huge swathes" of fans argument away. A lot of the ones who had a go, still post out shit like he is hiding, shitbag, goes missing etc. Thats who I was aiming at. Who knows, maybe you have a guilty conscience the way you have lost the plot here.

You’re right - If there’s no ‘politics’ involved the awards should Both be the same as last month.

Im just not sure they’ll do it, or have done so before, but this SHOULD be a first.
Lennon got it last month...

If we win next Sunday there’s no reason why Gerrard isn’t rewarded and probably Tavernier as well

Tav, following by Goldson, Arfield, Kamara and Aribo in no particular order.

Goldson or Tav at the minute.

The likes of Aribo and Kent are still in with a shout if they get back to where they were soon.

It's surprising we're not talking about Alfie, it shows you how much the rest of the squad have came on.

So far it's Tav by a mile.

For the year... I'll go with Roofe after he goes on a 20 league game in a row scoring run :cool:

Last edited:
Tav has been our top man (so far) by an absolute mile.

Goldson/Kent/Arfield/Kamara etc have all been very good. Excellent in fact! But they don’t come close to Tav.

I can’t spilt Goldson and Tav both have been superb, to be honest I don’t think any players overall rating for the season would be below a 7

Tav has been consistently good. He's been the best so far.

Kent, Arfield, Goldson, Helander and Borna really good too.

Several others are contributing plenty.

Aribo pre injury. Kamara in bigger games. Jack. Davis. Both keepers.

Few have let us down

So far, Tav. But way too early to consider. Probably 40-45 games to go. And still 26 even just taking league games left.

The one stick that many used to beat Tav with was, "he can't defend". Well, that has certainly been put to bed this season and you can't say he hasn't been tested in big games.

So far in the games against Gala, Sheep, Celtic and Liege he's been one of our better players.

And then there's what he's doing going forward which is just, quite frankly, a joke.

So the answer to this thread is almost certainly Tav but not far behind are Kent, Arfield, Goldson and Borna in that order.

Tav so far. But if we win a few bits of silver, and we will, then I reckon one or two of the forwards might be in the reckoning at the end of the season. I think when Itten and Roofe are fully up and running they will score for fun in this league.

Back