Top ref in charge of Rangers clash with Legia Warsaw arrested in drugs ring probe

Syme

Didn’t see another thread on this so admin chop if there is please.

Slovenian ref Slavko Vincic, who was in charge of Rangers’ Europa clash with Legia Warsaw this season, has been arrested as part of a probe into a sex and drugs ring in Bosnia.

The 40-year-old was the man in the middle in August at Ibrox as an injury time goal from Alfredo Morelos sent Rangers through into the group stages of the competition.

And Vincic was also the referee when Celtic gained a credible 1-1 draw in a Champions league clash at Manchester City four years ago.

But he was locked up as part of the police investigation, with 26 men in total arrested after officers seized cocaine, weapons and cash.

The whistler was quizzed by police but the Maribor-based official insisted he had done nothing wrong.

He said: “After a meeting with some business partners, there was an invitation to a party at a ranch to which we responded.

After the police raid, we were invited to an informative interview, where I explained that I did not know these people at all. Afterwards, they gave me the green light to return home to Slovenia.”

Slovenian FA ref chief Vlado Sajn said: “It is a coincidence that Vincic was there. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

“But the stain on his reputation could damage his refereeing career.”

Usual pish biaised reporting. We go through with a last minute goal and scum get a credible draw against a Citeh youth team in a match that was a dead rubber.

Obviously its worth printing nothing wrong with that but interesting the record(guess its volcano face and his mates anyway) cannot write or even question widespread corruption in refereeing and at the top of the sfa/spfl, quite the opposite, but ofcourse this is a massive story as hes foreign and might have given us a decision recently in a tight game.

Back