Torbett

What does it take for the media to as a collective sit on this story?

It gets scant coverage in the evening times and absolutely zero coverage on BBC Scotland.

They are shamelessly part of this problem. Why aren’t questions being asked?

It is simply not right that this matter be continually swept away like a players drink driving offence or other low level misdemeanour. These people stole innocence. These people and this club ruined people’s lives!

WHAT THE %^*& IS GOING ON? Where are the Msps on this matter? Are they ALL colluding to protect this club? This goes way beyond sinister.

Someone should Tweet Daniel Taylor from the Guardian on this. He played an integral role in uncovering what has been happening in England. The role the media played down south was absolutely key. It's strange that the Scottish media are stepping back - it maybe takes the English media to look at it more closely.

Taylor is no friend of ours so be careful not to make it an us v them type thing.

It appears that Tommy Burns called what was happening at the Boys Club "a Web of evil". These are the words in Andy Ritchies autobiography.

g3fIZZD.jpg

WkI0vsA.jpg

Dei6kCm.jpg

No chance will any of it fall on the tramps. Their placemen in positions of power in this shitehole will make sure of that.

Exactly this.

They’ve got all the bases covered and friends in all the right places. No chance they’ll ever be brought to task for their part in anything.

If this was any other organisation where children were involved, a full scale investigation would have taken place and that institution shut down.

Why not here.............

Vile and disgusting behaviour by the authorities, that are in place to protect our children........

Not quite any other organisation, mate. You forgot about the RC church, the world champions of condoning and covering up child abuse on an even greater scale than their favourite fitba club.

Your point about the NDA’s is an interesting one. I almost no legal expert but NDA’s surely should not stand up in face of the legal and criminal repercussions.

https://www.farleys.com/solicitors-for-you/abuse-claims/abuse-football/

I'm sure firms like this would circumvent any attempt to use NDA's to shield the perpetrators would be torn apart. This is a crime like no other seen in sport by a minimum of four known predators, that is verging on five decades of abuse at the one club.

The facts are there for all to see, abuse from barrowfield to Bristol, on U.S. and European soil, yet no one in Government or media wants to call it what it is.

Just think of that happening in front of you, and willingly ignoring it's presence......what would that make you ?

The excuses have started already:

Lets not waste the prosecutor fiscal and the courts time folks, back then it was just kiddie fiddling and real men wouldn't have said anything about it cos it was fine.

What a filthy, mhanky, fucking tramp.

", and considering it was at a time when nothing was done regarding understanding the effects sexual abuse had on children, you can't then demand that the current thinking be applied when we didn't even want to think about such things in those days, far less investigate them."

Ah the old "it was done back in the days when we didn't really know it was wrong to rape kids in our care" routine. That's fine, just let them off with it then. FFS!

There’s something very strange and sinister going on here, 4 employees of Celtic, who it seems worked at the club at the same time are all charged and due to appear in court, yet blink and you’d miss the ‘coverage’ in the press.

I certainly don’t see this as an us vs them scenario, but surely the media owe it to those brave enough to come forward after so many years being ignored or silenced not to allow the cover up to continue?

I see a lot of people taking the usual "it's them, naebody will mention it" line.

Sorry, but on here, as with everywhere else, we are subjected daily to all sorts of trivial, inane, inconsequential stuff that is doing the rounds on Twitter. Is Twitter going to suddenly shut down and lose all it's impact and power because the bheasts desperately wish to smother the real biggest story to ever hit Scottish fitba?

Bears should be making it their mission to tweet the fucking life out of this from day one.

Get right into the BBC Scotland account and everyone of their minions individually who attacked us. Stuart Cosgrove, Graeme Speirs, Jim Spence, Chick Young, Richard Gordon, Tam Cowan, Mark Daly, etc, etc.
Ask then what their comments are, and what they are doing to highlight this shame.

Same with :
The Daily Record, their account and their hacks individually, same with their online edition comments section
The Sun, their account and their hacks individually, their online edition comments section
The Daily Mail, their account and their hacks individually, their online comments section
Thompson of Channel 4
Raman and the various other half-wits at STV
celtc fc themselves
Stephen Thomson of DUFC, Stewart Milne of Aberdeen, Ron Petrie at Hibs, any other club representatives who were quick to stick their head above the parapet to attack us.
Every and any celtc-minded "celeb", personality or ex-players who have rammed their celtc-minded opinion down our throats.

Every single one of these people should be bombarded to make sure that the message is out there, and asking them directly what they are demanding be done about it.

Even better if the word can be shared with people down south who have any links to the parallel enquiry down there.

The tims in their various guises (fans, press, celebs, bloggers, broadcasters, ex-players/managers) would be lining up in legions to spring into action if it was us who was covering up FIVE DECADES (minimum) and SIX INDIVIDUALS (minimum) of child abuse.

Is this beyond us? Really?

And remember, this is child abuse we are talking about so don't let anybody brush you off with accusations of whataboutery. There was none of that going on when it was the BBC and Jimmy Savile and Co that was under the spotlight.

Exactly this.

They’ve got all the bases covered and friends in all the right places. No chance they’ll ever be brought to task for their part in anything.

It's disgusting.
It's not as if they need to go after the evidence with a fine tooth comb,it's all there right in front of them.
You just wonder what horrors they would uncover if they did do a bit of digging.

A horrible feckin club.

It appears that Tommy Burns called what was happening at the Boys Club "a Web of evil". These are the words in Andy Ritchies autobiography.

g3fIZZD.jpg

WkI0vsA.jpg

Dei6kCm.jpg

The bit in the car, sick bastard, and to think what happened to others, and yet all along the board room at Celtic Park did nothing. Historical sexual child abuse that was encouraged by their lack to forestall the sick minded perpetrators that carried out these sexual attacks on children. It really is beyond all comprehension as to why, there has not been a public inquiry into the biggest cover up in the history of Scottish football, relating to this kind of child abuse, in fact, it is a down right disgusting, to say the least. Some prominent figures within our society really do have to look at themselves.............

Last edited:
Just found this on the net but why don't the media crucify these perverts who molested their own kind?
You see this is very interesting. They must be aware that this image exists.

Any self respecting organisation that had nothing to hide would be going mental at such an image and implications if there was no truth in the matter.

Writs would be flying in every direction to protect the brand.

So, why are they not going to court? Is it because it is a perfectly sums up the situation?

it really does put a different slant on the kelly's etc. absolutely DESPERATE attempts to hold onto power back in the 90's

Celtic FC to my knowledge have never pressed anybody about getting Jock Stein a knighthood. I have often wondered why this is he is after all the 1st British manager of a European Cup winning team surely for that alone he deserves one or is the real reason the grief that rancid club would get if they tried to get him one. See no Evil,Hear no Evil , Speak no Evil - It's the Celtic Way

It's actually disgusting and immoral that Liewell would try and distance Celtic from all this, forget about the victims and their families, and protect the image of the club, this seems to be what he is playing at.

What a horrible, callous bastard.

That lot have absolutely no morals. None, whatsoever.

Last edited:
it was a four year jail sentence...x £250k = £1m

Even Mark Daly could work that one out.

At the same time as Mccafferty, Heggarty and Cullen were sculking in the shadows.

That cesspit has enough there to keep BBC Scotlands journalists in ajob for years to come....
Trying to keep up here with so many of them.
McCafferty was the kit man who is about to face charges in Belfast.Cullen the photographer who has already been convicted.
Did I miss this one,who is this Heggarty you speak of ?

Note:
Lawrence Haggart the Celtic youth player was murdered by paedo Brian Beattie in 1996.
Angela Haggerty the Rangers hating boot is at the Sunday Herald.

Last edited:
Trying to keep up here with so many of them.
McCafferty was the kit man who is about to face charges in Belfast.Cullen the photographer who has already been convicted.
Did I miss this one,who is this Heggarty you speak of ?

Note:
Lawrence Haggart the Celtic youth player was murdered by paedo Brian Beattie in 1996.
Angela Haggerty the Rangers hating boot is at the Sunday Herald.
Lawrence Haggart also got a phone call that afternoon from McCafferty then a bheast turns up at the young lads house that night and the next morning I believe they found the young lad murdered

Perhaps a few English based papers may wish to cover this trial (given it’s a UK wide scandal) and would send reporters to court to do so. I believe the trial starts on 10 June ?

It's rotten to the core, is it any wonder they continually drive the Sevco crap about us to do otherwise would mean having to face up to their own lurid history. How many times do that mob try to shout you down about using child abuse to point score, I never ever seen it that way they have continually got away with it being covered up even though everyone knows about it that in itself is worse than the crime allowing it to go on unpunished for the good of Celtic Football Club. The media in this Country do not see a story in it I wonder why that is the names will come out sometime .

This makes for some sordid reading the connections to their club is irrefutable its like a secret society of paedo's.
http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/The+Murder+of+Lawrence+Haggart,+1996

As has been stated earlier in the thread, It was later revealed by Police Scotland that Jim McCafferty was an initial suspect in the murder due to him phoning the house on the day of the murder. If they ever linked McCafferty to Beattie they would be finished.
There's no doubt the investigation was a sham from day one.

There’s something very strange and sinister going on here, 4 employees of Celtic, who it seems worked at the club at the same time are all charged and due to appear in court, yet blink and you’d miss the ‘coverage’ in the press.

I certainly don’t see this as an us vs them scenario, but surely the media owe it to those brave enough to come forward after so many years being ignored or silenced not to allow the cover up to continue?

It’s getting to the point where the media’s glaring refusal to finger Celtic directly is threatening to overshadow the actual crimes themselves.

It’s getting to the point where the media’s glaring refusal to finger Celtic directly is threatening to overshadow the actual crimes themselves.

The Scottish mhedia all know about the endless paedoism and subsequent cover-ups at the Piggery. They won't go near it, however, because it all goes back to Jock Stein and they'll never destroy his reputation, despite the clear and irrefutable evidence of Stein handing over an award to a person he previously kicked out of the Piggery for crimes against vulnerable children. They'll never ask the simple question of why Stein presented that award and his motives for doing so. When they finally do ask that question, the scandal will break.

uYDzJRg.jpg
nope nothing to do with celtic.

Of course the boys club was affiliated to CFC my young brother is in that photo, also to a fellow poster on here who has stated that the parents of the abusers done nothing - Behave.

No 13/14 yr old kid was going to tell their mum or dad back then that they were touched in a sexual manner that's just how it was sadly.

I was a few years older and if i had knowing what this bxstard Cairney was up to wth my wee brother i would have confronted him and most probably have stabbed him.

There was insufficient evidence and he walked free ( Cairney ) however further evidence has came to light and he's back up to face the courts again, hopefully this time he suffers the consequence of his sordid actions.

Of course the boys club was affiliated to CFC my young brother is in that photo, also to a fellow poster on here who has stated that the parents of the abusers done nothing - Behave.

No 13/14 yr old kid was going to tell their mum or dad back then that they were touched in a sexual manner that's just how it was sadly.

I was a few years older and if i had knowing what this bxstard Cairney was up to wth my wee brother i would have confronted him and most probably have stabbed him.

There was insufficient evidence and he walked free ( Cairney ) however further evidence has came to light and he's back up to face the courts again, hopefully this time he suffers the consequence of his sordid actions.

and it must have been known by the club
that aspect can no longer be ignored

at some point the club must face charges

This need to be on record in court and thereafter action taken.

they should be stopped from competing until found innocent (mmm)

The Scottish mhedia all know about the endless paedoism and subsequent cover-ups at the Piggery. They won't go near it, however, because it all goes back to Jock Stein and they'll never destroy his reputation, despite the clear and irrefutable evidence of Stein handing over an award to a person he previously kicked out of the Piggery for crimes against vulnerable children. They'll never ask the simple question of why Stein presented that award and his motives for doing so. When they finally do ask that question, the scandal will break.

I think it’s a little broader than just protecting Stein’s legacy.

I’d be looking into the political and media connections made by John Reid especially while he was in situ at the Beggardome and asking if there are still favours being called in that insulates Celtic from the full glare of scandal.

everybody should phone and email poet sponsors asking them why they sponsor a rancid club who have hidden peodiphila for decades if thay get loads that will most likley make them take action

and it must have been known by the club
that aspect can no longer be ignored

at some point the club must face charges

This need to be on record in court and thereafter action taken.

they should be stopped from competing until found innocent (mmm)
You canny throw a club out the league, set in place a transfer ban, withhold transfer or other monies without first being found guilty ..... Can You let me think

The mhedia are still silencing them

Fucking shameful

Utterly fucking shameful

Memo to all staff "There are no ad clicks in paedo stories, and no one working for the Record is getting the Pulitzer. Why risk the mortgage payments on your 2-bed in Yoker with wee daft Lynn, for a 40yr old story where half the folk are dead?"

We have had our dark days and they were dark. But we will never, ever Sink as low as those sewer rhats.
They shout about sevco to try and deflect from the chamber of secrets.

I think it’s a little broader than just protecting Stein’s legacy.

I’d be looking into the political and media connections made by John Reid especially while he was in situ at the Beggardome and asking if there are still favours being called in that insulates Celtic from the full glare of scandal.

Jock Stein is the Scottish football mhedia's " God" who could no wrong, and they want that image to remain untarnished. They will never hear or say anything against him, despite his notorious actions and associations with the gruesome entity that is Torbett. The mhedia know that the questioning of Stein's immoral and quite appalling behaviour could bring the entire repulsive scandal out into the open.

Big Jock Knew.

It said it all at the time, and is still totally valid today and correct, yet we were pilloried for it in the media and the investigation into historical child abuse deemed off-grid by the Scottish government.

They don’t like us - why should we care ?

Pandora’s Box is ajar. Let’s blow the lid right off it.

Rangers were on the verge of having titles stripped. LNS stated that Rangers did not achieve any unfair competitive advantage. So no titles were stripped.

But what was it that Rangers were guilty of ? Rangers were guilty of non-disclosure of a side letter arrangement, that contravened the rules of the SPL and SFA. Another man on another day might have stripped tiles for this non-disclosure.

Scotland's football fans especially Celtic were baying for blood. Celtic FC questioned the LNS verdict.

Will Celtic be investigated, fined, have titles stripped for the non-disclosure of child sex abuse within an organisation, for which they were responsible? I think it would be correct to assume, that some kind of Tribunal should be set up to investigate this non-disclosure.

Yes, Rangers nearly lost titles for non-disclosure of side letters.

Last edited:
Rangers were on the verge of having titles stripped. LNS stated that Rangers did not achieve any unfair competitive advantage. So no titles were stripped.

But what was it that Rangers were guilty of ? Rangers were guilty of non-disclosure of a side letter arrangement, that contravened the rules of the SPL and SFA. Another man on another day might have stripped tiles for this non-disclosure.

Scotland's football fans especially Celtic were baying for blood. Celtic FC questioned the LNS verdict.

Will Celtic be investigated, fined, have titles stripped for the non-disclosure of child sex abuse within an organisation, for which they were responsible? I think it would be correct to assume, that some kind of Tribunal should be set up to investigate this non-disclosure.

Yes, Rangers nearly lost titles for non-disclosure of side letters.
Ha! Nice satire but remember Rangers weren't guilty of non disclosure of "side letters" (19th Century Terrorist propaganda)

Ha! Nice satire but remember Rangers weren't guilty of non disclosure of "side letters" (19th Century Terrorist propaganda)

Not satire at all.

Section [1] (5) of the LNS judgement in relation to side letters:

"......the scale and extent of the proven contraventions of the disclosure rules require a substantial penalty to be imposed;....."

Back