Tore André Flo

Look at all you penny pinchers. If we're regularly qualifying for the CL and making the last 32/16 then I hope we do push the boat out and sign some world class players, as long as we are debt free of course.

The scenes you typically get when a club smashes their transfer record, where fans gather to sing songs and rejoice with a celebratory cake with the record breaking fee written in icing.

In other words no scenes because who in the right mind celebrates the fact they’ve spent a boat load of cash.
Whit, i am not getting what your on about mate.

I’m really not fussed about beating transfer records other than sales when players are performing well and cashing in. If circumstances dictate we can spend a bit more on an even higher quality then fair enough, however our business model is miles away from that currently imo.

We are getting more right than wrong in the transfer market this season, we are now awash with similar quality all over the squad, I do feel this in now the time to add 1/2 of real quality every window and keep building for a CL squad. I’d like to see a new wide man, a striker and a midfielder over the next 2/3 windows, all better than we currently have and could be offset by a fredo sale. If £8-£10m was to be spent on one of them I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit surprised, breaking the flo record might be a bit too far though.

Flo was a waste of money - like the Murray that bought him.

We have a great manager that can turn bargains into gold - that is our future.
For me, the warning signs should've been there for us,paying that sort of money was Murray on an ego trip,you can be sure it certainly wasn't coming from his pocket.

On the one hand I think its far away but then if we qualify for the CL in the next few years and sell one or more of our top assets for a lot of money then it could be quite soon. The problem signing a player for more than £12m is the wages that need to go with it.

Can’t see us spending £12m ever to be honest, too much pressure on that player & doesn’t suit our business model.

If your spending £12m on a player in Scotland he’s going to be expected to perform 9/10 every week.

Just can’t see it to be honest.

On Flo, his goal record is really good & we got £6.75m back so it’s nowhere near as bad as some make out in terms of business.

Look at all you penny pinchers. If we're regularly qualifying for the CL and making the last 32/16 then I hope we do push the boat out and sign some world class players, as long as we are debt free of course.
They’ll never be a world class player, playing in Scotland

On the one hand I think its far away but then if we qualify for the CL in the next few years and sell one or more of our top assets for a lot of money then it could be quite soon. The problem signing a player for more than £12m is the wages that need to go with it.

I've no doubt we could afford to do so in the next season or two.

For the reason above (wages) and the impact on squad unity, I suspect we will have an internal wage cap and separated capital/operational football budgets that would make it unlikely.

Hopefully no time soon. We need to focus on being self sufficient as we can’t keep relying on the directors with deep pockets bailing us on.

Our aim is and should be to buy for 2-3 million and sell for 10-12 million. The scum had been doing that pretty well until they spent 9 million on Edouard who also has a 40% sell on fee and now find them self in a situation where they need to sell the underperforming lazy Frenchman for £24 million to see any return in investment.

Hopefully no time soon. We need to focus on being self sufficient as we can’t keep relying on the directors with deep pockets bailing us on.

Our aim is and should be to buy for 2-3 million and sell for 10-12 million. The scum had been doing that pretty well until they spent 9 million on Edouard who also has a 40% sell on fee and now find them self in a situation where they need to sell the underperforming lazy Frenchman for £24 million to see any return in investment.

Totally agree here. We should be signing the next Morelos now, so that when he does go we have a ready made replacement. His signing shows that there are players out there for very low prices that can have a great impact. That is the market we need to concentrate on. We should spend more on scouting than big transfer fees, if that makes sense.

The scenes you typically get when a club smashes their transfer record, where fans gather to sing songs and rejoice with a celebratory cake with the record breaking fee written in icing.

In other words no scenes because who in the right mind celebrates the fact they’ve spent a boat load of cash.

You forgot the human sacrifice to the transfer gods.

Absolute scenes.

Kamara, Morelos, Goldson, Tav even the likes of turning a profit on Windass that’s what I want to see not spunking ridiculous fees on one player.

Can’t see us spending £12m ever to be honest, too much pressure on that player & doesn’t suit our business model.

If your spending £12m on a player in Scotland he’s going to be expected to perform 9/10 every week.

Just can’t see it to be honest.

On Flo, his goal record is really good & we got £6.75m back so it’s nowhere near as bad as some make out in terms of business.
I've watched the profile of the SPFL be raised to probably it's highest since the 9IAR days. Obviously, this is because of Gerrard and The Tranny Shagger. Did I think I'd see us spent £7m on a player after the last few years? No, I did not, but we did. We also brought in Defoe, which I also could never have seen happening... I wouldn't rule out a 10m signing in the next few years, especially if we made CL Groups.

Steady on Pep
we are a world away from qualification through a CL group, different ballgame altogether

Are you the real BABN??

Need to calm down a bit.

Easy to get carried away just now and let our minds wander into what CL participation would mean.

If this season goes to plan then we go into the 3rd stage of the CL, if we won that then there is a playoff I think. So much still stands in our way of CL groups.

Even if we made it, I don't think we would be splashing out on multi million pound transfers.

Would be nice to see a profit in our accounts in the coming years.

We’ll never spend that amount on one player again and not should we. Buy low, develop then sell high. Thats the model.

Back