Tore André Flo

Off topic slightly but when you look at the transfer fees ourselves and the Scum were paying out 20 years ago, is there any other league in the world where transfer spending has actually regressed to such an extent over that period? Is Scottish football an anomaly in that regard?

The top leagues in the world just get richer and richer which is why we see ever higher transfer fees. It's like hyper inflation.

But in Scotland we've gone the other way. Even the diddy clubs in the 90s seemed to have more cash than they have nowadays.

Flo was a good player and scored plenty goals. The problem was it was a panic signing where we paid well over the odds.
As for buying for that kind of money again, it will only happen if we get into the CL consistently.

100%. Flo played well for us but it was his signing fee that put a lot of pressure on him to be a world class player for us.

still remember when he signed I went straight to the rangers shop we had at the time in ballymena and got his name on the back of my top lol. We were playing Celtic the following sunday think this was flo’s debut? We beat them 5-1.

100%. Flo played well for us but it was his signing fee that put a lot of pressure on him to be a world class player for us.

still remember when he signed I went straight to the Rangers shop we had at the time in ballymena and got his name on the back of my top lol. We were playing Celtic the following sunday think this was flo’s debut? We beat them 5-1.
It was Indeed, he missed a good chance then scored an instinctive finish.

It was Indeed, he missed a good chance then scored an instinctive finish.

remember it well. Great atmosphere. I remember I was staying with my cousin the Saturday night as we were both heading to the game. Slept in and missed the bus in ballymena. My uncle had to speed all the way to larne and we made the boat with not a second to spare lol

Look at all you penny pinchers. If we're regularly qualifying for the CL and making the last 32/16 then I hope we do push the boat out and sign some world class players, as long as we are debt free of course.

so IF we win the league IF we get through the qualifiers IF we get through the group stages IF we get to the next round... then buy world class players??

Calm the fck down...

Whit?

Ridiculous post.
I think he's had Flo come in to his mind for whatever reason today and is asking if we think we will ever break that fee, and I presume the imagine the scenes bit means the meltdown in the east end if we did, re their obsession with our finances.

so IF we win the league IF we get through the qualifiers IF we get through the group stages IF we get to the next round... then buy world class players??

Calm the fck down...
Calm the fųck down? Really? Let's say we're raking in 30+ million a season, do we just continue to buy 500k to 7 million or do we push the boat out and aquire a superstar or 2 each season who may cost 12 or 14 million but really make us competitive in Europe where it matters?

Yeah that won't be happening. I would hope that we wouldn't be spending that sort of money on a single player. Our model is working very well at the moment and I reckon Kent at 7M was about the limit.

Give the OP a break lol

I cant wait for a time when we can drop £15 mil on someone tbh, especially if it's a big name

Excitement levels will be peak, there'll be a huge buzz around the club n the Tims will be frothing about some funding conspiracy, who doesnt want that?

Murray (the lady's front bottom) always panicked. He hated ordinary people and never trusted the support to stick with it. Celtic went to Chelsea and got Sutton. After the 6-2 Murray (the lady's front bottom) went to Chelsea and paid double what Sutton cost for a Chelsea substitute. Incredible times.

Give the OP a break lol

I cant wait for a time when we can drop £15 mil on someone tbh, especially if it's a big name

Excitement levels will be peak, there'll be a huge buzz around the club n the Tims will be frothing about some funding conspiracy, who doesnt want that?

Flo was not a big name. He was an impact sub for Chelsea.

Issue with a +£12 million signing isn’t likely to be necessarily the fee which in itself still be a push but the likely +£50k a week wages and the cost/impact of that on the other players.

Calm the fųck down? Really? Let's say we're raking in 30+ million a season, do we just continue to buy 500k to 7 million or do we push the boat out and aquire a superstar or 2 each season who may cost 12 or 14 million but really make us competitive in Europe where it matters?

Let's get this title won 1st before talk of spending big money.. we've spent very wisely so far and agree Champs league is another level so better players are required but you don't have to spend big for good players players Kamara ? Morelos ? ...

Not gonna lie, gubbed an edible last night and fell into a Tore André Flo rabbit hole. Got me thinking that it's been 20 years since we signed the big guy (%^*& I'm old)

Absolutely love our business model at the moment so definitely not saying we should go spend that amount anytime soon.

And I was more imagining the scenes in the east end, cause we're skint and that.
I think he's had Flo come in to his mind for whatever reason today and is asking if we think we will ever break that fee, and I presume the imagine the scenes bit means the meltdown in the east end if we did, re their obsession with our finances.

Exactly this.

Not gonna lie, gubbed an edible last night and fell into a Tore André Flo rabbit hole. Got me thinking that it's been 20 years since we signed the big guy (%^*& I'm old)

Absolutely love our business model at the moment so definitely not saying we should go spend that amount anytime soon.

And I was more imagining the scenes in the east end, cause we're skint and that.

Exactly this.
Nothing wrong with any of your reasoning there! They have been getting carried away for years and it's payback time.

I wouldn't be saying so if I was a manager or player but as a fan I love it!

Back