Totally baffling

Camby loyalist

Keep seeing on here about players we have loaned out, Doc and obviously Murphy.

Aye but he's not what we need, he's 5th choice, aye but he's playing in a worse team who expect less etc etc I'm sorry but who's making these judgment calls? Our first team is a total embarrassment, like it or not it is.

We are struggling week in and week out, that isn't a lie, so forgive me if I'm thinking these guys out on loan couldn't make a difference. Have you ever heard the sign of insanity? It's doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. That's exactly we are doing.

I can't help but think they were loaned out because the first team were doing so well at that point and they both needed gametime.

Had we hit this blip before they went, they probably both would have got gametime here, and given that they're both playing against teams of a similar standard to the ones we've dropped points against and doing well, I've no doubt they'd have played a part.

They’re in loan to get game time and experience. Just because they’re doing ok at other clubs doesn’t mean they’d fit in our team. We can’t just bring players back from loans because they’ve had a couple of good games. Imagine Defoe was recalled after a couple of months, would we be happy with that?

I'd suggest the only thing that's a total embarrassment is this thread. We dominated in horrendous conditions today. But for dodgy officiating itd have been more than one. Take the night off
Haha seriously? So u are happy how we have been playing since the break then?

OP is correct. We need a massive boot up the arse. There will be better players out there who'd jump at the chance to represent the famous. Fire us to 55 or sling yer feckin hook!

I'd suggest the only thing that's a total embarrassment is this thread. We dominated in horrendous conditions today. But for dodgy officiating itd have been more than one. Take the night off

They do come out at night.

Aye but he's not what we need, he's 5th choice, aye but he's playing in a worse team who expect less etc etc I'm sorry but who's making these judgment calls? Our first team is a total embarrassment, like it or not it is.

We are struggling week in and week out, that isn't a lie, so forgive me if I'm thinking these guys out on loan couldn't make a difference. Have you ever heard the sign of insanity? It's doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. That's exactly we are doing.
I’m not embarrassed.
Disappointed?
Definitely, without a doubt, but never embarrassed.

As for the loan players, you might be right but you might be wrong.
When Docherty proves his current form is real and not just a purple patch, I’ll reconsider my view.
Ditto, when Murphy is doing it at a much higher level than the third tier in England.

When Docherty proves his current form is real and not just a purple patch, I’ll reconsider my view.
Ditto, when Murphy is doing it at a much higher level than the third tier in England.
All I'm saying right now we need something different from what we have and they might have been able to offer that? Is it because they can't fit into 4-3-3? If that's the case then we are done, we should be able to change formations to suit the opposition.

What is totally baffling to me is the way in which form has completely deserted the vast majority of our players since the break/the last 2 OF games.

We have been unlucky with injuries to key players & been subjected to absolutely disgusting suspensions & “honest mistakes”, but leaving that aside (sickening as it is), we have witnessed some really poor performances either in part, or some of the games, or in some cases every game since the break from virtually every outfield player.

It’s been a catalogue of sloppy passing, poor decision making, awful final balls, misfiring attacks, turgid, unproductive midfield play from what now looks like a very timid & deflated looking bunch.

We were an inch away from it being done yesterday.

Every game is now an almighty struggle & I simply cannot see any way that this team, in it’s current form, claws back 7 points & 20 goals.

What's embarrassing about loaning a player out that has barely played any football in 17 months due to a serious knee injury? Murphy needed minutes and games to get back to fitness something he wasnt getting with us. A fully fit Murphy is an asset to us but the right action was taken with him and it's good to see him doing well.

As for Docherty he is one of these players that gets better the less he plays he just isnt good enough and isnt a better option than any of the current players we have.

there both playing for teams who dont have to play against 10 men behind the ball. there also playing for teams that the opposing teams dont up there game just for them. playing hibs or burton isnt there cup final like it is playing rangers. its easy to see players do well at other clubs but at us struggle becos of the way teams play v us.

Most weeks the teams we are playing are on a par or worse than the third tier in England.

Our first team is a tough place to be at the moment. Talents not only required. You also need the stomach for it. Burton and hibs are a different environment.

All I'm saying right now we need something different from what we have and they might have been able to offer that? Is it because they can't fit into 4-3-3? If that's the case then we are done, we should be able to change formations to suit the opposition.
One of the most successful teams I watched was the Liverpool team that had Souness, Dalglish et al.
My recollection is that this team seldom, if ever, changed its way of playing as they knew that, nine times out of ten, it’d work for them.
Yes, they had better players than we have but their opposition was better as well.
My opinion is that this system will be successful again for Rangers and Gerrard because it works and our players are better.

Did you think our team was an embarrassment prior to us returning from winter break?

Exactly we contained Livingston very well,not getting the decisions yesterday could have cost us like Rugby Park.That mob where outplayed yesterday ,got a descion going their way AGAIN,yet managed to scrape a win .

Our first team is an embarrassment? The first team that saw us sitting in a wonderful position on 1 Jan - only to lose momentum? The first team that has us sitting on more points than any of Walter Smith's last three title winning sides at this point of the season?

I'm not gonna pour sugar on shite, we've lost form - badly - and have struggled for a few weeks. However, only a couple of months ago these same players were flying and they will again. Sadly too late for a league challenge. Docherty would not have made a difference because, put simply, he doesn't fit our style of play and he's not that good that we would change it to accommodate him. I'm a huge fan of Murphy and would have liked to see him stay and challenge Kent. In truth though, I watched him in a few Dev games and there was nothing to suggest he merited a place. Rather than castigate those who sent them out on loan let's just be pleased that our 'cast-offs' are a level above the teams they've joined. That's a good thing. No?

I honestly believe we will get back to the form of last year,but it will be too late to save the league.A good run in Europe and a Scottish cup win is a must.

I can't help but think they were loaned out because the first team were doing so well at that point and they both needed gametime.

Had we hit this blip before they went, they probably both would have got gametime here, and given that they're both playing against teams of a similar standard to the ones we've dropped points against and doing well, I've no doubt they'd have played a part.
I’m not convinced they would have got game time even with the blip. Ojo hasn’t had much game time and he’d still be ahead of Murphy (rightly or wrongly)

My beef on this is the manager's refusal to actively manage the game in front of him. I think he has a blueprint of 'his' game in his head and getting to that is his priority. He needs to win the game first.

Without question they never got a chance, whether they would have made a difference is debatable but it will always fall under the ‘who knows’ category.
The same can be said about Stewart and Jones at the minute, really not getting any relevant game time (what’s Stewart supposed to do in 8mins on Sat).
Can’t help feel the Ojo’s and Barker have been given ample opportunities and if even if they look ok in 1 game, they are certs to then get another crack and then disappoint in the next 3.
Overall I find Gerrards lack of any sub rotation or looking to freshen and change games patterns at times quite bizarre and very much reactive rather than proactive. Which at times is too late or wrong time to do this.

Funny, I keep seeing on here that the players we have out on loan would have been the difference in the games that we've struggled in. Docherty in midfield would have stopped us losing to Killie in midweek, Murphy would have got us goals against Hearts.

If these guys were given a chance in the team, what are folk genuinely thinking they would do? Would Murphy recreate Messi vs Bilbao? Is Docherty going to go full Yeboah and smash in 30-yard volleys every week? I doubt it somehow. If they were involved in games where we'd dropped points folk would be screaming for them to be shipped out.

It’s totally baffling that we always turn to players not getting a game and expect them to be our saviours during a bad patch.

Teams don’t tend to loan out their best players.

Back