Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon he will be away after next week. His reluctance to publicly say he isn’t interested and that he is only focussed on the next game, added to Scott Munn being at Spurs which a lot of people are forgetting, suggests to me that he is off.
If he does go what will the Japanese boys be thinking ? , time to move on as well unless they pull a rabbit out the hat.

I’d rather he stays as he only has one way of playing and won’t change and Beale and co have proved they can match him with better hungrier players next season we’ll get the better of them.

Beale if we back him in summer and sign quality in forward areas will deliver 56 no doubt in my mind.

And the meltdown of this “lucky” twat will be glorious to watch.

Have a feeling he’ll leave tho because if he beats Inverness his stock won’t be higher and I’m sure we’ll be driving fast after them next season to win our league trophy back.

Do you really think they’d only be 7 points clear if they didn’t wrap the title up months ago? They wouldn’t be losing at Hibs or drawing v St Mirren at home. This nonsense always comes up at the end of a season when they drop a few points, it lures people like you into thinking the gap is just a couple of close decisions in old firm games, when in reality, its how we approach every league game.

We are far more profligate than them against run of the mill sides - that’s a fact. They pick up more points against the other teams, score more and concede less.

They finished on 99 points, and it probably would’ve been 103-105 had then needed to get that. We need to do better in old firms I agree, but we especially need to take the bins out v Livi and St Johnstone. Firstly it’s easier to beat them, and 3 points is the same no matter who you pick it up against.

In the words of Graeme Souness, I’d accept 4 old firm defeats and a title win at the end of each season. There’s 102 points available to collect against the other 10 sides each season - we need to collect those and the old firms take care of themselves.

"people like [me]" - thanks for the condescension, twat.

Souness back-tracked on that comment because he realised the importance of the game. Not simply for the points but for the confidence it brings (or drains) as well as how it's viewed by other teams. OF games do not exist in isolation.

Had we won in January, for example, Beale winning his first OF and a gap reduced to 6pts - yes, I suspect the remainder of the season may have been a little different, albeit likely not enough to overturn the deficit.

Points are going to be dropped over a season, including to the likes of a Livingston or a St.Mirren. That's a reality.

I reckon he will be away after next week. His reluctance to publicly say he isn’t interested and that he is only focussed on the next game, added to Scott Munn being at Spurs which a lot of people are forgetting, suggests to me that he is off.
I thought that as soon as he went to spurs. Hasn't he appointed the fat lady's front bottom twice already

I hope he stays. The guy is a hilariously overrated manager and a good chunk of his success has been down to luck in terms of low percentage variables going his way. They were in disarray when he arrived - he did do a good job in assembling a squad in a short time frame and getting results. It does help when you can spend £30m+ though.

But let's not kid ourselves on, there is an element of luck in signing that many players and getting a high percentage of them not only right but for them to settle quickly. He was also fortunate that we lost our manager halfway through the season, we then go on to reach the Europa League final which obviously wasn't going to help our domestic form.

This season has been the worst season I can ever remember in terms of the amount of key players being out for sustained periods with injury. I don't think it was going to end well for Gio but he was really handicapped with what he had to work with. As soon as a few of their starters dropped out with injuries, they have dropped points - no coincidence.

He has been the beneficiary of weird circumstances in Scotland but he's not had the same variance in Europe - where he has been badly found out. There's no way his style works in Europe and it certainly won't work in the EPL.

In what world does that fat mess deserve to be mentioned for the Spurs job.
What the f has he achieved beating an ageing Rangers side and the absolute dross in the SPL.
Pumped out of Europe as well.
Spurs fans will go apeshit if that clown gets the job they are a huge outfit with a magnificent stadium.
Keep him here for Michael Beale to destroy him.

Do you really think they’d only be 7 points clear if they didn’t wrap the title up months ago? They wouldn’t be losing at Hibs or drawing v St Mirren at home. This nonsense always comes up at the end of a season when they drop a few points, it lures people like you into thinking the gap is just a couple of close decisions in old firm games, when in reality, its how we approach every league game.

We are far more profligate than them against run of the mill sides - that’s a fact. They pick up more points against the other teams, score more and concede less.

They finished on 99 points, and it probably would’ve been 103-105 had then needed to get that. We need to do better in old firms I agree, but we especially need to take the bins out v Livi and St Johnstone. Firstly it’s easier to beat them, and 3 points is the same no matter who you pick it up against.

In the words of Graeme Souness, I’d accept 4 old firm defeats and a title win at the end of each season. There’s 102 points available to collect against the other 10 sides each season - we need to collect those and the old firms take care of themselves.

I'm still trying to make sense of your first sentence tbh.

Let me get this right, you're saying; if they hadn't had the league wrapped up months ago, they'd actually be more than 7 points clear at this point?

How does that compute?

His comments certainly suggest that he's away. I would like him to be there next season when we take the title back but him leaving will throw a huge spanner in their preparation for next season.

Actually surprised Spurs are seriously interested. He wont last a year.

In what world does that fat mess deserve to be mentioned for the Spurs job.
What the f has he achieved beating an ageing Rangers side and the absolute dross in the SPL.
Pumped out of Europe as well.
Spurs fans will go apeshit if that clown gets the job they are a huge outfit with a magnificent stadium.
Keep him here for Michael Beale to destroy him.
This all day long. Daniel Levy has made a few bad appointments, he's not going to hire a nobody that hasn't managed in a top league. Beating Motherwell and Ross County means nothing. Spurs won't be hiring the fat slob.

If he does go what will the Japanese boys be thinking ? , time to move on as well unless they pull a rabbit out the hat.
If he goes this could cause chaos in their dressing room, the japanese players were signed to suit his system and signed because of him. I'd love them to appoint a lennon or Roy Keane type ( I know it won't be either of them) that goes in and causes carnage in their dressing room.

He’s away as Spurs have ran out of options, no one else wants the gig!!
It’s scandalous that Levy has turned the job into such a poisoned chalice that they appear unable to attract managers from the top echelons.

When you chase a guy that’s taken you to a Champions League final and the likes of Mourinho and Conte depart with withering comments about the way the club is run, the problems at Spurs are clearly deeper than the manager’s position alone.

The Fat Man of Celtic Park might understand that of course, but he’ll also know that the opportunity to manage one of the EPLs biggest names probably won’t come along again.

If he’s offered it he’ll take it, but I still think they’ll end up with someone else.

I do think he’s in the running (surprisingly, Spurs are mental). Ultimately, I don’t think he’ll be offered it and it’ll be spun as ‘I was never going anywhere, I love Celtic and had no intention of leaving, everybody please love me’ blah blah blah the usual romanticised shîte talk from them.

I'm still trying to make sense of your first sentence tbh.

Let me get this right, you're saying; if they hadn't had the league wrapped up months ago, they'd actually be more than 7 points clear at this point?

How does that compute?
You’re right. It’s the points tally I should’ve used, not the gap.

It’s scandalous that Levy has turned the job into such a poisoned chalice that they appear unable to attract managers from the top echelons.

When you chase a guy that’s taken you to a Champions League final and the likes of Mourinho and Conte depart with withering comments about the way the club is run, the problems at Spurs are clearly deeper than the manager’s position alone.

The Fat Man of Celtic Park might understand that of course, but he’ll also know that the opportunity to manage one of the EPLs biggest names probably won’t come along again.

If he’s offered it he’ll take it, but I still think they’ll end up with someone else.
Indeed it is a poison chalice but one of these managers will end Levy, it’s just a matter of time and the Spurs support awakening to the fact they need Levy out!

Blows my mind how many people on here are just outright refusing to believe he's a viable candidate and Spurs are genuinely interested when the most reputable journos in the country are reporting it.

Yous are acting like that mob when it's came to teams being in for our players in recent years.

Wild.
I don't think we're struggling with the idea of the interest being real, I just thought (personally) that Rodgers and Gerrard flopping might put teams off thinking that success in the SFPL is massively transferable at managerial level.

Without Kyogo and his 27 goals in the league this season the fat tramp would have struggled big time.

He's probably the number one difference between the teams right now not fat Ange. Losing Kyogo in the summer would be a bigger blow than fatty leaving himself I'd say.
Clutching at straws a bit there. Similar to when they would say we only beat them because Goram was in goals. Eh aye he's our fücking goalie.

I don't think we're struggling with the idea of the interest being real, I just thought (personally) that Rodgers and Gerrard flopping might put teams off thinking that success in the SFPL is massively transferable at managerial level.
I wouldn’t go as far saying Rodgers flopped at Leicester, mate.

He won an FA Cup and was a baw hair away from taking them into the CL twice - that’s an excellent return for a club like Leicester.

The FFP situation in the summer really unsettled the squad and left them struggling to catch up in January window.

Can’t believe I’m on here ‘defending’ Rodgers:))

To be fair to Rodgers he’d done a pretty good job with Leicester until this season, winning the FA Cup and taking them into Europe every year, narrowly missing out on the CL on a couple of occasions.

I think his stock will still be reasonably high with many an EPL board.

The part I quoted in bold is spot on. I’ve had mates and even folk in my family point to the final points gap being 7 points, like we closed the gap, but if the season was still alive when they played us, St Mirren and Hibs they’d have been more focused and nowhere use nowhere near the squad rotation they did.

The title was already won when they came to Ibrox, that’s not to say I didn’t enjoy scudding them, but mentally the pressure was off them. They took their foot off the gas after winning the title and the 7 point gap isn’t a fair representation of how the season went, in my opinion.

I will add that the performances against Celtic under Beale have been night and day to Gio’s tenure, but you can’t legislate for individual, schoolboy errors messing up tactics and a game plan which had been working. And then there’s Fashion missing two identical open goals in two major cup ties.

If Beale can get the recruitment as good as he has got it with Cantwell and Raskin, then I’m hopeful of a better year next season.

The scum absolutely detest Rodgers haha

He won't be going back there ffs
They'd sell their children if it meant beating us, such is their lack of morals or principals.

If fatty left, and Rodgers was interested, there would be a very real chance of it happening, and the spin from their club about it would have them forgive and forget all, very quickly.

He's not going to Spurs ffs :))

Folk really think this?
Of course he isn’t.I think it’s people indulging in a bit of bheast baiting:Dknowing they’ll be looking in and going down the “he’s away, serious journos have said it” road.

Can you imagine the new manager of Tottenham Hotspur being fat Angelo hahaB-D.Lunacy

Blows my mind how many people on here are just outright refusing to believe he's a viable candidate and Spurs are genuinely interested when the most reputable journos in the country are reporting it.

Yous are acting like that mob when it's came to teams being in for our players in recent years.

Wild.

Spurs have clearly got to a point where they are now having to consider Postecoglu and Rodgers. At the start of their search they 2 would have been a last resort option.

We've seen Luis Enrique, Nagelsmann, Arne Slot and even Xabi Alonso rule themselves out of taking that job and that's before you look at other managers they wanted that have went elsewhere like Poch and Tuchel.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he isn't being considered, or at least on their current list of candidates, but also that Spurs surely won't get to the desperate stage of actually offering him it.

If I was a betting man I'd put money on Lopetegui being their next manager.

When you say he can’t handle it, what does that mean? He’s lost plenty of games in his 2 seasons and he’s still winning trophies, so your point doesn’t stand up.

I think the point being made is he reacts terribly to genuine pressure, as you can see from his time as Oz manager.

You can also get a whiff of what he’s like when anything goes against him.

So if we can pile that pressure on, the mask slips and the fat bloater shows himself for what he is.

Im not suggesting we’ll romp it, but there’s a whole lot to be positive about.

Of course he isn’t.I think it’s people indulging in a bit of bheast baiting:Dknowing they’ll be looking in and going down the “he’s away, serious journos have said it” road.

Can you imagine the new manager of Tottenham Hotspur being fat Angelo hahaB-D.Lunacy
Ah right.

So the well-connected journalists paid to specifically cover Spurs with no prior agenda to either side of Glasgow are just saying it for a laugh?

Cool.

Respected journalists as well as Romano are saying that they are interested in him but people on here know better. Whether he ends up getting it or not who knows, but they are clearly considering him
Wouldn't rule out Luis Enrique being appointed. Graham Potter, and the current Brighton manager will be in the running as well.

Clutching at straws a bit there. Similar to when they would say we only beat them because Goram was in goals. Eh aye he's our fücking goalie.

The drop in quality between Furuhashi and players like Oh Hyeon-gyu and Daizen Maeda is absolutely massive the other two didn't even hit double figures this season.

Lets put it this way if we faced them in a cup final which one of the above would you like to see missing from their starting 11?

That's the thing. They're going to get another guy in who doesn't have the skills to communicate with all these players then seperate groups form in the dressing room and it goes tits up.

That's what happens when you get a manager without a DOF and let him buy signings weirdly specific to him.

I think the point being made is he reacts terribly to genuine pressure, as you can see from his time as Oz manager.

You can also get a whiff of what he’s like when anything goes against him.

So if we can pile that pressure on, the mask slips and the fat bloater shows himself for what he is.

Im not suggesting we’ll romp it, but there’s a whole lot to be positive about.
I’d be more positive if he just left, rather than relying on a chain of events that we’d need to happen with him in charge for us to get a grip on the league and old firm games again.

It’s akin to when Rodgers left. We’d all prefer to beat AP, but it’ll be easier to beat someone new coming in who needs to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back