Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he isn’t.I think it’s people indulging in a bit of bheast baiting:Dknowing they’ll be looking in and going down the “he’s away, serious journos have said it” road.

Can you imagine the new manager of Tottenham Hotspur being fat Angelo hahaB-D.Lunacy
You’ll come back and eat humble pie if he does of course won’t you?

Won’t you?

The drop in quality between Furuhashi and players like Oh Hyeon-gyu and Daizen Maeda is absolutely massive the other two didn't even hit double figures this season.

Lets put it this way if we faced them in a cup final which one of the above would you like to see missing from their starting 11?
No idea as I only watch them when they play us and when they play us I'm focusing more on what our players are doing.

You’ll come back and eat humble pie if he does of course won’t you?

Won’t you?

Anyone who thinks there aren't any legs in this story is daft. It might not be a stick on to happen, but there's definitely interest on Spurs part.

If there wasn't, it would have been rubbished by someone from either side on Thursday/Friday.

Last edited:
Spurs have clearly got to a point where they are now having to consider Postecoglu and Rodgers. At the start of their search they 2 would have been a last resort option.

We've seen Luis Enrique, Nagelsmann, Arne Slot and even Xabi Alonso rule themselves out of taking that job and that's before you look at other managers they wanted that have went elsewhere like Poch and Tuchel.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he isn't being considered, or at least on their current list of candidates, but also that Spurs surely won't get to the desperate stage of actually offering him it.

If I was a betting man I'd put money on Lopetegui being their next manager.
I completely agree mate that there manager has been well down there preferred list and there almost getting to last resort territory.

But there is definitely a few crackpots on here who are still denying all links and saying well respected journos with no links to Celtic have made it up.

Do you genuinely believe Fabrizio Romano has made up that spurs are interested?

If so, why would he do that?
I'm interested in knobbing Michelle Keegan, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Seriously though, Romano has reported on countless things which don't come to fruition, where's the tweet on fat Ange?

Anyone who thinks there isn't any legs in this story is daft. It might not be a stick on to happen, bur there's definitely interest on Spurs part.

If there wasn't, it would have been rubbished, by someone from either side, on Thursday/Friday.
Yup. I think there’s a good chance next weekend is his last game.

He’s done everything in Scotland now and can’t take them any further

Gerrard won one trophy to his five in one less year, and no one was overly surprised to see him get the Villa job.

Other factors, of course, but it's a possibility.
There are similarities, Gerrard had an executive at villa he knew well. In Scott Munn Spurs have just appointed an Aussie who headed up the City Groups Operation in the Far East….Flange and Scott are well known to each other too!! Scott will undoubtedly be looking at what Flange can offer and at what price….they may even see him as a cheap no lose stop gap until someone else becomes available.

Seriously though, Romano has reported on countless things which don't come to fruition, where's the tweet on fat Ange?
No one said it's a certainty to happen but denying there is concrete interest is stupid.

No one said it's a certainty to happen but denying there is concrete interest is stupid.
How do you know there is concrete interest?

Serious question?

It's the exact same situation when the Chelsea gig became available and the Everton job, Ange was mentioned and was a 'serious' candidate.

Anyone with a brain cell could tell he was never a realistic candidate.

Serious question?

It's the exact same situation when the Chelsea gig became available and the Everton job, Ange was mentioned and was a 'serious' candidate.

Where was he mentioned as a genuine candidate from a reputable source down south for the Chelsea job?

And I trust the English reporters & Romano aren't touting him for the spurs job to suit an agenda up here.

Scottish football means nothing to them there would be no reason to consistently lie.

That, the cash he was able to spend and the 5 sub rule are why he’s still here.

and the fact we couldn’t take care of dross like Hearts and Motherwell at Ibrox just before Gerrard left.

Win these types of games and he is about 14 behind and sacked.

If we had our own house in order, he’d be managing Hyundai Chambuck-Li Motors FC right now.

They would have been floundering looking for a coach who’d have to work with Japanese no-marks who wouldn’t respond to anyone but Postecoglou. We would have won it at a canter.

Got sacked from his club in Cyprus months ago. Stayed out of the country until April to avoid paying tax for last year. Been back to his frequent Tennant’s bar visits since his return.
The guys function last night is pretty close to the celtc higher ups. Probably a few of they faces with him.

Serious question?

How do you know there isn’t?

Be surprised if it happened. The board would be hung out to dry if the appointment didn't work. Spurs need to spend on a name if they have any ambition. Appoint the slug and it could go tits up very quickly.

Im kind of not bothered either way if he stays or goes. He is a good manager, no doubt about it , but i think we have a good manager as well. Im not convinced he would be a success down there though unless he was willing to compromise his tactics. What is funny is some of that lot trying to convince themselves he would knock back an offer from Spurs. There is absolutely zero possibility of that happening.

You’ve said two or three times that it’s not happening, and that the reports are ‘bollocks’ to quote you.

I’m just keen to know how you know that?
Common sense.

The poster again said there was concrete interest, asking how knows this, that's all.

I think the whole idea is bizarre personally
But if I forget all the illogical rhetoric behind this & consider what sort of job he might do at Spurs - it gets even more absurd IMO

He's got one major tactic in his repertoire - which has proved disastrous in Europe
He's tactically rigid & inflexible
He's had some signing successes but has mostly shopped in one or two markets he's got prior knowledge of
There's nothing to suggest he could handle a substantial budget using wider markets
Before arriving at the scumhut - he'd got a track record of one good season followed by a collapse ( probably because opponents figured out his tactical limitations)
I think he got lucky this season because we didn't present the challenge we should have done & no one else in the SPL were capable of doing them damage

He's got the media / PR / charismatic presence of a bowl of cold porridge

Nunes Espirito Santo already knew the EPL well but didn't succeed - I can't imagine AP's knowledge of the EPL is all that great - but even if it's a bit better than I imagine - I'd still see him as being totally out of his depth

I think he'd last an even shorter period than his predecessors

Where was he mentioned as a genuine candidate from a reputable source down south for the Chelsea job?

And I trust the English reporters & Romano aren't touting him for the spurs job to suit an agenda up here.

Scottish football means nothing to them there would be no reason to consistently lie.
He was linked as a 'serious candidate' for the Chelsea job.

Do a quick google, you will see Talksport, The Irish Times, The Scotsman, Football London, The Guardian all mention him.

The two Spurs writers for the Athletic have said he's on their shortlist.

Miguel Delaney of the Independent has said likewise.

It's not exactly "Why Peter Grant thinks Big Ange is the man for Real Madrid" that we get up here.
Fair enough, but what I'm saying is he has been linked with other high profile jobs, he was a 'surprise' and 'mystery' candidate for the Chelsea job, did anyone seriously think he was going to get that gig?

From the outset Spurs were linked with Poch, Nagelsman, De Zerbi, Enrique, Slot, even Kompany and Zidane, of all the names linked, if they were to appoint Ange now, the punters would be furious.

I'd normally be fairly ambivalent about who their manager is but I want him to stay so we can beat him and enjoy his inevitable meltdown. He's had it far to easy for two seasons and still throws a wobbler at the first hint of criticism. I'm sincerely hoping we will be a different animal next season. Let's see how that lot cope with a bit of genuine pressure.

He would fail massively at spurs . He's a bang average manager who is at the perfect club for him. His football style gets found out at any decent level unlike scotland where even if teams do bar us the quality gap is so large it doesn't matter. He only really knows the Japanese and Asian markets are the spl is a level where these players look good. What evidence is there He can shop and recruit well for a club like spurs

Common sense.

The poster again said there was concrete interest, asking how knows this, that's all.
I don’t think you can use common sense when discussing football my man!

Unfortunately for Spurs, they’re not getting a top level manager. They’re probably not getting a manager from the next level or two down either, I think Conte’s words will have put a lot off.

You’ve mentioned that he’s been linked with Chelsea and Everton in the past - maybe a throwaway line here and there in the Scottish press or red tops, but you’ve never had the likes of Delaney, Pitt-Brooke and Romano all correlating essentially the same story.

I’m not sure he’ll ever get it, but I think you’re kidding yourself on if you don’t think he’s on Spurs’ list.

Anyone who thinks there isn't any legs in this story is daft. It might not be a stick on to happen, bur there's definitely interest on Spurs part.

If there wasn't, it would have been rubbished, by someone from either side, on Thursday/Friday.

This is it for me, we have seen the same scenario play out over numerous managers. It might not happen doesn’t mean it is a possibility.

Unfortunately for Spurs, they’re not getting a top level manager. They’re probably not getting a manager from the next level or two down either, I think Conte’s words will have put a lot off.

You’ve mentioned that he’s been linked with Chelsea and Everton in the past - maybe a throwaway line here and there in the Scottish press or red tops, but you’ve never had the likes of Delaney, Pitt-Brooke and Romano all correlating essentially the same story.

I’m not sure he’ll ever get it, but I think you’re kidding yourself on if you don’t think he’s on Spurs’ list.
Ixnay on the condescension dude.

Read your last paragraph back to yourself and try and make sense of it.

The two Spurs writers for the Athletic have said he's on their shortlist.

Miguel Delaney of the Independent has said likewise.

It's not exactly "Why Peter Grant thinks Big Ange is the man for Real Madrid" that we get up here.
Probably true, but who are the others on the shortlist?

Why are people so vehement in their view that it couldn't possibly happen? Or that the obvious interest from Spurs is made up?

Is it because you think that accepting Tottenham are interested suggests their manager might actually have some talent and ability as a coach? It's fine to admit that btw. You might no like it, but that's fine too.

Weird.

Common sense.

Nobody knows concretely that Spurs are interested, how could they?

But there are now multiple reputable journalists reporting interest. It hasn't been denied by either side either. The common sense approach would be to take that and assume there's something in it. Not simply deny it because you don't like Celtic.

You're not daft, you can read between lines, and you know how football works.

Common sense.

I think Rodgers will go to Spurs

But whether the greasey possom eater stays at darkheed or not I think his head will be turned

Hes been a success in footballing backwaters like Oz, Japan and Scotland, but the EPL would be a step too far for him, I think he will go there, and be sacked before the season is over.

Probably true, but who are the others on the shortlist?

Enrique, Amorim, De Zerbi and Postecoglou

According to them Postecoglou ticks "some of the boxes better than anyone else" (presumably the ones that says "Do you want to go large for 50p extra ?")

Can see Spurs going with Rodgers. Think that would make more sense.

Think Postecoglu will be off regardless. His head will have been turned and with the various jobs coming up in England he'll probably be in with a sniff and be off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back