Tottenham confirm plans for 2,000 fans to attend Arsenal derby match on 6 December

rangeral

Tottenham have announced plans for 2,000 fans to attend the north London derby against Arsenal on 6 December.

Spurs are one of 10 Premier League sides in tier two areas, where up to 2,000 people are allowed at outdoor sports venues after lockdown in England ends on 2 December. The other 10 teams are all in tier three, where no fans are allowed.

Spurs said they will allocate the tickets via a ballot for season-ticket holders and executive members only. It will be the first match in front of spectators at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium since the FA Cup fifth-round game against Norwich on 4 March.

Liverpool have also set out their plans for 2,000 fans to watch their Premier League match against Wolves at Anfield on the same day. Supporters will all be seated in the main stand, and the ballot will only be open to fans who live in the Liverpool City Region - an area that covers the boroughs of Liverpool, Halton, Knowsley, Sefton, St Helens and Wirral. Applicants must be season-ticket holders or members with at least 19 credits from the 2018-19 Premier League campaign.

Tottenham's home match against Brighton in the Women's Super League at The Hive in Barnet on 6 December will have a "limited capacity of fans", with more details to follow.

Arsenal will be the first Premier League club to be able to host home fans, for their Europa League tie with Rapid Vienna on 3 December. The first Premier League fixture to welcome fans could be West Ham v Manchester United on 5 December, before Chelsea take on Leeds later that day.

West Ham boss David Moyes said the club are "really looking forward to getting supporters back" to London Stadium. "We'd have liked to have had more, but it's a start," he added. "Hopefully the quicker we can get to bigger numbers, the better."

Spurs have also set out their Covid-19 protocols for fans to observe when attending matches. Starting from 72 hours before kick-off, all attendees will be sent a health questionnaire to complete and confirm they do not currently have coronavirus symptoms and will not travel to the game if they develop symptoms.

The club have also created a supporter code of conduct that they will ask fans to agree to before applying for tickets.

Liverpool have similarly created a code of conduct that will be launched in the coming days, while fans must complete a heath declaration at the point of ticket purchase.

What have other clubs decided?

Arsenal - No ticket ballot for the Europa League game against Rapid Vienna at Emirates Stadium on 3 December, with a 'first come, first served' priority sale for gold and premium members.

The Gunners will hold a ticket ballot for their match with Burnley on 13 December and for all subsequent home Premier League game. More information on the balloting process will be available next week.

Everton - Ticket ballot will only be open to season ticket and hospitality members. Eligible fans will be contacted soon with details of the ballot process for the next game at Goodison Park against Chelsea on 12 December.

Southampton - Tickets will be available to season-ticket holders. Club still working on a method to distribute tickets and will provide information on how to be considered for selection soon.

This is where, frankly, I agree with Nippy on a border for the duration of this pandemic.

Any regional tiering system is seriously compromised when you have such easily manipulatable events. It also gives rise to outsiders (non-football fans) not taking the actual lockdown seriously.

"Well if its all right to fill football stadiums............"

6th December ffs. All the while the NHS is bracing itself for the inevitable come the 23rd.

This is where, frankly, I agree with Nippy on a border for the duration of this pandemic.

Any regional tiering system is seriously compromised when you have such easily manipulatable events. It also gives rise to outsiders (non-football fans) not taking the actual lockdown seriously.

6th December ffs. All the while the NHS is bracing itself for the inevitable come the 23rd.
Mate, she's telling you for 4 days that you can go into houses over Christmas, 2000 people at a football game at an outdoor stadium that holds 70,000 odd is irrelevant in comparison

Mate, she's telling you for 4 days that you can go into houses over Christmas, 2000 people at a football game is irrelevant in comparison

If I'm being honest, I'm not certain Sturgeon will open Xmas up.

Also, I don't think a gathering of 2000 people in a confined space of a quarter of a square mile in terms of transport and regional cross-contamination can ever be dismissed as irrelevant. It completely contradicts the overall government messaging, and frankly NS is far better at making the unpopular decisions than BJ - she thinks she is untouchable, but thats another debate.

The press conference on the 11th will be telling, as will the figures filtered through the media in the build up.

The breadcrumb approach to bad news has been the MO so far. Watch how the figures are reported in the build up to her update on the 11th before you splash out on a huge turkey.

;-)

Switching the conversation to us slightly, I'd slightly dread a situation where fans could be allowed back in, en masse.

Let's keep the circumstances and conditions that have led to us being top of the table, unbeaten, for as long as possible, please.

Switching the conversation to us slightly, I'd slightly dread a situation where fans could be allowed back in, en masse.

Let's keep the circumstances and conditions that have led to us being top of the table, unbeaten, for as long as possible, please.

Are we the only fan base on the world with an element that doesn't want the crowd back in at all purely down to a belief the players will suddenly shite themselves in front of a crowd?

Not an attack on you, I see it on here quite frequently but don't know anyone off this forum that thinks like this.

I personally cannot wait to get to see us play as well in the flesh, cheer the team on and celebrate goals/wins with them.

Are we the only fan base on the world with an element that doesn't want the crowd back in at all purely down to a belief the players will suddenly shite themselves in front of a crowd?

Not an attack on you, I see it on here quite frequently but don't know anyone off this forum that thinks like this.

I personally cannot wait to get to see us play as well in the flesh, cheer the team on and celebrate goals/wins with them.

I don't think it's entirely that (though I don't think it's a coincidence that, amongst other things, Tav is having a brilliant season), but the conditions we find ourselves in this season have worked out for us.

It's pure speculation to ponder that we'd be behind where we are just now if we had a full set of fans in but I think I'm mostly supportive of preserving these circumstances for as long as possible.

Just a wee footnote, and right on cue for our earlier discussion re: breadcrumb approach.

Clyde 1 news now reporting a 'leaked memo' from the government around early finishing for schools on the 18th. I know for a fact the biggest teachers union are already pushing for a week before that.

Drip, drip, drip.............

Going to be totally lost in that size of Stadium.
Atmosphere at the Lane will be Zero.
No Change There Then. :rolleyes:

2000 fans in a stadium that holds 70k? Fans spaced apart by hundreds of seats, some atmosphere, pointless imo.

2000 fans in a stadium that holds 70k? Fans spaced apart by hundreds of seats, some atmosphere, pointless imo.
Why is it pointless?

It’s a start and it let’s 2000 attend a game, do you think 2000 Bears would think it was pointless if they were allowed to attend the old firm game?

I would be doing cartwheels at the prospect.

nonsense mate. In that case since we are playing so well without fans you will never want us to go back cause then we magically play shit again?

for what it’s worth anyway I don’t think I’ll go back until we are allowed everyone back. Sitting in a 50,000 stadium with 2000 would be a dire atmosphere. It would ruin the whole experience. Not to mention the hassle I’d have trying to get across.

nonsense mate. In that case since we are playing so well without fans you will never want us to go back cause then we magically play shit again?

for what it’s worth anyway I don’t think I’ll go back until we are allowed everyone back. Sitting in a 50,000 stadium with 2000 would be a dire atmosphere. It would ruin the whole experience. Not to mention the hassle I’d have trying to get across.

Why would anyone want a change in the conditions that have led to us being top of the league, unbeaten, with a serious chance of winning the thing? Seriously?

Whether it's a factor or not, the current set-up is working incredibly well for us.

Why would anyone want a change in the conditions that have led to us being top of the league, unbeaten, with a serious chance of winning the thing? Seriously?

Whether it's a factor or not, the current set-up is working incredibly well for us.

if we got back to a full house the fans will be on a pure high. Yes we can be moany c@nts at times but when we are on form we are really the 12th man. And I seriously think this group of players have that winning mentality now that a full house wouldn’t faze them. If anything it would spur them on even more

Considering what the london underground looks like every day, 2000 people in a massive stadium is perfectly fine.

Does that cow that boarded public transport knowing she had tested positive still work under her? As long as that’s the case she has no right to tell anyone to do anything as far as I’m concerned

if we got back to a full house the fans will be on a pure high. Yes we can be moany c@nts at times but when we are on form we are really the 12th man. And I seriously think this group of players have that winning mentality now that a full house wouldn’t faze them. If anything it would spur them on even more

We literally cannot ask more of the league results at Ibrox. Why would someone want to change that when the team's response to fans coming back is purely speculative?

If I'm being honest, I'm not certain Sturgeon will open Xmas up.

Also, I don't think a gathering of 2000 people in a confined space of a quarter of a square mile in terms of transport and regional cross-contamination can ever be dismissed as irrelevant. It completely contradicts the overall government messaging, and frankly NS is far better at making the unpopular decisions than BJ - she thinks she is untouchable, but thats another debate.

The press conference on the 11th will be telling, as will the figures filtered through the media in the build up.

The breadcrumb approach to bad news has been the MO so far. Watch how the figures are reported in the build up to her update on the 11th before you splash out on a huge turkey.

;-)
300 are getting into Ross county game. Capacity 6500. ~5%

2000 into spurs stadium. Capacity 65000. ~5%.

go nicola. Boo Boris.

You’re right. This treating people as adults really is a disgrace.
How in the name of Christ is 2000 people in a 60000 stadium a cause to spit the dummy out? Don’t give me the travel line that people throw out either.

300 are getting into Ross county game. Capacity 6500. ~5%

2000 into spurs stadium. Capacity 65000. ~5%.

go nicola. Boo Boris.

Is it 300 home fans?

Not being funny, but not many RC fans will stay out with the region.

Sticking to my original point - the 11th will signpost, if not explicitly tell us NS’s plans for Xmas let alone a return to football.

ANY kind of atmosphere in stadiums is better than none whatsoever and with fans being separated by quite a distance and clubs getting a feel for how to manage crowds in a COVID-19 environment it can only be a good thing imo

Is it 300 home fans?

Not being funny, but not many RC fans will stay out with the region.

Sticking to my original point - the 11th will signpost, if not explicitly tell us NS’s plans for Xmas let alone a return to football.
Yes 300 is maximum at the moment under tier 1 - home fans only

Elgin City have 220 at their game tomorrow

You’re right. This treating people as adults really is a disgrace.
How in the name of Christ is 2000 people in a 60000 stadium a cause to spit the dummy out? Don’t give me the travel line that people throw out either.

I’m not giving you any line. I’m not here to convince you.

It’s about the continuity of message. If I’m living under Tier 4 restrictions, and my business continues to suffer the way it has, I want to make damn sure everyone is playing by the same rules, and we get out of this ASAP.

Non essential travel outwith region is forbidden. There are a hundred ways around non-essential. A suitably determined person could navigate it easily.

Lockdown is lockdown. Do it or don’t do it at all. Football stadiums should be way down peoples priority lists, especially given we heading head first towards a guaranteed spike deep into the middle of winter.

The fans would have got us over the line last night

The fans would have got us over the line last night

Not sure they would have - some fresh players might have, though!

I do think the Lech Poznan game was a mature, settled and patient performance that might not have been possible with a full set of fans.

Our fans:

Stevie G has turned us into a well drilled, well coached disciplined unit.

Also our fans

But we are likely to lose the league if we let some wideos shout mindless abuse from the terraces.

You do realise we're talking about 3% capacity :rolleyes:

Not for me. We have to think of the economy, as well as health. Shutting the border damages trade and people’s livelihoods. Why should they be punished when they are sticking to the rules.

How are the matches easily manipulable? They are only giving locals access to tickets. They will presumably be scouring resale sites and will block those reselling through unofficial channels. Liverpool, for example, are setting up a structure fan’s need to adhere to.

Capacities are massively reduced and isolation will be insisted upon. Games are also outside. Rates of transfer will be minimal as I assume fans will have to wear masks.

You have more chance of infection going to the supermarket.

Rates are falling but it is up to the individual and authorities to police themselves effectively. The vaccine is also not far away.

Back