"Tough" December

Tailwind

I'll admit to looking at round 2 of the fixtures, match day 12 through 22 and thinking we had it tough.

All our fans who cry "one game at a time" are also the ones saying look at the run of fixtures through Nov, Dec, Jan etc and saying how tough we have it, how Celtic are guaranteed max points and we're bound to slip up. Now, ignoring this line of thinking keeps getting proven wrong again and again, i'm looking at our remaining December fixtures and trying to locate the tough games we have. I just cant see them????

We already went to Rugby Park and won. We already skelped Abdereen 4-0.

We have Hibs, but we already to Easter Road and were robbed of a win. Hibs at home should be no problem for us.

Where is this "brutal" run of games? Where are these "mammoth tests"?

I know we will have a dodgy draw or loss somewhere. But what we wont have is a run of bad results.

I dont see a game in December where we arent huge favourites. And with the advantage we have in our back pocket we can get away with a slip up somewhere. Especially after today.

I firmly believe we get to Jan 2 having lost no more points than them.

I'll admit to looking at round 2 of the fixtures, match day 12 through 22 and thinking we had it tough.

All our fans who cry "one game at a time" are also the ones saying look at the run of fixtures through Nov, Dec, Jan etc and saying how tough we have it, how Celtic are guaranteed max points and we're bound to slip up. Now, ignoring this line of thinking keeps getting proven wrong again and again, i'm looking at our remaining December fixtures and trying to locate the tough games we have. I just cant see them????

We have Hibs, but we already to Easter Road and were robbed of a win. Hibs at home should be no problem for us.

I know we will have a dodgy draw or loss somewhere. But what we wont have is a run of bad results.

I dont see a game in December where we arent huge favourites. And with the advantage we have in our back pocket we can get away with a slip up somewhere. Especially after today.

Agree with what you say mate, but isn't the tough run of fixtures in January?

Tbh in our current form, I dont think any run of fixtures is particularly tough. I mean that because if we play to our potential, we are miles better than any other team in the country

December is always a tough month, but its also one of our more productive months too normally. The way this team are playing we should let the others do the worrying. We have still to have a team full firing I believe and hopefully this next run of games is when we do it.

Agree with what you say mate, but isn't the tough run of fixtures in January?

Tbh in our current form, I dont think any run of fixtures is particularly tough. I mean that because if we play to our potential, we are miles better than any other team in the country
Until we come through January in better shape than them, then it'll be February. The doom merchants just keep moving the goal posts.

It’s the volume of games in December. We have 9 games in 27 days. Injuries, suspensions and Covid could easily mount making an ‘easy’ game a much more difficult one.
Then we go into a tough January.
One game at a time.
See this wasnt the original argument,

We have one more game than them because they got knocked out of the cup. The argument was supposed to be we have a far harder run of games.

I debate this. Now its the amount of games we have. They have 8 we have 9. Hardly a far greater challenge.

The last 9 years have mentally worn me out so much that we could be 30points ahead with 31 points to play for and I'll still be shitting myself.

I'll never get too cocky either, especially in december.

Let's talk again in march.
Your first line - grow a pair!

Similar to what I say. Bad results breed bad results. Yet a few loonies on here want the yahoos to win matches.
Their so called easy run has stalled already, while ours is off to a great start.

Not over yet, but getting closer.

See this wasnt the original argument,

We have one more game than them because they got knocked out of the cup. The argument was supposed to be we have a far harder run of games.

I debate this. Now its the amount of games we have. They have 8 we have 9. Hardly a far greater challenge.

Who is this original argument you are having with ?

Well I hope you're right and we skoosh January's fixtures. I'll keep my feet firmly on the ground for the time being though if it's alright with you.

you seem to be looking for an argument bro?

what gives?

can we all not just enjoy the healthy position we find outlrselves in currently and also the mentally challenged hordes completely losing the plot :)
You dont think that was an absurd comment? "If we were 30 points ahead with 31 to play for i'd still be shitting myself"? I'd be embarrassed to be so wet.

He is stating that posters thought the yahoos December was easiest.

Judging by their current state, no matches are easy for them, while we continue to deliver.

Well it's easy for him to come say this with hindsight now that 2 of their home games are done.

Before they went into meltdown you would say on paper they had the easier december.

Hate these posts where other fans seek out to shoot down other fans with the power of hindsight. Hahaha

Lets just enjoy the moment and not pretend we are not shocked by how quickly they have crashed and how well we are doing, I knew we would be challenging but no one would have thought december 6th would look like it does now.

I'm loving it.

The last 9 years have mentally worn me out so much that we could be 30points ahead with 31 points to play for and I'll still be shitting myself.

I'll never get too cocky either, especially in december.

Let's talk again in march.
Agree, a long way to go. I am not counting my chickens. Also after the last nine year I will never take any thing for granted again and cherish every trophy or title we win.

Well it's easy for him to come say this with hindsight now that 2 of their home games are done.

Before they went into meltdown you would say on paper they had the easier december.

Hate these posts where other fans seek out to shoot down other fans with the power of hindsight. Hahaha

Lets just enjoy the moment and not pretend we are not shocked by how quickly they have crashed and how well we are doing, I knew we would be challenging but no one would have thought december 6th would look like it does now.

I'm loving it.
My lad said he can't believe our lead now and the state they are in. A few more bad results, and that will be the norm for them till May.

You dont think that was an absurd comment? "If we were 30 points ahead with 31 to play for i'd still be shitting myself"? I'd be embarrassed to be so wet.

i think it was half tongue and cheek to be fair but anyway the last 9 years or so has left a lot of our support(me included) with a load of scar tissue, its surely not that difficult to understand?

I'm loving it.

The folk who are desperate to stop any enjoyment of our current position would have been conceding the league to them weeks ago, best ignored, lap it up and enjoy their misery.

I think St johnstone and Stmirren are hard games.

The time of KO and dates taking place.

I still think 6 pts, however its o.eghingto make of.

1 GAME AT A TIME

Not disagreeing with you mate, you make a good few points there.

We will drop points and to be fair I'm not too worried about the team, more the reaction on here than anything else.

Theres a habit of making a drama into a crisis for no reason. Take last week, the Dave king shares, that was blown up into possibly derailing the season. Standard liege game after going behind twice, someone posted this was down to Dave kings shares and it could derail the season. Then today, till we went ahead, panic was setting in. Too many want the game done and dusted after 10 mins.

Myself, I will still err on the side of caution, but the gaps growing and it would need an almighty collapse from this squad who are confident and we have the luxury of picking a team with changes and keeping things fresh.

Not bad for a possible derailed season. Been a bloody good week.

For those suggesting we dont have fans on here saying we have a tough December or a tougher December than them, people are absolutely saying this:

People also said they would make ground on us in the second round of fixtures (match days 12 to 22)

People said there was no way they would drop points in the away games at Aberdeen and Hibs when many of us said there was a very high chance they would.

We also had fans since that Hibs game saying they wouldn't be dropping any more points in the run to the OF, absolutely 100% guaranteed, whilst Rangers had the harder run of games. SInce which they've been papped out of Europe, the league cup and dropped points in the very next league game.

Lets have a bit of intellectual honesty on here. Fans are absolutely claiming these things. And thats what I cant get my head around. They are the ones who have won 2 in 13.

The "one game at a time" crew are the same ones who dont apply this logic to Celtic and have awarded them full points from now to the end of the season including all 3 old firm games, both games in hand and every game between the Hibs game and Jan 2. Albeit that got fucked on game one of this uncontested run you have awarded them the points.

There is a "one game at a time" rule for a rampant Rangers, but no "one game at a time" rule for an imploding Celtic. Odd....

For those suggesting we dont have fans on here saying we have a tough December or a tougher December than them, people are absolutely saying this:

People also said they would make ground on us in the second round of fixtures (match days 12 to 22)

People said there was no way they would drop points in the away games at Aberdeen and Hibs when many of us said there was a very high chance they would.

We also had fans since that Hibs game saying they wouldn't be dropping any more points in the run to the OF, absolutely 100% guaranteed, whilst Rangers had the harder run of games. SInce which they've been papped out of Europe, the league cup and dropped points in the very next league game.

Lets have a bit of intellectual honesty on here. Fans are absolutely claiming these things. And thats what I cant get my head around. They are the ones who have won 2 in 13.

The "one game at a time" crew are the same ones who dont apply this logic to Celtic and have awarded them full points from now to the end of the season including all 3 old firm games, both games in hand and every game between the Hibs game and Jan 2. Albeit that got fucked on game one of this uncontested run you have awarded them the points.

There is a "one game at a time" rule for a rampant Rangers, but no "one game at a time" rule for an imploding Celtic. Odd....

You coming out with this after their meltdown with the power of hindsight means shit.

Before their meltdown on paper you would say we had a tougher december. We are away 4 out of 5 while they are home 4 out of 5 for fucksake hahaha

Who the %^*& cares anyway, let's just enjoy we have started december well and theh havnt.

Similar to what I say. Bad results breed bad results. Yet a few loonies on here want the yahoos to win matches.
Their so called easy run has stalled already, while ours is off to a great start.

Not over yet, but getting closer.
To be fair, the loonies were only trying to keep lennon in a job. We met halfway today and alls good.

Indeed. Astounds me how many don’t seem to have learned their lesson.
I normally agree with many of your posts.

The Rangers of last 2 years werent playing like this one, werent winning like this one, weren't as strong in terms of the squad depth as this one, werent sharing goals throughout the team like this, werent on a defensive run of 3 league goals conceded all season.

Allied to the Celtic team werent imploding like this one, werent on a run of 2 wins in 13 or whatever it was.

On a cursory, surface level look, it appears similar to last year. Once you scratch beneath the surface it looks enromously different. On many, many fronts. Not only do you need us to implode again, when we look far less likely too, you need an equally unlikely massive upturn from them.

The same fans that think the league is over are the same that will sh*t the bed when we next drop points. Post Hibs and Livi was the same...
You say that. But its not true in my mind. Furthermore, there is no way if you could know that is true. It just sounds good in your head.

I think St johnstone and Stmirren are hard games.

The time of KO and dates taking place.

I still think 6 pts, however its o.eghingto make of.

1 GAME AT A TIME
See, this is my point.

You think a game against the worst team in the league, objectively speaking is hard.

People told me Aberdeen was a hard match. I said naw, think I even predicted 4-0 on here.
People claimed County was a "mammoth task" this week.

Now people are trying to tell me a game against the worst team in the league is a hard game?

Come on?!

I normally agree with many of your posts.

The Rangers of last 2 years werent playing like this one, werent winning like this one, weren't as strong in terms of the squad depth as this one, werent sharing goals throughout the team like this, werent on a defensive run of 3 league goals conceded all season.

Allied to the Celtic team werent imploding like this one, werent on a run of 2 wins in 13 or whatever it was.

On a cursory, surface level look, it appears similar to last year. Once you scratch beneath the surface it looks enromously different. On many, many fronts. Not only do you need us to implode again, when we look far less likely too, you need an equally unlikely massive upturn from them.

Its true, but like i said, in Walters second season back people were doing the “Walter out” dance after the new year old firm game because they left Ibrox with a 7 point lead. That’s potentially our lead and that’s a lead we came back from to be champions, while we’re in a great position it’s still wise to take the one game at a time approach and not over do it to the extent a few are so early in the season.

I'm loving it.
Except if you go back through my history I have been saying the same thing since before....

No captain hindsight here.

I'm loving it.
Also, bear in mind this meltdown began in October with Rangers 0-2 at Sharkheid. Its not like we've not had a few weeks now to see the lay of the land

St Mirren and St Johnstone away will be tricky games we never really play well at St Mirren and its always a bit of a slog against them. Hibs at home will be tricky as well they're a decent side but the way we are going at the moment fully expect the 9 points from those games.

The folk who are desperate to stop any enjoyment of our current position would have been conceding the league to them weeks ago, best ignored, lap it up and enjoy their misery.
Nail on head.

Agree they'd be conceding the title if roles were reversed. Because despite the fact we havent lost a match all season, only conceded 3 league goals all season, have scored something like 30 without reply in the league and the fact they have won 2 in 12 or whatever, they are still banking on the mentally challengeds getting more points than us before Jan 2.

So if we were the ones struggling, imagine their glass half empty view of things then.

You coming out with this after their meltdown with the power of hindsight means shit.

Before their meltdown on paper you would say we had a tougher december. We are away 4 out of 5 while they are home 4 out of 5 for fucksake hahaha

Who the %^*& cares anyway, let's just enjoy we have started december well and theh havnt.
No hindsight here.

You keep throwing that accusation around. I've been saying these things for weeks.

This isnt something thats just become apparent now.

Its been there to see since October.

Them at Home, Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell all away in January, that's the hard run. Lets not get ahead of ourselves Plenty of twist and turns to come especially in this weird season with Covid.

See, this is my point.

You think a game against the worst team in the league, objectively speaking is hard.

People told me Aberdeen was a hard match. I said naw, think I even predicted 4-0 on here.
People claimed County was a "mammoth task" this week.

Now people are trying to tell me a game against the worst team in the league is a hard game?

Come on?!
Im saying why though, Time of year, a night game, bad pitches.

I still expect 6 pts, however wont fully celebrate until 2.0, just like today.

I hope you are right Buddy. Its just my way I'm dealing Wih it.

We all know this I's Different from all our past victories.

A home game against St Mirren even gives me the shivers.

As Luke told Palpatine:

“Your overconfidence is your weakness”

Back