Tough times for the board...

I don't think King will pull the trigger, I think he'll try and sicken him into walking.

I think he resented paying the compensation for him and he'll resent paying him off.

Catch 22. Can we afford to sack Pedro? Doing that and paying compensation for a new manager is a lot of money to lose.
Next stop January and see if the board back him. Probably not if we are out of contention. His most costly signings have been poor ie Pena and Herera.
Will be interesting to see if he's backed in January,if indeed he's still here.

Remarkable we actually paid money to get Pedro.

Since the good guys took over the pitch side of the business has been a shambles.

I have little faith in them making the right appointment.

Maybe they should publish a list of names and the fans can vote on it.

I think something will have to be done prior to the next transfer window.

If we can push the boat out and get a strong manager in it allows him to start building (yet again) for next season, cos we aint winning anything with Pedro in charge - ever

It's King v Parks.

Not in a vicious way, or as in personal hostility, but...the Parks want to show that they are HERE and can make day to day decisions. They also know Pedro Mendes socially...

Offered the job

Offered a budget

Budget wasnt what he deemed sufficient to seriously mount a challenge.

Board wouldnt budge.

Said no thanks
Was this before Pedro was appointed?

I heard he was offered it but the sticking point was he wanted it at the end of the season and the board wanted him immediately.

The man can't get his team to string 3 wins on the trot against the absolute dross of Scottish football, I'm not talking about winking the league or a cup, a simple 3 match win streak. The guy just doesn't have it

Was this before Pedro was appointed?

I heard he was offered it but the sticking point was he wanted it at the end of the season and the board wanted him immediately.

Before Pedro

Smith ‘Apparently’ advised McInness that the time wasnt right and wait til the finances were sorted off the field

Then King convenes board meeting and they have a proper, grown up discussion about it...he cannot let them convene interview panel again.
Totally agree - anyway, is that not part of Mark Allen's remit?

Our next manager really needs to be up to the job and I said on another thread, the Board need to find a way to make it happen

Totally agree - anyway, is that not part of Mark Allen's remit?

Our next manager really needs to be up to the job and I said on another thread, the Board need to find a way to make it happen

I'd actually just appoint a first team coach and let MA handle recruitment, youth football, scouting etc.

Mate, if you are not a beast I'm sorry, but like I said I've never met a Rangers fan who thinks second is ok, never mind third.

This season we might just have to take that. I don't see us with many options that will be positive in the short term, change towards the end of the season yes, but if we do it now we better have a candidate in mind and I don't see a manager out there who can 1) Toughen us up. 2) Keep the foreign contingent working. 3) Will transform our playing style.
The wheels could come off this season in spectacular style if we get this wrong, sticking with the fella until the end of the season might allow us to get European football, find the right man without rushing it, and allow the new guy to get some funds from the foreign guys who will want to leave in the summer. This is a job that has to have short, medium & long term results. Very few managers can do that, even fewer will come here to do it.

This season we might just have to take that. I don't see us with many options that will be positive in the short term, change towards the end of the season yes, but if we do it now we better have a candidate in mind and I don't see a manager out there who can 1) Toughen us up. 2) Keep the foreign contingent working. 3) Will transform our playing style.
The wheels could come off this season in spectacular style if we get this wrong, sticking with the fella until the end of the season might allow us to get European football, find the right man without rushing it, and allow the new guy to get some funds from the foreign guys who will want to leave in the summer. This is a job that has to have short, medium & long term results. Very few managers can do that, even fewer will come here to do it.

And you don't believe a caretaker with respect and credentials might do that until next summer? I keep thinking Allerdyce or Pardew, someone like that...

And you don't believe a caretaker with respect and credentials might do that until next summer? I keep thinking Allerdyce or Pardew, someone like that...

You're coming from a position that they'll be better...they might not be. We don't need a caretaker, that's just more uncertainty/confusion. Would it make January transfer targets more or less likely to sign if they don't know who the manager will be ? Right now, regardless of yesterday's result, the manager isn't some stop gap parachuted in to tide us over.

You're coming from a position that they'll be better...they might not be. We don't need a caretaker, that's just more uncertainty/confusion. Would it make January transfer targets more or less likely to sign if they don't know who the manager will be ? Right now, regardless of yesterday's result, the manager isn't some stop gap parachuted in to tide us over.

But we agreed - did we not - that next appointment was crucial and needed to be thought out. I actually agree that next summer is right time for new man, but I wouldn't have Pedro there meantime.

Say what you want, but the appointment of Pedro Caixinha has been a stunning crescendo to the Banter Years

"Think you've turned a corner, do ya?! Well just wait until you meet this UNTESTED PORTUGESE MATADOR FROM QATAR!!!"

F*ck me. If you didn't laugh you'd greet

Say what you want, but the appointment of Pedro Caixinha has been a stunning crescendo to the Banter Years

"Think you've turned a corner, do ya?! Well just wait until you meet this UNTESTED PORTUGESE MATADOR FROM QATAR!!!"

F*ck me. If you didn't laugh you'd greet

It has been somehow apt...we don't do 'good news' at the moment and why did we expect any?

Back